Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgressive Electronic music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:38
The vid doesn't work for meOuch
Maybe it's because I live in Europe?

Anyway, I rather like to wait until the album comes out...and then listen to itLOL I guess I like surprises.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:41
It works for me. The bass is awesome Cool
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:45
Nope....still doesn't work.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:50
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:53
Thumbs Up
Thanks Samuel.

- Douglas Adams
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:55
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

It works for me. The bass is awesome Cool

Yeah! Chunky crazy bass!

^ It's on Soundcloud too: https://soundcloud.com/relapserecords/03-mission-creep

Beat me to it! It should work.
Imperial Zeppelin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 17:29
I think Prurient's latest album, Frozen Niagara Falls offers a bit of Progressive Electronic which are mostly buried under harsh noise and idustrial music and the screaming, but the influence is very clear on some tracks.

"Hey there, Dog Man, now I drink from your bowl."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 06:20

^ It's on Soundcloud too: https://soundcloud.com/relapserecords/03-mission-creep

Had a re-listen just because I can't wait for the release of this albumEmbarrassed and must say that it's a treat to hear Anthony Paterra behind the drum-kit yet again. He sounds like a modern Neil Peart doing Krautrock beats.

- Douglas Adams
aliano View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 10:51
This is my favorite prog elec piece of past year.I want more music like this!

Planning to get the new Arc album:http://www.din.org.uk/din/node/499
Demo sounds great!

Edited by aliano - September 16 2015 at 11:01
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 11:02
Some of each on this list: Eno, Harold Budd, Fripp & Eno, and TD. I haven't gone far in that subgenre. And I'm very selective.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - September 16 2015 at 11:03
thebeastmustdie View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 12:21
T-Power has made his 1995 ambient prog-jungle/dnb classic 'Self Evident Truth Of An Intuitive Mind' available on bandcamp
well worth a listen

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 12:41
Originally posted by aliano aliano wrote:

Planning to get the new Arc album: http://www.din.org.uk/din/node/499

Thumbs Up
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2015 at 13:28
EDGAR & JEROME FROESE: "FINAL MOVEMENT"

INFO:

This track marks the last official cooperation of Jerome & Edgar Froese in September 2013. Now, almost eight months after the death of Edgar Froese, Jerome has decided to make this piece of music available to the public for free (or donation). The tune itself combines all musical trademarks by the Froeses embedded in their own universe. Don't miss this unique final statement by a family band lineup which got seven Grammy nominations in a row.

credits

released 20 September 2015 < ="20150920" itemprop="datePublished">
Edgar Froese: Sequencing & Keys

Jerome Froese: Guitar Sequencing, Guitar FX,
Rhythm & Lead Guitars, Programming

Cover photo taken from the Monique Froese archive
(Meanwhile in personal property of Jerome Froese)

https://jeromefroese.bandcamp.com/track/final-movement
The Tree View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 12:34
Aphex Twin , and I would even dare to say that some Daft Punk has some prog influence .
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 11:24
Mentioned in another thread:
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 11:32
^ I love his music and I don't think he's a clone, his music has its own identity.
I got his latest album, Virtual Future, last week. It's not as good as his previous albums but it's quite good.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 12:21

^ I love his music and I don't think he's a clone, his music has its own identity.
I got his latest album, Virtual Future, last week. It's not as good as his previous albums but it's quite good.
I agree with all. Really like his new album as well - perhaps better than you do but Progressive Electronic doesn't get much better than Green Ray or In Course of Time  
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 12:25
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

This thread needs to be bumped (so does the Tangerine Dream thread), and I'll use the opportunity to pass along the word that a new CD reissue of Catspaw, the 1986 album by the US progressive electronic duo Emerald Web (1979-1990), was released this month.

Catpsaw is one of Emerald Web's softer albums, but great music nonetheless. If you enjoy albums like Tangerine Dream's Optical Race and Eddie Jobson's Theme of Secrets, this belongs in your collection. What's really cool about the reissue are the five early '80s bonus tracks, all of which have a different, darker flavor. Emerald Web had a very unique sound, with their synthesizers and sequencers complemented by an array of flutes and Lyricon wind synthesizer (and on certain albums, electric guitar and guitar synthesizer).

Listen to the entire album at this link (you can also order it there, directly from the label):

Dragon Wings and Wizard Tales was one of their most unique releases. The electronics swirled around real instruments playing the parts. Kat's voice was sweet, airy, melodic, and dark. The combination of flute soloing, acoustic guitar strumming, and a real drummer created the sound of an early, but lost.. King Crimson album. This album comes across more like a Progressive Rock band than a electronic duo. ...yet the two are evenly combined overall. The whole album has a strange flow to it. It's not as if you could immediately describe what you feel from it on the first listen. This album grows on you over weeks of occasional listening. It is dark and visits the subject ...or reflection of the underworld. There are many things about the album that do not rise to the surface immediately...and even after the 3rd or 4th listen. It is very mysterious and invokes something into the imagination. So from my observation, it may not invoke a spirit, but it invokes  something within the listener...like a channeling..if you believe in that sort of experience. It may just be observed  through trickery of the mind rather than some sort of supernatural experience. The music is playing and if affects your mind/mood swing....well whatever?. Interesting album
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 18:27
Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

Dragon Wings and Wizard Tales was one of their most unique releases. The electronics swirled around real instruments playing the parts. Kat's voice was sweet, airy, melodic, and dark. The combination of flute soloing, acoustic guitar strumming, and a real drummer created the sound of an early, but lost.. King Crimson album. This album comes across more like a Progressive Rock band than a electronic duo. ...yet the two are evenly combined overall. The whole album has a strange flow to it. It's not as if you could immediately describe what you feel from it on the first listen. This album grows on you over weeks of occasional listening. It is dark and visits the subject ...or reflection of the underworld. There are many things about the album that do not rise to the surface immediately...and even after the 3rd or 4th listen. It is very mysterious and invokes something into the imagination. So from my observation, it may not invoke a spirit, but it invokes  something within the listener...like a channeling..if you believe in that sort of experience. It may just be observed  through trickery of the mind rather than some sort of supernatural experience. The music is playing and if affects your mind/mood swing....well whatever?. Interesting album

It's no coincidence, either. The Stargate Tapes contains extensive liner notes that detail the beginnings of Emerald Web. The other players on the album comprised, along with Kat and Bob, the prog rock band from which Emerald Web evolved. So essentially, DW&WT is simultaneously the one and only album by that band and the first album by Emerald Web, which from that point forward would consist of Kat Epple and Bob Stohl.

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 18:45
Bucharest's INDRA Special Edition – Tantric Celebration (12 CDs), inspired by 'Ten Great Cosmic Powers', 'the misterious consciousness of Bhairava' and 'The Divine Absolute', is a sumptuous presentation of the Berlin School style.

Edited by Svetonio - October 05 2015 at 18:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>