Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNektar To Tour The US Summer 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nektar To Tour The US Summer 2013
    Posted: June 20 2013 at 09:40
Another prog band hits Cleveland gives the finger to Detroit and heads over to Chicago (in this case Milwaukee). Too bad too. They could stop in Detroit for my birthday on their way to Milwaukee.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2013 at 09:36
Gig on Sunday - looking forward to this, although it's sad that 'Mo' isn't part of the band (Sherwood is no slouch, I suppose). Hope it's gonna be good. The remnants of Wishbone Ash will also be playing but I don't know what to expect there.
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 00:13
I'll be going to the Sellersville show. Nektar will be playing with Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash. If anyone wants to meet up send me a pm. Smile

Edited by Prog_Traveller - June 10 2013 at 00:16
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 00:29
Plan on attending the Pittsburgh show on the 21st. Anyone have any idea what will be on the set list?

Time always wins.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 21:24
Tom, if you're lucky enough to go, give 'em hell for me over that recent covers album!

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 21:09
Where abouts is 'B.B. King's' ??  I will be in NYC at that time, would be cool to catch this Nektar gig.....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 14:53
Originally posted by Progosopher Progosopher wrote:

If their record company is in Los Angeles, then why aren't they playing the west coast?

+1
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 14:40
Originally posted by Progosopher Progosopher wrote:

If their record company is in Los Angeles, then why aren't they playing the west coast?
There are times, when the West Coast really stinx, and is way too top ten and "star" oriented for a lot of bands and other music to make it this far. On top of it, because of the "star" and movie thing, around here there are three movie plexes with a total of 30 screens and they are playing exactly 5 films in all of them ... which tells you that there is little public interest for a lot of different things, and in this area, it is all about pulling in as much money as possible on those big "things" and "movies" ... and leaves people left with not enough for anything else ... !!!

A lot of the progressive bands, get left behind because of it, and there even is not (anymore) a progressive music festival, as the one just south in Mexico stopped for a few years, and I know Sean Ahearn took a massive wash in 1999 and pretty much went off the scene of progressive, broke and sad, with such an incredible effort he put on Gong, to bring them here in the first place!

Places like Seattle and Vancouver BC, are not any better ... and I'm not sure what is the right thing to do or say anymore, other than strengthen the discussion over "progressive" music, and hope that it spreads out even more.

The West Coast will never see a Peter Hammill, for example. And today's stuff is not quite financed like it was before, so most bands have to do it on their own ... and I can tell you that Berbatti's Pan in Portland doesn't give a damn about the name of the band or how good or bad or useless or historical they are ... they just want their bar tab to get clear for each and every night ... the music is not important!

Here's to hoping that things improve, but each and every band having to look up and find a venue to play and get things signed ... is a night mare ... and most bands won't even bother!

The last part, and saddest of all, was seeing Damo Suzuki come through here and the small bar, listed him as some sort of psychedelic hero of a singer ... and in so many ways, that is so wrong and de-values the work itself! And I think it limits the number of new folks trying to understand and hear yesterday's music ... look, just because it ain't metal, it doesn't mean it ain't Mozart, or Beethoven! It likely will be someday because it is so different fro the mainstream stuff!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 20:40
As per the US tour dates on June 20 ...

... Chantilly is in WV since when? Do elaborate :)

Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 19:10
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 17:17
Heh heh, I'm wearing my Nektar t-shirt from when they came by Atlanta on the Evolution tour. Big smile  Shame they aren't scheduled to come back by.  Caravan opened for them back then.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

glassonyonpr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 16:21
For Immediate Release

UK Prog Legends Nektar To Tour The US Summer 2013!

London, UK – One of the summer’s most highly anticipated tours, “Legends of U.K. Classic Rock”, will feature progressive rock legends Nektar, beginning in June 2013. After a bit of an absence from U.S. Stages, Nektar is sure to be a treat for concert-goers who will be fortunate enough to catch one of the shows!

Nektar founding member Roye Albrighton (guitars/lead vocals) says, “We can promise you high quality performances wherever we play. I know I speak on behalf of the band when I say we are all looking forward to it.”

Nektar, featuring Albrighton, founding drummer Ron Howden, keyboardist Klaus Hentasch and bassist Lux Vibratus, is British, but was formed in Hamburg, Germany in 1970. Their early albums featured a heady, exhilarating mix of progressive, experimental rock sounds that soon caught on worldwide at the height of the international prog-rock boom. Touring the world behind numerous album releases throughout the ‘70s & ‘80s helped to cement the band’s reputation as an influential prog-rock legend. Having undergone a variety of personnel changes over the past decade or so, the band now boasts its strongest lineup in years and is ready to prove so yet again to its many fans throughout North America. In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the original release date of the band’s classic album, Remember the Future, Nektar is looking to perform in its entirety this most heralded release from its vast catalog, a rarity in that the band has not performed the entire album live in years.

Nektar’s new album, Time Machine, featuring the band’s first album of new original material in several years, will be released on Cleopatra Records on June 18.

Nektar Tour Dates:

June 20 – Chantilly, WV – Sully's
June 21 – Pittsburgh, PA – Altar Bar
June 22 – Sellersville, PA – Sellersville Theatre
June 23 – New York City – B.B. King’s
June 26 – Cleveland, OH – The Winchester Music Hall
June 28 – Milwaukee, WI – Shank Hall
June 29 – Lincolnshire, IL – Viper Alley
June 30 – Minneapolis, MN – Famous Dave’s Blues Club

For Further Information:

Nektar Press Inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158[email protected]

CLEOPATRA RECORDS, Inc.