Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgDay 2013! Chapel Hill, North Carolina,USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2013 at 18:04
CORIMA at ProgDay 2013!

"Corima is a stunning amalgamation of musicians, bridging the past foundations of...Zeuhl and the modern musings of experimental fusion...With Corima, I feel the sound is launched far into the future and grafted with shades of many worlds and still lives on its own regardless of the past foundations that are present...Every song is filled with an abundance of musical composition and directions to making music. To nail the intervals, spacing and free form embellishments that Corima achieves is a task all its own. To make it sound as tasteful and soothing as their full length Quetzalcoatl is really puts me back in my seat."
- Erik Otis, SOUNDCOLOURVIBRATION.COM

"Corima is a young US band playing zeuhl music! The band formed a few years ago in Texas before moving to LA as a duo and then recruiting new members...Corima's music owes a lot to Magma...being a succession of personal ideas and heavy glimpses towards the master founder of the Zeuhl genre. The cosmogony is no longer Kobaďan but deals with the Mexican myth of Quetzalcoatl (the feathered-snake God) who talks to his people... In short, Corima... pays homage to Magma in a very festive way, taking an approach rather similar to Koenjihyakkei."
- Soleil Zeuhl

ProgDay is very pleased to host this five-piece band's first show on the east coast of the US.

CORIMA (US) will join OBLIVION SUN (US), HERD OF INSTINCT (US), MIRIODOR (Canada), THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival.  ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks!

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
www.michaelbennett.com
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2013 at 20:43
Utterly fantastic signing, congrats!!
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2013 at 21:45
Damn.

That's amazing.

I really wish I was going!
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
miciah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 21:07
OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE Performs at ProgDay 2013!

“This is quirky, offbeat stuff, filled with twisting time signatures, intriguing jazzy bits, noodling solo passages, gorgeous and quite poppy vocal harmonies...Whether it's the straight Canterbury styled prog of the "Train Ride Samba" suite (National Health meets Gryphon anyone?), the grungy prog of "Grungadelic," or the ripping prog-fusion of "Jasmine," complete with some scorching Zappa/Petrucci styled guitar solos, there's intriguing music at just about every corner...a can't miss for any prog fan.”
- Peter Pardo, SEA OF TRANQUILITY

OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE is a six piece progressive rock outfit from South Jersey that formed in 2010.  They moved into a house together in 2011, and later spent 6 months living on a mountain/farm in Virginia, growing their own food, playing music and practicing sustainable living.  They returned more committed than ever to the band and its music.  After two EPs and one album, the band has become known for it's eclectic vision that features a mix of musical styles and approaches, all presented with skilled musicianship and finesse.

OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE (US) will join CORIMA (US), OBLIVION SUN (US), HERD OF INSTINCT (US), MIRIODOR (Canada), THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival.  ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks!

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
www.michaelbennett.com

miciah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2013 at 19:04
MAVARA Plays ProgDay 2013!

Drawn to the music of progressive rock, FARHOOD GHADIRI formed MAVARA (translation: "beyond everything you think") in Tehran in 2001.  Counting PINK FLOYD, RUSH and ELOY among its strongest influences, the band has since released 3 albums, and despite the restrictions put on rock music in Iran, MAVARA has developed a fanbase in the Middle East and in parts of Europe where they have managed to perform.  Known for its lush music, atmospheres and emotional vocals, MAVARA will be featuring music from its latest release, Season Of Salvation.

MAVARA (Iran) joins OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE (US), CORIMA (US), OBLIVION SUN (US), HERD OF INSTINCT (US), MIRIODOR (Canada), THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival.  ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks!

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
www.michaelbennett.com

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2013 at 21:27
Wow. An Iranian band...wasn't expecting that!
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
warrplayer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 18:07
Cool deal on scoring a middle eastern band. All in all I am liking the balance of this years' 
line up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12