Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 115>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2018 at 15:26
A few weeks back but gotta mention Chas Hodges 28 December 1943 – 22 September 2018 of Chas & Dave..
A real character, a really good piano player and his book 'Chas & his Rock n roll allotment' is a great read- he and Lemmy should have got together! Maybe they can now!

RIP Chas!
Image result for chas hodges

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 02:00
Hardy Fox also known as Charles Bobuck, co-founder, composer and long time associate of The Residents and The Cryptic Corporation.

"It is with great sorrow and regrets that The Cryptic Corporation announces the passing of longtime friend and associate, Hardy Fox. As president of the corporation from 1982-2016, the company benefitted from Hardy’s instinct for leadership and direction, but his true value came from his longtime association with The Residents. As the group’s producer, engineer, as well as a co-creator and collaborator on much of their material, Fox’s influence on The Residents was indelible; despite any formal training, his musicality was nevertheless unique, highly refined and prolific. Blessed with a vital sense of aesthetics, a keen ear, and an exquisite love of the absurd, Hardy’s smiling face was a constant source of joy to those around him. He was loved immeasurably and will be missed dearly.

After a series of recent health problems, Hardy succumbed to a brief illness, He is survived by his husband, Steven Kloman. An announcement regarding memorial services will be forthcoming."

Edited by historian9 - October 31 2018 at 02:03
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 10:10
^ i was just gonna post that but you beat me to it. Sad day. The Residents were one of the MOST unique musical bands of all time. They will never be the same without Fox if they continue.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2018 at 04:51
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 15:45
Rest in peace Stephen Hillenburg :'( creator of Spongebob Squarepants
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2018 at 08:48
Ken Berry, popular TV actor in the 1960s and ’70s who starred in “F-Troop,” “Mama’s Family” and “Mayberry R.F.D.,” died Saturday.

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2018 at 14:12
^ One of the great 'nice guys' of TV, up there with Bill Bixby and Michael Landon .

Edited by Atavachron - December 02 2018 at 14:13
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2018 at 14:45
RIP Pete Shelly of the Buzzcocks (a couple of days ago). 
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2018 at 15:51
^ Along with the Damned and the Skids, Buzzcocks were my fave 'punk' band! Pete Shelley was a great writer of short, melodic, up tempo Pop-Punk songs with tight, choppy guitar very much in a 'Bill Nelson' and early Be-bop deluxe vein. RIP Pete.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2018 at 17:31
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

^ Along with the Damned and the Skids, Buzzcocks were my fave 'punk' band! Pete Shelley was a great writer of short, melodic, up tempo Pop-Punk songs with tight, choppy guitar very much in a 'Bill Nelson' and early Be-bop deluxe vein. RIP Pete.

I forgot to mention he was 63. I actually just picked up "singles going steady" today for 5 bucks on cd today at a local record store(along with the Beatles "let it be"(6 dollars)and Def Deppard's "high and dry"(also 5 dollars).  Anyway, I only have a few other punk(or punkish)cds in my collection(the others being one by Husker Du and two by Pere Ubu). So far I like the Buzzcocks' cd. Anyway, again RIP. 

I've heard of the Damned of course but not the Skids so I guess I'll have to look into them.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - December 08 2018 at 17:33
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 14:21
RIP Jutta Nienhaus from ANALOGY

dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 15:54
Nancy Wilson, 81.

Stool Man View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stool Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 02:38
Session bassist Joe Osborn, who can be heard on many 60s and 70s hits including MacArthur Park & Bridge Over Troubled Water
rotten hound of the burnie crew
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 05:59
Penny Marshal of "Laverne & Shirley" died yesterday at 75.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 08:39

Only really familiar with his Haïr musical, but what a solid piece that was

My dad had been given this LP (I still own it) and it was my second introduction to rock music after Stand Up (still own it as well)

Thanks to McDernot, Ragni and Rado

lesser know stuff

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 13:05
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Penny Marshal of "Laverne & Shirley" died yesterday at 75.
R.I.P. Lavoine.

Edited by Tom Ozric - December 19 2018 at 23:03
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 12:14
I know it's been a while, but I stumbled on this video and was missing her today.  A very passionate Paris crowd is really into it! 

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2019 at 17:13
Rest in Peace James Ingram, mostly i will thank you for contributing to thiS https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Smc5FHbZtG4
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2019 at 17:46
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Rest in Peace James Ingram, mostly i will thank you for contributing to thiS https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Smc5FHbZtG4

I remember his performance in We are the World....
He sang like a preacher...
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2019 at 08:11
Last October 12 - TAKEHISA KOSUGI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 115>