16 [13.91%]
2 [1.74%]
4 [3.48%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "M" Prog Albums
    Posted: April 27 2013 at 12:24
Here's another alphabetical prog album list, this time albums beginning with the letter "M".  The first conflict that arises is between the 2 classic 1970's Camel albums.  Then some big name prog classics step up with "Minstrel" taking on "Moving Pictures" & "Meddle".  Finally you have the Beatles album which includes the great songs "Strawberry Fields" and "I am the Walrus".

Remember this is a multiple poll so vote for all your favorites!

Have fun...

This concludes the first round of my "Prog Albums" poll.  Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to vote and post on the 16 separate groups of albums.  Keep an eye open for round two of the series appearing early next week LOL
I'm using the chicken to measure it.
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 12:26
Meddle
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 12:43
Mirage
Wanorak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wanorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 13:24
Minstrel in the Gallery, followed by Mental Notes, Masque and Magical Mystery Tour.
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!
otto pankrock View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote otto pankrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 14:03
Minstrel in the Gallery
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 14:42
Jethro Tull - Minstrel in the Gallery
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 14:55
1. The minstrel in the gallery who smiled down upon the smiling faces, observed the spaces between the old man's cackle.
2. Moonmadness
3. Metal Fatigue
4. Meddle
5. Mirage
6. Moving Pictures
7. Magical Mystery Tour
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
The-time-is-now View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The-time-is-now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 15:26
1. Camel - Mirage
2. Pink Floyd - Meddle
3. Camel - Moonmadness
4. Minstrel in the gallery

E nei tuoi sogni
Parli con gli angeli.
- Le Orme.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 15:47
Other-Triumvirat-Mediterranean Tales

runner up Wallenstein-Mother Universe
"and what music unites, man should not take apart"--Helmut Koellen                               
Hercules View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 15:48
Moonmadness, Mirage, Moving Waves, Meddle and Moving Pictures, in that order. All brilliant albums.
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 15:52
1. Mirage
2. Minstrel in the Gallery
3. Maxophone
4. Masque
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 16:19
MM...
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
The Mystical View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Mystical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 17:51
Mirage. So many memories of eating curry.
I am currently digging:

Hawkwind, Rare Bird, Gong, Tangerine Dream, Khan, Iron Butterfly, and all things canterbury and hard-psych. I also love jazz!

Please drop me a message with album suggestions.
Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neo-Romantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 17:53

Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From a Memory.

Any particular reason Dream Theater has been conspicuously absent from these polls? Wink

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 17:58
Meddle above the two Moving ones.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 18:24
Originally posted by Neo-Romantic

Any particular reason Dream Theater has been conspicuously absent from these polls? Wink

Never really got into the prog metal scene.  I didn't like Operation Mindcrime and tried albums from Crimson Glory & Fates Warning but didn't like them either...that turned me off from further exploration there.  Saw a prog metal TV documentary and they mentioned Mastadon has some Crimso-ish moments so I recently got Leviathan and am still working with it...
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Post/Math Rock Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 18:41
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King

Originally posted by Neo-Romantic

Never really got into the prog metal scene.  I didn't like Operation Mindcrime and tried albums from Crimson Glory & Fates Warning but didn't like them either...that turned me off from further exploration there.  Saw a prog metal TV documentary and they mentioned Mastadon has some Crimso-ish moments so I recently got Leviathan and am still working with it...

I would open a prog metal recommendation thread. You might find some good prog metal. I promise there is hope after disliking DT. 
irrelevant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 18:55
Giving Split Enz a well-deserved vote. Other choices are Moonmadness and Moving Waves. 
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 19:15
Originally posted by irrelevant

Giving Split Enz a well-deserved vote. Other choices are Moonmadness and Moving Waves. 

Ya, almost nobody knows that before Split Enz became MTV favorites in the 80's they released a prog concept album in '76.  Definitely a hidden treasure.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 19:22
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King

Originally posted by irrelevant

Ya, almost nobody knows that before Split Enz became MTV favorites in the 80's they released a prog concept album in '76.  Definitely a hidden treasure.

Pretty non-commercial, far-out stuff too! A hidden treasure it certainly is. Big smile 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>