Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Prognosis (U.K.) for Neo or Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Prognosis (U.K.) for Neo or Crossover Prog
    Posted: March 28 2013 at 01:59
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 18:50
Checked "Beneath Box Hill", that sounds more of mainstream than Neo.

Crossover? Good stuffs indeed.
Aragon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 03:21
mmmm it's neoprog in my opinion for the Marillionish synth, and the classic Rothery style of clean guitar listen well "inside my head". Ehy this piece is very Marillionish wow thx for the discovery!!!

Mmmm the 2nd piece is prog folk....Confused so i don't know, it could be even crossover, yes it's crossover now im sure 100%. It's too poppish for neoprog LOL

Edited by Aragon - April 06 2013 at 03:34
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 05:24
bump
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 06:25
^ In the hands of the Crossover Team.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 08:15
^ Yes Indeed! - According to their website they are essentially a 70s (and 80s)  prog tribute band: http://www.theprognosis.co.uk/

"The Prognosis are the Surrey based progressive rock tribute band recreating the sounds produced by a number of excellent prog rock bands from the seventies and eighties.

This musical genre first established in the 70′s by the former Surrey based bands of Genesis and Camel is now being re-discovered with the help of The Prognosis who are creating a renewed groundswell of interest in this type of music.

The Prognosis play a complex and varied set of classics, from Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Comfortably Numb from Pink Floyd, Firth of the Fifth, Cinema Show, The Knife and Turn It On Again from Genesis , Lady Fantasy, Rydar Goes to Town and Dunkirk from Camel and others classics from the likes of Supertramp, Deep Purple, Focus, Caravan, Rush, King Crimson, ELP, Jethro Tull & Steve Hackett."

Their original material thus far is limited to a three-track EP 'Beneath Box Hill', coming in at a shade under 24 minutes, and you can certainly hear the Camel and 'Trick Of The Tail' era Genesis influence in their music (notably during the first track 'Inside My Head'). I am reminded of the Scottish Neo Prog act Abel Ganz too, particularly during the second and third tracks of the EP.

Sits somewhere on the Neo/Crossover boundary for me - so, since Keishiro of the Neo team passed it on to us in the first place, we'll see what the Crossover team make of it: http://progfreak.com/The-Prognosis-156092.html?path=pa/recent. Smile
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 18:44
added.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 02:33
Beer
said it couldntbdone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 15:26
I think 'Beneath Box Hil'l contains the best 3 tracks I have heard for a long while.

There is definate influences of all the major star players of 70's prog, camel,Genesis Marillion and Caravan are particularly evident, while Jethro Tull is dominant in the middle track.

All three tracks have evolved with this band live before they entered the recording studio, as all masterpieces do, The end result is very pleasant 70's style prog recorded and presented in a melodic and smooth yet still potent way.

This is a more than professional recording, but from an amateur band and I luv it.
gardnes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 15:32
Thanks for your interest in our music- I will comment in more detail if i can this post to work!
SG
gardnes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 15:42
Hi Folks

Thanks for you positive comments on our music. As the composer of the basic patterns of our tracks perhaps I can comments on your comments!!
Inside my head was designed as a 70's tribute to the music of Camel and others who played primarily instrumental extended "symphonies" a series of parts linked by a theme-it is our favourite track and recent winner of Prog Rock Magazines Unsigned band 2 competition!!
The Legend of Parker Baul followed a series of unfortunate experiences of Morris Men! The track is definitely a Jethro Tull meets Selling England by the Pound-a sort of contemporary spin on musical story telling. Here is the News was designed to be more immediate and accessible-Wth a hint of Rush underlying. We try to bring a range of different styles to our composition which reflects the tributes we play to Genesis, Pink Floyd, Rush, Steve Hackett, Jethro Tull, Supertramp etc.
Come and check us out at: Friends Life on Nov 29th 7.30. For more details contacts: [email protected]
SG
 Post Reply Post Reply