Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWitness to the Reform (U.K.) for Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mydai329 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Witness to the Reform (U.K.) for Crossover
    Posted: July 16 2013 at 10:13
The content of the first EP's, agreed is classic alternative rock with just the odd tip of the hat to  prog side. But in reflection the songs were chosen to try and improve a fan base while still in relative infancy and so the more "easy to listen to" songs were chosen. Yes I know that borders on selling out but, I promise you other songs in the repertoire although not out and out hard core prog, they do stick in the category albeit the top end of it. I think you will agree though 16:9 shows how the band have progressed in the songwriting and musicianship....... totally baised of course.Smile
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 08:39
^ Agreed. Good old fashioned rock 'n' roll but I'm not hearing much prog. Might be worth checking on any future releases by the band though.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 07:38
The band is actually called 'Witness To The Reform', a traditional three-piece outfit from Wales, and their latest EP is called 16:9, so perhaps you could alter the topic title Sve. Embarrassed

They describe themselves as a prog rock band, but I'm struggling to hear much prog in their material to be honest. This is the most info I coud find about them - from their only YouTube upload:

"Witness to the Reform stem from the cauldron of Welsh Rock in the heart of the South Wales Valleys. Craig Wallace on vocals and guitars, Jason Clarke on Drums and Dave Griffiths on Bass Guitar and backing vocals. Formed only last year (2009) their haunting progressive rock style produces a dark toned feel to most of the tunes, this being most evident in their "unwanted child" composition "MISPLACED".

Their Lyrics penned by their bass player Dave Griffiths, and tunes composed mostly by Craig Wallace, they still maintain they write their songs as "a band". Although most of the subject matter is of an umbrish emotional tone, the band show their almost satirical side with numbers like "BUNGLE", a snipe at the reality TV genre and its hoard of fans. They have also given their own twist to the 80's electro-anthem "SWEET DREAMS" transforming the original into a product of their own style and dark sound."

http://www.myspace.com/witnesstothereform

Influences:
Muse, The Who, Marillion, Iron Maiden, Rush, Yes, Nirvana
I'm just hearing an Alternative/Hard Rock band here to be perfectly honest, but let's wait for some other opinions before coming to a definite conclusion. Embarrassed

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 23:00
 Post Reply Post Reply