Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't Add Youtube video to Band profile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't Add Youtube video to Band profile
    Posted: April 02 2013 at 00:21
I tried adding a new video to the Shadow Circus page - it appears that the search function is broken that allows you to select which video to add - it simply populates the same list of unrelated videos no matter what the search term is, and the link to Page 2 of these generic results leads to blank results...
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 04:31
i will give it a go then... any video in particular?
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 04:37
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

i will give it a go then... any video in particular?

Thanks, Scott, I appreciate your help!

Here is the link to the video:

ID is 8sjS1w3p2OA in case that simplifies things...
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 05:00
Search videos function does not work well, I saw it many times.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 00:29
Does it work at all? Tried for Third Ear Band and Fairport Convention, same general null result showing justin timberlakes for the default search, selfwritten queries returning nothing
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 06:51
Works somehow.
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 13:56
I tried tricking the form into adding this video by editing the video ID fields using Firebig. It successfully posted it! But the video doesn't work, so, alas, a failure: http://www.progarchives.com/video.asp?id=5357

Any chance of getting some help with this? Admins?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 16:00
Yes, please PM to admins. We can't change videos' IDs or delete videos.

I've found this video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sjS1w3p2OA, but can't add it because the search function does not see it.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 18:57
The "Search and add videos" feature on the artists pages no longer works for me, either.  

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 04:35
Can anybody with Chrome find correct films with the current search video tool?
I wonder if there is some change in Google & YouTube end causing the issue.

Not relevant to the issue itself, but if the current systems should not work anymore, I would propose building system where users could propose videos for adding, and admins would add those which are official - this proposition meaning to enhance both video quality and selecting official uploads, lessening the Sisyphus task of collabs currently cleaning videos from pages which were often dead allready on arrival. Enlargening the embeding capability to vimeo might be worthwhile investment also. Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 10:03
Originally posted by Eetu Pellonpää Eetu Pellonpää wrote:

I would propose building system where users could propose videos for adding, and admins would add those which are official - this proposition meaning to enhance both video quality and selecting official uploads, lessening the Sisyphus

I don't think Admins would be happy to get new badly paid job. Smile

And who can say what's official and what's not. Is selection from officially released DVD official? Is old TV footage never released on VHS/DVD unofficial?

No need to make things more complex than they are, let's better KISS (keep it simple and stoopid).

Obviously, Search videos tool needs to be fixed. Thath's all IMHO.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 17 2013 at 10:04
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 00:26
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Originally posted by Eetu Pellonpää Eetu Pellonpää wrote:

I would propose building system where users could propose videos for adding, and admins would add those which are official - this proposition meaning to enhance both video quality and selecting official uploads, lessening the Sisyphus

I don't think Admins would be happy to get new badly paid job. Smile

And who can say what's official and what's not. Is selection from officially released DVD official? Is old TV footage never released on VHS/DVD unofficial?

No need to make things more complex than they are, let's better KISS (keep it simple and stoopid).

Obviously, Search videos tool needs to be fixed. Thath's all IMHO.

I agree any unneccesary job sjould be avoided, but I would raise question, which causes more work, constant cleaning of dead videos or controlled uploading? Don't mean I know the exact answer to this.

You can see information about the YouTube posters in their profile, and often conclude is it official or not.
F.Ex. this Moody Blues video is uploaded by the Eagle Vision who published the Isle of Wight DVD: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEWbmt0LrgQ
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 01:03
^ There are lots of interesting archive videos (from old TV translations for example). Maybe they are not official, probably artists don't know these videos exist or don't have rights for the them etc, but nobody complains. Even more, clever artists use such videos when necessary.

Using only only official promos means to reject lots of valuable material.   
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 03:48
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ There are lots of interesting archive videos (from old TV translations for example). Maybe they are not official, probably artists don't know these videos exist or don't have rights for the them etc, but nobody complains. Even more, clever artists use such videos when necessary.

Using only only official promos means to reject lots of valuable material.   

I certainly agree with you on this aspect - the quality or status of a video upload is not most easy to define.
But I personally think there are detectable differences for example with this archive clip and youtube "films" showing album cover over cd rip, waiting it's most certain removal removal.

This issue goes to the debate of interest for video quality (earlier tried here). From my part, please continue with the solving of the video embend problem (I would certainly discuss this topic further, if it should be relevant).

Have great weekend you all! Smile
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 10:54
Anyone have any info on this?  

Let me know, as of now I can no longer add new video to the database. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 12:20
I just realized: Search videos tool is useless, it never worked well, not it does not work at all.

Only "Add video" function is necessary!!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2013 at 01:08
^ Like the "Inser Movie" function in the forum texts, asking only video code? Smile f.ex ErDLB8kd2p4
If I understood your proposal correctly, whis would be very handy - especially if there would be Vimeo support also Party
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2013 at 10:58
^ Yes, something like this.
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 09:25
Eloy Fritsch page doesn't work too!

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7967
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 10:23
It does not work on any page. 

Usually the Search videos finds some crap not related to the artist.
On Fritsch page after clicking "Search and add more videos" 500 Internal server error appears. Big difference! LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>