Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 117>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ten years after Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2016 at 14:40
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

Originally posted by KingCrInuYasha KingCrInuYasha wrote:

John Glenn, first American in space dead. Holy Censored, just a day after Greg Lake.
Actually John Glenn was the second American into space.  The first American was Alan Shepard.  John Glenn did become the first American to enter Earth orbit with his 3-orbit flight.

Third.  Gus Grissom was second.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2016 at 16:37
Originally posted by ten years after ten years after wrote:

Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

Originally posted by KingCrInuYasha KingCrInuYasha wrote:

John Glenn, first American in space dead. Holy Censored, just a day after Greg Lake.
Actually John Glenn was the second American into space.  The first American was Alan Shepard.  John Glenn did become the first American to enter Earth orbit with his 3-orbit flight.

Third.  Gus Grissom was second.

"ten years" you are absolutely correct.  My mistake.
HosiannaMantra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HosiannaMantra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2016 at 15:31
I just read in a YouTube comment section that Dave Lawson informed one fan about The Web/Samurai bassist/guitar player John Eaton's passing in October this year. Cry
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2016 at 15:48
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

So far this year (2016):

Abe Vigoda, 

LIES!!!!!! Angry Internet rumors Evil Smile...  He still lives man....Heart
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 08:30
R.I.P. Rick Parfitt.
It's a shame Status Quo spent half of the 90's doing cover versions, but you most certainly rocked 'til you dropped!

http://news.sky.com/story/status-quo-guitarist-rick-parfitt-dies-in-hospital-in-spain-10707246
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 09:18
ffs!
What?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 10:00
My wife has just told me.

Yet another shocking loss to the world of rock music. In their heyday, Quo were a fantastic act, and, in common with my rock fan friends in the 1970's, I loved them.

RIP
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 10:44
Good grief, another one.  RIP and thanks Rick, you Matchstick Man!
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 17:27
More sad news. Cry

RIP
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2016 at 09:17
Rick Parfitt on Christmas Eve no less. Yes, another sad loss this year.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2016 at 09:45
I'd been singing that cloy Christmas song by Wham! all week....some of my students got into singalongs and then the worm weaves its way in.  Poor George Michaels - never a big fan but it seems the press just never left the guy alone.  
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2016 at 11:47
'twas his Last Christmas...

R.I.P. George Michael

2016 hasn't ended yet...
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 11:05
R.I.P. Carrie Fisher
http://news.sky.com/story/star-wars-actress-carrie-fisher-dies-aged-60-after-heart-attack-10709736
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 11:15
R.I.P.

May the Force be with you... Unhappy
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 12:02
Also, the sad news that Richard Adams has passed away, albeit at a grand old age.

I still love Watership Down.

2016 cannot end soon enough.

RIP.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 12:21
Drummer Alphonse Mouzon RIP
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Gutter View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 16:48
Loved Mind Transplant, Alphonse Mouzon's fusion album with Tommy Bolin.

Al was a monster on the skins and John Bonham used to come and see him play whenever he could.  He was mentioned at Led Zep's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2016/12/26/alphonse-mouzon-dead-obit-appreciation/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 21:10
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Also, the sad news that Richard Adams has passed away, albeit at a grand old age.

I still love Watership Down.

2016 cannot end soon enough.

RIP.

Aged though he was, this news was very sad to me. I still love Watership Down, Shardik and The Plague Dogs (the last also being a particular favourite animated film of mine).
Just a fanboy passin' through.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 13:14
Here's one i'm looking forward to see on the R.I.P. page. Enough already!

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 14:39
^ LOL   That says it all doesn't it --
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 117>