Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 117>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 15:11
2016 isn't the summit.  It's going to get worse my friends....christ, just think about the artists, musicians, and actors who are still living into their 60-80s now.  No, it's going to get worse. 

I watched interviews with Joni, Grace, Stills, and others lately....they look so old.  I fear 2016 is but a prelude to the 60s and 70s gens passing. 
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 15:34
70-year old people dying?! Nonsense!

TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 16:01
The baby boomers are getting old and there's no doubt about that. 
Drugs and alcohol have always been a part of the entertainment industry lifestyle.
Those who partied hard in their youth (and later) are going to have health issues when they get older.
Carrie Fisher had substance abuse problems for most of her life and she was part of the John Belushi
party crowd back in the day. 
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 16:51
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Drummer Alphonse Mouzon RIP
Damn! Him too? Enough already!

RIP Alphonse. Cry
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 17:49
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Also, the sad news that Richard Adams has passed away, albeit at a grand old age.

I still love Watership Down.

2016 cannot end soon enough.

RIP.

If you were to tell me I would be profoundly affected by a book about rabbits, I would have told you to "silflay hraka". But Richard Adams' novel "Watership Down", an unlikely epic quest of a band of disillusioned rabbits, was one of the great fantasy books of the 1970s, and now Mr. Adams is gone. Granted, he was 96 years old, but this whole 2016 death pool thing has got me melancholy.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 19:25
I just picked up an Alphonse Johnson album today (Yesterday's Dreams) mistaking him for Alphonse Mouzon, then I come here and hear he's passed?  Alphonse was a gas.....he's a legend on the basis of his work on the Eleventh House albums alone.

Yeah, I understand the pop idols and guitar gods are hitting a certain age, but in 2016 they're all seem to be going before their time.....RIP Alphonse, sorry for mixing you up with the other Weather Report drummer (be well Alphonse Johnson).  
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 19:50
RIP Debbie Reynolds, mother of Carrie Fischer. What a freaking strrange and unsatisfying year this has been :{

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 22:30
^ Eerie--  at least she lived a long life.

Rest in peace to the Fisher Ladies, together again.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 22:34
This is very appropriate. Excuse my while i take a nap until next week Unhappy

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2016 at 12:51
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Eerie
Indeed.

RIP Debbie.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2016 at 17:05
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

2016 isn't the summit.  It's going to get worse my friends....christ, just think about the artists, musicians, and actors who are still living into their 60-80s now.  No, it's going to get worse. 

I watched interviews with Joni, Grace, Stills, and others lately....they look so old.  I fear 2016 is but a prelude to the 60s and 70s gens passing. 

Very true, although for me the shock of 2016 has been the surprise deaths. It seems there were way more than usual and much younger than expected. Although look at Zsa Zsa Gabor, 99 yrs old at her time of passing...You go girl!! Other than probably a social drinker at the many parties she attended in her life, I don't think she got into drugs at anytime...I could be wrong.

Clapton is another one that is looking rather fragile......and we know the volume of drugs he did.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 05:37
2016 played its last chord... William Christopher, an actor known from M*A*S*H, died yesterday of cancer. He was 84.

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/15/35/14/z21190933Q,William-Christopher.jpg

R.I.P.

Edited by Tuzvihar - January 01 2017 at 05:37
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 10:40
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

2016 played its last chord... William Christopher, an actor known from M*A*S*H, died yesterday of cancer. He was 84.

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/15/35/14/z21190933Q,William-Christopher.jpg

R.I.P.

A good age, but still sad. I used to love M.A.S.H.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 11:35
RIP
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 14:07
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Drummer Alphonse Mouzon RIP
I was out of town Christmas and just saw your post.  I am devastated.  I loved the Eleventh House (Larry Coryell) and at the height of their success he (Mouzon) was in that rare class of drummers (Billy Cobham, Lenny White, etc.).  R.I.P.

ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2017 at 12:46
RIP William Onyeabor, a splendid Nigerian funk musician as well as the pioneer of synthesizers in Africa. Cry

Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2017 at 13:19
^ RIP

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2017 at 17:55
rip  

Miguel Ferrer  

of Crossing Jordan, Twin Peaks, NCIS, Star Treck and Thunder Cats fame

(February 7, 1955 – January 19, 2017) was an American actor and voice actor mostly known for villainous roles, notably Bob Morton, the designer of the title character in RoboCop. He also voiced the antagonistic Hun leader Shan Yu in Mulan (1998) and Big Boss in Rio 2. Ferrer's other notable roles include Dr. Garret Macy on Crossing Jordan, NCIS Assistant Director Owen Granger on NCIS: Los Angeles, Vice President Rodriguez in Iron Man 3, and FBI forensic pathologist Albert Rosenfield in Twin Peaks.

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2017 at 15:13
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2017 at 16:53
Miguel Ferrer got quite a voice
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 117>