Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 117>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2017 at 15:18
Not a lot of you folks will be familiar with this guy.  I just found out about his passing May 1 this year.  Bruce Hampton aka Colonel Hampton B. Coles, Retired.  For those who are curious here's the Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Hampton

Edited by Logan - October 14 2017 at 11:48
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2017 at 04:21
^surrealistic even in death!
Zeptember View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeptember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 04:41
YIKES
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2017 at 08:25
Gord Downie from the Tragically Hip passed away last night.  http://www.freep.com/story/life/music/2017/10/18/tragically-hip-singer-gord-downie-dies-53/775166001/   RIP

The Tragically Hip are a pretty good band that kind of lived on the jam band fringes of prog. 
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2017 at 14:41
So sad to hear about Gordy. They were a great band, and an insanely great live act. I would put their concert I saw a couple of years ago at The Moore in Seattle as one of the best live acts I've ever seen. His stage presence reminds me of Ian Anderson. Just a crazy man out there entertaining people with music and theatrics.
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2017 at 23:34
George Young, member of the Easybeats, record producer, songwriter and Aussie rock legend died yesterday (Oct 23) at the age of 70.

George was the older brother of Angus and Malcolm Young (AC/DC) and was instrumental in the formation of AC/DC and produced their early recordings.

He was also one half of the late 70s early 80s duo "Flash and The Pan" with Harry Vanda. They wrote many hits together with the Easybeats, Flash and The Pan as well as the international hit "Love is in the Air" by John-Paul Young.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/acdc-musician-george-young-dead-at-70-20171023-gz6f8n.html

AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 09:51
R.I.P. Fats Domino.

http://news.sky.com/story/fats-domino-rocknroll-pioneer-dies-at-89-11098123

Now who of that guard is left?
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 11:33
Cry
Guigo

~~~~~~
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 20:13
^ Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis and Paul Anka

Edited by Icarium - October 25 2017 at 20:14
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2017 at 15:30
Yeah, I just heard about Fats Domino. RIP.

I wonder what song Cheap Trick will play at their next concert to honor him. ;)
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2017 at 18:40
A'int that a Shame!  Thanks Fats for the music and the influences into the music world, see you on Blueberry Hill...

RIP
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 13:24
Luiz Bacalov is gone,. Other than some famous movie sountracks, he's on PA for the New Trolls "Concerto Grosso". 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kotro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 02:15
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Luiz Bacalov is gone,. Other than some famous movie sountracks, he's on PA for the New Trolls "Concerto Grosso". 

And Rovescio Della Medaglia, and Osanna. Cry
Bigger on the inside.
Stool Man View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stool Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 07:17
DikMik
rotten hound of the burnie crew
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 06:33
R. I. P. Malcolm Young.
AC/DC couldn't have a better songwriter or rhythm guitarist.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 06:52
rip Malcom Young, supreme rythem guitarist and song maker
DeadSouls View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadSouls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 06:56
R.I.P.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 14:26
Sad news on Malcolm. although given his disease it is probably a blessing.  Dementia is tough on everyone around you.  If I am not mistaken, his brother George also passed away sometime in the past couple of weeks.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 16:27
Oh that hits hard.   Heart of the band...and what a band.

Image result for malcolm young

Image result for malcolm young

Edited by Atavachron - November 18 2017 at 16:31
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 01:51
Singer-songwriter and political prisoner Charles Manson dead at 83, R.I.P.

Edited by Vompatti - November 20 2017 at 01:52
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 117>