Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAoria - Post Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aoria - Post Rock
    Posted: April 27 2013 at 20:40
"http://www.facebook.com/aoriaband
Aoria is a Swedish progressive rock band with influences from the post-rock genre.

In July 2011, after four years of silence, members Erik Nilsson and Robin Bergh began recording Aoria’s debut album The Constant, accompanied by Niklas Sandin (Katatonia) on bass. The album was released October 10th 2012.

Aoria was initially formed 2003 in Stockholm, Sweden, coming from a line of many band constellations. Band members Erik Nilsson, Erik Bäckström and Robert Hedman had previously released their demo Without You I’m Alive as the band Drive. Shortly after, Andreas Lindström and Sofia Dahl joined the band, and they released two self-produced demos How the end will come and If I Slow Down Everything Will Disappear as Aoria.

In 2006 Robin Bergh replaced Sofia on drums, and they recorded I Know You Came Here To Erase Me. The demo was mixed by David Castillo (OpethKatatoniaBloodbath) and was to be the final recording before a full-length album. After its completion in early 2007, the band decided to take a break and the plans for the full-length album was postponed.

In 2011 Erik Nilsson and Robin Bergh decided to pick up where the band had left off and started recording the debut album.

Erik Nilsson is also a band member of A Swarm of the Sun and Kausal, while running the independent record label Version Studio. Robin Bergh is also a band member of October Tide.

www.aoria.com"

Been listening to these guys for a while, and I have finally decided to bring them to your attention. Unfortunate that only one official release has come about after so many years together, but more is on the way, thankfully, and the three demos are just as polished as the debut.

Floyd Steely View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 09:51
"The Constant" was one of my top five albums of 2012. YES, they absolutely belong here! Personally, I would categorize Aoria as Heavy Prog, given their similarity to earlier Swedish bands like Anekdoten and Liquid Scarlet.
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 16:23
I was going to suggest Heavy Prog, but they refer to themselves as 'post-rock,' so I went with that.
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 18:33
Added to the Post-Rock charts.
Magma America Great Make Again
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 20:31
Awesome, glad to hear it!
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 07:49
Great band, and certainly progressive. Sounds more post-metal (doom / black) in places to me than post-rock and its certainly had lots of great feedback off metal sites recently. More and more bands of a metal persuation seem to be tagging themselves as prog rock. Perhaps it sounds more arty? Wink.
 Post Reply Post Reply