Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSuperstitious with your prog ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 23:37
I don't listen Genesis studio albums with less than 4 members...It's bad luck

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 21:09
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Not particularly, but I once crashed my car while listening to ItCotCK. But I solved that problem, I sold my car.

I crashed my car while listening to FATES WARNING's STILL REMAINS.
Car was a write off. Solved that problem. Lol
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 22:28

Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

I don't listen Genesis studio albums with less than 4 members...It's bad luck

Pretty unpleasant too LOL

JCDenton View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2013 at 15:14
Only real superstition is that significant moments (returning home from a long trip, graduating school) will become empty memories later on if 'As Sure as Eggs Is Eggs' from "Supper's Ready" isn't playing in my head.
"We have grown, but there is still much to be done. Many that live in darkness that must be shown the way, for it is the dawning of a new day."
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 15:20
Not really. Just try not to listen to a good thing too much or often. Want it to sound fresh the next time.
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 04:43
I insist on the 13th Floor Elevators while looking for love in an elevator. If a hotel is missing it's 13th floor, an aisle missing row 13, a seat missing it's 13th repository. I suggest that if someone has made such an elementary numerical error, what worse things have not been considered? (Think Van Halen's M &Ms).

This is fun. I always ask for my oxygen when boarding a flight craft. Ultimate natural high that requires no effort. Yet worries others. Very punk rock. Where was I?

Oh, yes 13. Anyone suspicious of this number (and announces it) I'll tell 'em I'll compensate by playing the new Sabbath album. In their honour.

Or  Triskakaphobie by Present. (Fear of the number 13).

I Ain't Superstitious by Howlin' Wolf and / or the Jeff Beck Group.

Superstition by S. Wonder always perks me up. Anything for a laugh and irrationality is good.

Music played while something significant and possibly dangerous is going down.... well, on Sept 11 2001 just before the 2nd plane went into the towers I had been listening to Burning The Hard City by Djam Karet. But that was probably a coincidence. Since then I have been in tall buildings and have listened to that album. Lightning did not strike twice. Well, not me anyway,

I have yet to test the Scottish play out on actors as per that Blackadder episode. There's time yet, I'm sure.

ebil0505 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2014 at 17:35
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I never listen to Prog when there is a "Q" in the month. Listening to Genesis causes amnesia. I have never listened to ELP while wearing the full military dress uniform of the Greek Army (cira. 2356BCE) or any Jethro Tull during a Sealed Knot reenactment of the Battle of Basing House (October 13, 1645 @ 3.17 pm, moved to the scout hut if raining). I have not played Three Friends when stepping on cracks in the pavement, or Three Of A Perfect Pair while walking under ladders, or Three Cheers For The Broken Hearted when opening an umbrella indoors, however since bad things happen in threes just to be safe I've not played Three Sides Live while breaking a mirror. Listening to Genesis causes amnesia. I am of the firm belief that liking Kansas does not cause hives but I'm taking no chances just in case I'm wrong (touch wood). I suspect that listening to Clutching At Straws when you are clutching at straws would be foolhardy or wise or both or neither but would be nothing more than clutching at straws. Even if you pay me I will not listen to Barclay James Harvest's Octoberon all the way through. Playing track five from John Cale's Paris 1919 album during a Dream Theaer performance is unlucky. I once purchased a Magma album and survived, but I have not ridden a horse since that day. I strongly believe it is extremely unlucky to review an album until you've heard it at least once. Listening to Genesis causes amnesia. I broke my arm falling off my motorcycle while riding to college one morning in 1978 and a mere 29 years later I ordered Phideaux's Doomsday Afternoon from Amazon and didn't like it one bit - that cannot be a coincidence... stranger things are at play than can be dreamt of in Heaven and Earth, or things in your philosophy Horatio (to paraphrase Kismet Hardy), messing with retroactive power like that is beyond our understanding or belief... I think playing all Flower Kings albums simultaenously would probably result in you never being born at all ... the last person to attempt this is standing right he- well he was here a minute ag- who? What? I would advise anyone against going swimming until at least one hour after listening to Pawn Hearts and saying the title of Yes's fifth album in reverse word-order will summon the devil (but he won't turn up owing to a prior engagement). Listening to Genesis causes déjà vu.

This was so entertaining
"I like to think oysters transcend national barriers." - Roger Waters
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 16:20
Originally posted by ebil0505 ebil0505 wrote:

Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I never listen to Prog when there is a "Q" in the month. Listening to Genesis causes amnesia. I have never listened to ELP while wearing the full military dress uniform of the Greek Army (cira. 2356BCE) or any Jethro Tull during a Sealed Knot reenactment of the Battle of Basing House (October 13, 1645 @ 3.17 pm, moved to the scout hut if raining). I have not played Three Friends when stepping on cracks in the pavement, or Three Of A Perfect Pair while walking under ladders, or Three Cheers For The Broken Hearted when opening an umbrella indoors, however since bad things happen in threes just to be safe I've not played Three Sides Live while breaking a mirror. Listening to Genesis causes amnesia. I am of the firm belief that liking Kansas does not cause hives but I'm taking no chances just in case I'm wrong (touch wood). I suspect that listening to Clutching At Straws when you are clutching at straws would be foolhardy or wise or both or neither but would be nothing more than clutching at straws. Even if you pay me I will not listen to Barclay James Harvest's Octoberon all the way through. Playing track five from John Cale's Paris 1919 album during a Dream Theaer performance is unlucky. I once purchased a Magma album and survived, but I have not ridden a horse since that day. I strongly believe it is extremely unlucky to review an album until you've heard it at least once. Listening to Genesis causes amnesia. I broke my arm falling off my motorcycle while riding to college one morning in 1978 and a mere 29 years later I ordered Phideaux's Doomsday Afternoon from Amazon and didn't like it one bit - that cannot be a coincidence... stranger things are at play than can be dreamt of in Heaven and Earth, or things in your philosophy Horatio (to paraphrase Kismet Hardy), messing with retroactive power like that is beyond our understanding or belief... I think playing all Flower Kings albums simultaenously would probably result in you never being born at all ... the last person to attempt this is standing right he- well he was here a minute ag- who? What? I would advise anyone against going swimming until at least one hour after listening to Pawn Hearts and saying the title of Yes's fifth album in reverse word-order will summon the devil (but he won't turn up owing to a prior engagement). Listening to Genesis causes déjà vu.

This was so entertaining

Yes. This was one of the better responses of 2013. I recall one of my sides splitting open.
:)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 06:29
I, on the other hand, am Fortean about my progressive rock.
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
Kentucky_Hawkwindage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 09:20
I don't listen to the Hawkwind song High Rise-something about that song is troubling to me.The rest of PXR5 i enjoy.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 18:01
I never drive while Peter Hammill is singing....

Oh wait, I never listen to Peter Hammill singing.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345