Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 116>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 05:45
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

RIP Mike Nichols, great director whom many films i have watched, over the years admired.

Absolutely, a remarkable talent--  most probably know him as a director but he was also a great sketch and improve guy with his wife Elaine May, also a gifted performer and director (e.g. the original Heartbreak Kid with Charles Grodin) .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 05:54
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

RIP Mike Nichols, great director whom many films i have watched, over the years admired.

Absolutely, a remarkable talent--  most probably know him as a director but he was also a great sketch and improve guy with his wife Elaine May, also a gifted performer and director (e.g. the original Heartbreak Kid with Charles Grodin) .

i have seen lot if ItAS and also with Mike Nichols and ive seen James Lipton outlive many of those guests he has, and Lipton is like 86 years old, he will never die...
Permy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Permy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 08:17
"fORTY lEAVES gONE"

Tomorrow is 40 years since passing of legend, Nick Drake.

You ingrates pay proper obeisance, right?
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2014 at 19:11
RIP, Ian McLagen of Small Faces, legend

Edited by Icarium - December 03 2014 at 19:13
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhikkhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 06:29
R.I.P. to Jerry Haberman, owner of one of the Detroit area's best music venues, and home base for Discipline, The Magic Bag.

akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2014 at 14:47

RIP Mr John Lennon who died 34 years ago today. How time flies.
Help me I'm falling!
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 08:15
RIP Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott,stolen from us 11 years ago today.

Edited by TheProgtologist - December 10 2014 at 08:17

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 12:13
^ Amen brother! I consider him to be one of the best metal guitar players ever, such a shame he died like that.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 12:42
you will be rememberd Joe Cocker, may your voice filll the skies or wherever you go, one of the grand voices of rock.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 12:50

you will be rememberd Joe Cocker, may your voice filll the skies or wherever you go, one of the grand voices of rock.

Amen.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 13:08
RIP. Cocker was a true one off.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 10:11
Joe Cocker - blue eyed soul interpreter of the highest order.  He kind of got lost in a drug and booze haze for twenty years but still put on great shows with only the best musicians.  Check out the Stingray album - a bit past his prime but he had Stuff as his backup band.....Cornell Dupree, Richard Tee, Eric Gale.....everyone wanted to play with him 'cause he drew crowds, covered tasty tunes and had the pipes to bring the song alive.  God bless Joe Cocker.
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 12:43
Joe Cocker, an indescribable talent, the only singer I knew that could play his voice with his hands.  Never forget the SNL episode where John Belushi imitated him while he sang!

You were so beautiful Joe, God bless you!
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 19:44
RIP Cavenaugh voice of Dexter in Dexter Labratory. [:'(]
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 20:01
Great avatar, Icarium!

I'm a collector of the local Australia Phantom comic for 25 years now, a massive fan of the character! I actually had a letter printed in an issue a few months back!

Cool to see some other Phans around!
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 15:22
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Joe Cocker, an indescribable talent, the only singer I knew that could play his voice with his hands.  Never forget the SNL episode where John Belushi imitated him while he sang!

You were so beautiful Joe, God bless you!

Classic TV there. Few shows capture that kind of magic these days.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svetonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 07:29
Wakeman's Birotron View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wakeman's Birotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 14:34
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

[/TUBE]

I will confess I only know of this guy thanks to David Lynch. Embarrassed

Same for me... His performance on Twin Peaks final episode was spine chilling
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 12:39
R.I.P. Jan "Kyks" Skrzek, a Polish renowned blues-man and the younger brother of Józef Skrzek from S.B.B. Unhappy

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/cc/86/10/z17327820Q,Jan--Kyks--Skrzek--2005-rok.jpg
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
floflo79 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floflo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 12:46
Cry
The European Prog have a really dark month
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 116>