Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArroway (France) for Post Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arroway (France) for Post Rock
    Posted: April 17 2013 at 06:01
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 10:01
I don't think this will take too long to be added.
It's definitely post-rock and it's not bad either.Thumbs Up
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 05:52

Arroway is a one-man post-rock band based in Paris. It started as a short experiment to create very noisy guitar-driven songs. It quickly evolved into a full time project, where Arroway aims at exploring melody-progression to the extreme, with a total freedom in terms of structure. We’re Too Small EP was composed between August and December 2012, and released on January 13th, 2013. It was recorded, mixed and mastered at home. The EP contains a bonus track made with Teej that has a more electro feeling. (from post-rock.ro)

Noises Sessions: All the songs were recorded through series of loops, live and in one take. Sound is in mono, and unedited, so overall quite raw. (from bandcamp)

So, a couple of self-released digital EPs/albums. Okay, we'll see if that's enough for the Post team.  
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 04:04
How long does this normally take? I've seen threads where it took months, and then the addition is being made anyway, and I want to see that happen here (of coarse I don't want to see it anywhere).
Is there any more news?
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 12:39
It all depends on evaluation team members' other commitments at the time in question. Sometimes a proposal can go through in a matter of a few days, at other times it may take months. It also depends on how 'clear cut' a case may be. Really obvious candidates can be cleared after just a single listen by sufficient members of the team, other caes may require repeated listens, & may ultimately involve a 'move' to another sub, in which case we have to start all over again!
I guess for the real answer to this question you have to google "how long is a piece of string?" Arroway themselves have not as yet been added to progfreak, nor any comment been left in the team thread after Chris dropped the suggestion in there on Friday. What we need to take into account here is that according to the progfreak charts, Post Rock have 55 'new' evaluations which still require votes to be cast, and 88 'cleared' artists who need to be added to the database. That appears to be a hell of a lot of work to plough through, but I'm a bit confused regarding the make up of the team at the moment, and the situation with regard to progfreak, so it may well be a totally distorted picture which looks far worse than it actually is. Alex (harmonium.ro) no longer appears to be active, yet still shows as a current member in the progfreak chart, whilst Tanner (The Truth), who joined the team around the beginning of the year, hasn't been set up to use it thus far, and it appears they are operating outside of progfreak for the time being at least, and all voting is being handled entirely within the team thread.
Chris or Andy will probably be able to explain the current situation far better than I can, though.
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 13:34
^ David,  I think your ''how long is a piece of string?'' sums up the situation pretty succinctly. 
@twseel: Please bear in mind that all the genre team members are unpaid volunteers who contribute to the site as and when they are able. We'll keep you posted here if there are any developments regarding this artist. Thanks for your patience. 
 Post Reply Post Reply