Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 117>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 14:33
RIP Lothar Meid...

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 12:18
Time to find the classic Motorhead albums today it seems. Phil Taylor is the most recent addition to this thread.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 12:23
may the philthy animal rest in peace

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2015 at 07:37
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

Time to find the classic Motorhead albums today it seems. Phil Taylor is the most recent addition to this thread.

Absolutely...playing the Bomber album right now. He was an animal, but tight on those fast rhythms. An inspiration, plus he's got to be one of the coolest looking drummers ever. Not to be messed with.Cry
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 11:12
Yep - sadly missed. 

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 11:14
Armand (10.04.1946-19.11.2015), Dutch dinosaur of the protest generation, passed away yesterday.

RIP

MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2015 at 23:41
RIP Scott Weiland.  STP was one of the "grunge era" bands I grew up listening to and his voice was always so recognizable.  Glad that I can say I saw them live in 2008 before he got kicked out of the band again. Cry
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2015 at 05:59
RIP.  Given his drug abuse history this isn't all that surprising.  I am also a big STP fan and figured it was only a matter of time before we'd hear that he became another rock n roll casualty.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2015 at 18:48
Lemmy has joined the ranks today. Damn.

Edited by Windhawk - December 28 2015 at 18:49
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2015 at 18:59
Another Rock legend gone :(
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2015 at 18:59
Damn indeed. 
What?
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2015 at 19:12
Oh sh*t!! Cry
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2015 at 19:27
Ah jeez Lem.  Not that you took care of yourself but I kinda thought you were an Immortal.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2015 at 20:45
Damn sad day, RIP - Killed By Death
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 05:26
Sad day. Motörhead were the first band I saw live.

RIP
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 11:45
John Bradbury of the epessials has died RiP (65)

Stein Eriksen norwegian gold olympier in alpin skiing and famous skiing instructor in America and inventor of freestyle skiing

Edited by Icarium - December 29 2015 at 11:46
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 12:19
Lemmy.....dude was the beast, something tells me it was not just cancer. I would not be surprised if it had something also to do with his ways with women, I'd be shocked if everyone of them was "clean".

RIP Lem....sad day for metal heads 
\m/><\m/
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2015 at 22:38
I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned on this site as yet......the lead singer of The Easybeats, Stevie Wright, died on Dec 27 in New South Wales aged 68. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Wright_%28Australian_singer%29

Everyone knows their world-wide hit "Friday on My Mind" which has been covered by David Bowie, Gary Moore, Bruce Springsteen, Richard Thompson...to name a few.

Stevie also had a number 1 hit in Oz in 1974 with the 11 minute 11 second epic Evie (parts 1, 2 and 3). An absolute classic track....a single of prog-length proportions. Apparently it's the longest length (in time) single to make it to number 1 anywhere in the world.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evie_%28song%29

If you don't know the story of Stevie Wright then you should take the time to investigate. It is probably *the* saddest story in rock.

Edited by BarryGlibb - December 30 2015 at 22:41
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2016 at 14:06
Natalie Cole, R.I.P.
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2016 at 14:17
Totally shocked by Natalie Cole's death......This is insane at who we have lost. Man, she was so great that voice is so impeccable....Gonna have to spin some Natalie Cole today
CryCry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 117>