Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 117>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 10:44
Rest in Peace Hal Blaine, one of the highest calliber of drummers the buisness have seen. Working with all the greats from Sinatra, to Elvis, Beach Boys, and so many others whom helped define rock, jazz, and popular music in general

Blaine was a prolific session player and by his estimation played on over 35,000 recordings, including 6,000 singles.[5][9] He is widely regarded as one of the most in-demand drummers in rock and roll history, ha3ving "certainly played on more hit records than any drummer in the rock era".[10]

Edited by Icarium - March 12 2019 at 10:48
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 19:25
May you rest in grace and peace mr Dick Dale father of rock guitar and contributer to the sound of surfrock, hard rock tremollo picking and to huge influence in style of popular music as a preformance.

Dick Dale you can now rest assurly with a legacy no other can challange
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 21:12
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

May you rest in grace and peace mr Dick Dale father of rock guitar and contributer to the sound of surfrock, hard rock tremollo picking and to huge influence in style of popular music as a preformance.

Dick Dale you can now rest assurly with a legacy no other can challange

Yeah, he was one of the best guitarists for sure. RIP

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 15:32
RIP
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formentera Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 17:51
I know, it's been awhile, but I just heard of it today, so:
R.I.P. Jon Hiseman (* 21. Juni 1944 in Blackheath, London; † 12. Juni 2018 in Sutton, London)
He is one of my favourite drummers. I saw him on one of the last Colosseum tours. Maybe this one:

Edited by Formentera Lady - March 24 2019 at 18:03
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 04:46
R.I.P. Scott Walker

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/25/scott-walker-experimental-pop-hero-dies-aged-76
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 06:21
^Now I'm really bummed. An absolute genius. R.I.P. Scott.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 06:32
Gutted. His recent albums are a hard listen but I love his early solo albums, particularly the Brel album and "Jackie".
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 06:46
^ Agreed, the first 4 albums are unprecedented and still unsurpassed orchestral/chamber pop which continues to inspire and influence legions of musicians to this day. A tragic loss.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 19:13
First Mark Hollis and now Scott. The Drift was formative for me, although Scott 3 is my current favorite of his. RIP
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 11:18
I am not familiar with the UK indie band Her's, but read this article that the band members were killed in a car accident while on tour here in the US.  https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/29/uk/hers-uk-band-killed-us-crash-intl-scli-gbr/index.html.  I don't know how well-known they were, but I thought that I would share. RIP.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 13:23
^ Terrible, such young guys.   Rest in peace.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 17:40
On hes birthday i would like to honour Mike (Michael) Porcaro whom died all to early becouse of hes ALS desease. Sadness and loss is few words, quite feeble ways to describe the feel and passion you delivered with your bass.

Edited by Icarium - May 29 2019 at 17:54
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2019 at 15:54
R.I.P.  Leon Redbone.

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 00:50
RIP Roger Kynard "Roky" Erickson (July 15, 1947 – May 31, 2019)
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 01:34
13th Floor Elevators, one of my prized vinyl collection.  :(
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2019 at 22:54
RiP Dr John, a legend

hes first three albums are quite epic and psuæychadelic. And delightfully funky and that delta blues feel is so good.

Edited by Icarium - June 06 2019 at 23:24
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 02:55
mmmmhhh!!!!... Went unoticed two weeks ago in PAOuch, but Gary Duncan, one of the two fiery guitar cylinder of Quicksilver Messenger Service left us for greener pastures last June 29. Cry

Exactly 30 years and 30 days after the other cylinder John Cippolina

kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2019 at 21:35
Johnny Clegg, a pioneering South AFrican musician and leader of an interracial group Juluka in the pre apartheid era, has lost his battle with pancreatic cancer at 66.  Truly a musical hero.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2019 at 21:42
Really sad about Johnny Clegg.  Great musician, activist, and loved Juluka and Savuka.  Still have my vinyls of those.

Edited by Snicolette - July 17 2019 at 15:19
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 117>