Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 117>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 00:20
RIP Jonathan Demme director of the Scilent of the Lambs, Philladelphia

Edited by Icarium - April 27 2017 at 08:59
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2017 at 14:49
RIP Clive Brooks of Egg & Groundhogs.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2017 at 18:36
What a terrible loss. Clive Brooks is probably one of my favorite drummers of all time. His playing on the three amazing Egg albums is out of this world. Rest in peace, master.
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2017 at 20:47
Wow! I literally just listened to Civil Service today and didn't even know! RIP

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2017 at 22:30
I was connected with Clive on Linkedin. In a chat a couple of years ago he told me that Dave Stewart had enough material for a new album but they didn't have money to fund it and they were now living too far away from each other so they weren't going to record anything. Just yesterday I was thinking to share some Egg work to my contact on that platform. I have done it with other artists, recently: the last are Colin Tench and Julian Julien. It's a tragic coincidence that I was thinking to him while he was passing away.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 18:48
Shock news to me. R.I.P. CB. Outstanding drummer. I'm sure he was Nick Mason's drum tech (or was that a different Clive Brooks ?).

Edited by Tom Ozric - May 06 2017 at 18:49
DeadSouls View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadSouls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 19:28
R.I.P. CB
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 19:47
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Shock news to me. R.I.P. CB. Outstanding drummer. I'm sure he was Nick Mason's drum tech (or was that a different Clive Brooks ?).

Same guy
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 15:07
Sad news; a great drummer. RIP

Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 14:52
Geoffrey Bayledon, actor, died today aged 93. RIP. Not anything to do with music but anyone who remembers Catweazle from their youth will understand.
geoffrey-bayldon.jpg

AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 02:23
Chris Cornell dead at 52.

R.I.P.
And looking forward to having DJ's suddenly discover how much they loved "Black Hole Sun" at the time!
I always meant to see what Soundgarden were all about but never got round to it.
I'm surprised at this death.

R.I.P. Chris Cornell
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 02:51
^ What?! Cry
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 02:55
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Geoffrey Bayledon, actor, died today aged 93. RIP. Not anything to do with music but anyone who remembers Catweazle from their youth will understand.

I do indeed. I liked it back in the days when I was 12. Nothing to do with music, but somehow he makes me think of Ian Anderson, who is - fortunately - still with us. RIP.

Edited by someone_else - May 18 2017 at 02:56
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 03:20
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

^ What?! Cry

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q="Chris+Cornell"
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 04:36
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

Chris Cornell dead at 52.

R.I.P.
And looking forward to having DJ's suddenly discover how much they loved "Black Hole Sun" at the time!
I always meant to see what Soundgarden were all about but never got round to it.
I'm surprised at this death.

R.I.P. Chris Cornell

This really sucks 
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 06:20
They were here in Detroit last night.  I was at the Tigers' game right across the street from where Soundgarden were playing.  I commented before the game that I would have liked to have seen them.  I've never seen any of the grunge bands live, but they were popular in my college days.  Just another reminder that sometimes you just have to see the bands while you can because you just never know when it will be their last show. 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 07:00
I just heard that Chris Cornell passed away. Sad news. I liked Soundgarden a lot. 

As a side note and I'm not sure how many people on here know this but his brother Peter was the singer for a prog band back in the early 2000's called Somnambulist.

Anyway, I always liked the down on the upside album. I know it's not considered to be their best but it's the only one I know. I also have an audioslave cd somewhere that I should play if I can find it. RIP Chris.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 08:16
RIP Chris Cornell, sad day here in Seattle!! One of the best bands of the 90's without a doubt....I have always enjoyed their sound and his singing.
To think he too was born in 1964 and is now dead. I cannot imagine, other than an accident, me dying suddenly!!??
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 08:18
That's sad. Cornell had a tremendous voice. I saw Soundgarden back 25+ years ago playing in a college gymnasium. They did a cover of Spinal Taps Big Bottom. I really liked his last solo album "Higher Truth."
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2017 at 08:29
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

RIP Jonathan Demme director of the Scilent of the Lambs, Philladelphia
I totally missed this one. Silence of The lambs and Philadelphia. Two of the best movies ever. RIP.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 117>