Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 117>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 16:47
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 09:10
Joseph Hannesschläger.

https://s3-images.stol.it/_images/fit/759x427/img/2020/01/rosenheim-cop-joseph-hannesschlaeger-ist-am-montag-im-alter-von-57-jahren-gestorben.jpg
German actor best known for his role as Kommissar Korbinian Hofer in "Die Rosenheim Cops", a German cop show with lots of comedy elements (for example: there often is some bureaucratic sub-plot going on at the police station, and all female characters are blabbers spreading all kinds of rumors) that started 17 years ago and is still running. one running gag is secretary Miriam Stockl calling one of the cops and saying (in Bavarian dialect): "Es gabat a Leich" meaning "there is a corpse". he died Jan 20th. R.I.P

Edited by BaldJean - January 22 2020 at 13:35

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 06:40
Terry
Jones of Monty Python today at age 77 due to dementia related illness. RIP. He was once a knight who said Ni.

Edited by SteveG - January 22 2020 at 06:53
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 08:34
Damn, another Python gone. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 09:12
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Terry
Jones of Monty Python today at age 77 due to dementia related illness. RIP. He was once a knight who said Ni.

Dang......RIP
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 09:57
Godspeed Terry
What’s that you say?

‘We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.’

I thought so
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 13:18
'Our sales would plummet!'

Rest well, Terry.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 14:00
I feel a Python deserves hes own rip thread almost
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2020 at 08:52
I just found out that Kraan, Guru Guru and Karthago keyboarder Ingo Bischof died almost exactly a year ago (Jan 26th 2019). it did not make a stir in the German media, so his demise escaped me. no-one mentioned his death in here either, which is definitely undeserved; he was an excellent keyboarder. so a belated R.I.P. to him

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2020 at 15:52
Sean Reinert (1971-2020), best known as drummer for Death, Cynic. R.I.P.
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 07:07
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-death-and-cynic-drummer-sean-reinert-dead-at-48/?fbclid=IwAR14BMKCbLU7LnJIGkwV0Tijah_n76VvaN3bsMGr5GOAhFUrDxR07wsVdtk

Only 48 years old. RIP, dude

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 08:48
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Only 48 years old. RIP, dude

What the hell?!?! 3 years younger than me and known to be pretty health conscious...drops dead of apparent cardiac arrest. I truly expected to hear him playing in projects until I was dead.

Will be spinning Gordian Knot and Human today. Hope it doesn't sound too selfish, but it would be nice to go a couple months w/o my playlist predicated on obituaries.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 09:00
RIP loved his work in Gordian Knot
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 13:45
not music but Kobe Bryant died just now in a helicopter accident.

RIP Kobe Bryant; to onecof the greatest basketball players of all time. So young

Edited by Icarium - January 26 2020 at 13:58
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 13:56

Reinert was one of most talented and overlooked prog drummers in all of rock. He was an equal with with the likes of Palmer, Bruford and the late Neil Peart and will be missed. RIP.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 14:21
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I just found out that Kraan, Guru Guru and Karthago keyboarder Ingo Bischof died almost exactly a year ago (Jan 26th 2019). it did not make a stir in the German media, so his demise escaped me. no-one mentioned his death in here either, which is definitely undeserved; he was an excellent keyboarder. so a belated R.I.P. to him

Ouch! Great, great keyboarder! Very sad!
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 14:32
Checking on Ingo Bischof I learnt that another major German keyboarder, jazzer/jazz-rocker Wolfgang Dauner, has died 10 January at the age of 84. He is on a few albums listed on progarchives, United Jazz&Rock Ensemble among others. His own band Et Cetera is also listed here.
RIP!
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 14:47
Another recent loss was Derek James Fowlds (2 September 1937 – 17 January 2020), who played Bernard Woolley in the original Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister. RIP.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 16:56
Goddamn. Prayers up for Reinert, Kobe, Bischof, Dauner, and Fowlds alike. Hell of a month, plus not even realizing Bischoof left us for so long.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2020 at 02:57
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Checking on Ingo Bischof I learnt that another major German keyboarder, jazzer/jazz-rocker Wolfgang Dauner, has died 10 January at the age of 84. He is on a few albums listed on progarchives, United Jazz&Rock Ensemble among others. His own band Et Cetera is also listed here.
RIP!

Friede and I are big fans of the United Jazz and Rock Ensemble; we had them included in the database. R.I.P. Wolfgang Dauner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 117>