Topic ClosedThe UFO Phenomenon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2015 at 18:33
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Rick,
You believe then that the government does have real knowledge about ufos and aliens and those were attempts to 'disclose' this to the public..? What is your opinion on the whole ufo enigma?

Frankly, I do believe they have had this knowledge since decades ago, though we don't know yet up to which extent. And I believe too that it's just a matter of time, sooner or later the doubts about this endless enigma will be cleared, either by 'disclosures' or by the people's own 'discoveries'; as some of the nowadays modern technology accessibility is up to our fingertips, in a brief future it will be quite possible thrilling discoveries (directly or indirectly) related to UFOs made by people like you and me, in any place of the world.

Just as an illustration, one of these days my wife told me that on december 2014 Greenpeace activists would be extradited and brought to face their penal and civil responsibility for permanently damaging Peru's ancient Nazca Lines while installing a message touting renewable energy. As soon as I could I checked those headlines out and found some interesting links that afterwards directed me to the Google Earth's satellite images - it's astounding how you can see an even more numerous amount of incredibly large and intriguing graphical geoglyphs as you browse throughout that region past its borderlines. Tracking those satellite photos down (with proximity up to 50-100 meters) I found many of them made on the big rock formed parts of huge extent on the pre-andean plateau locations, not just on the well-known desertic lands where some of the 26 geoglyphs (which have a more defined shape) just some years ago were publicly announced. But what about those numerous hugely and precisely drawn line/geometric geoglyphs on the rock surfaces?? These 'drawings', even more surely, only can be done with today's brand new technology, but for whatever reason they were not yet diffused by the broadcasting news, however easy finding they are now, go figure that.

I'm kind of lazy to browse it again and copy-paste some of those thrilling photos here for people to have the "dimension" of what I'm talking about, but it is a lot better browsing them on Google Earth for themselves.

P.S.: The Nazca Lines are a series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert in southern Peru, created between 400 and 650 AD. They were designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994. The high and arid desert stretches more than 80 km (50 mi) between the towns of Nazca and Palpa on the Pampas de Jumana about 400 km south of Lima.

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB
Rick Robson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2015 at 18:35
A sighting of a ‘flying saucer’ by RAF Shackleton aircrew in Yorkshire during a NATO exercise made news headlines in September 1952. Details of the Topcliffe incident were circulated to Air Ministry intelligence in this message dated 20 September 1952. AIR 20 /7390:

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2015 at 20:54
Rick,
Thanks for the reply.
I am aware of the Nazca lines and read about them many years ago. I'm not convinced they had anything to do with space aliens but are far more likely to be ground drawings to their gods they believed in or simply artwork.
But I won't rule out any possibility.

I'm not aware of that specific military sighitng but the ufo books are full of various military sightings by pilots as well as ground based personnel.

I'm also not convinced that the govt has crashed saucers or dead aliens but I do believe they have many photos,  radar reports ,and other data regarding ufo/uap they have not shared with the public. Does it represent alien lifeforms? That's the ultimate question which remains unknown.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2015 at 12:49
Watched this documentary about the UFO investigator subculture in Britain that a Danish TV station aired last night and now has up on their website for streaming. It's rather sarcastic and sensationalistic in tone, giving much of the time to UFOlogists a level weirder than those I'm familiar with but it does give a spotlight to the subculture's more down-to-earth and reasonable sector in Mark Pilkington of Mirage Men fame.

Here's an interview with the guy who made it.
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 04:08
Time to resurrect this thread. I've found an interesting article about how the proliferation of drones is impacting our cultural understanding of UFOs, as strange-looking unmanned aircraft become commonplace and now are almost as standard an explanation of UFO sightings as those Thai hot air balloons.
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
Otto9999 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2015 at 15:23

Removed due to PA's deliberated act of deleting threads as alleged featuring negative behaviour posts towards others.

Edited by Otto9999 - October 31 2015 at 11:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2015 at 05:48
Looks like a new international UFO research program is going to launch in the new year. It appears to be based on the Norwegian project studying the mysterious lights in the Hessdalen Valley, which might represent a hitherto unknown meteorological or geological phenomenon, just applied to a global scale instead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526