Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSky Architects - Post-Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky Architects - Post-Rock
    Posted: May 08 2013 at 01:48
A few days ago, I ordered their CD of 2012 at my record shop in France. I really like this kind of music. Smile

Edited by PhideauxFan - May 08 2013 at 01:49
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 22:07
Thank you very much again, 7th Smile

Hahaha, sounds like it was quite a lengthy post, yam yam. And I agree with you, I love trawling this specific sub-forum to find bands I would've never found in a hundred years on my own.

Edited by CoolJimmi - May 07 2013 at 22:07
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 10:47

Hmm, very alt-rockish at times and the singer reminds me a bit too much of Chris Martin but otherwise, yeah, nice stuff and definite prog structures on the longer tracks. Passed to the Post Team. 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 03:24
LOL! It's never my intention to make anyone look bad on here... Embarrassed  I love the fact that you guys post all these new bands for possible addition to the site - that's why I hang out in this particular forum so much - it's such a fertile hunting ground for new stuff to discover. Approve I can't help following up so many of the suggestions though by posting any extra samples that I subsequently happen to dig up. It can only help broaden the band/artist's public exposure, and it also makes the evaluation task easier for the team who they eventually get handed on to. Not everyone approves it must be said...I once had a whole post deleted without warning by admins on here... Shocked Mind you, it did consist of virtually the entire content of two Arena DVDs in carefully sequenced YouTube vids. Almost equivalent to posting filesharing links to the DVD's themselves, I guess...and it was certainly an interesting post while it lasted! LOL At least I didn't get my wrists slapped too!
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 00:02
Thanks again, yam yam! Smile Always going that extra mile to make me look bad Wink

Only joking, of course, your dedication is very much appreciated and I hope you continue to provide your services for the foreseeable future 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 03:26
These dudes are also on bandcamp: http://skyarchitects.bandcamp.com/. Eveything they've done can be streamed there, and both the self-titled debut and 2010 EP “The Reflection” are 'name your price' downloads. Smile
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 00:10
"Post-Rock/Alternative-Rock Band from Aarhus Midtjylland, Denmark.

In 2008 Sky Architects released their selftitled debut EP, which showed a band who wanted to bring something new to the postrock stage by fuzing it with pop, jazz and metal, but still hadn’t found themselves. With the release of their new EP “The Reflection” (Dec. 2010), a more focused and united band was shown, with a more clear cut sound. They call their own genre for Doom-Pop, as they try to bring emotional melodies together with heavy chords and progressive song structures. 

Members:

Stefan - Guitars, Vocals and Lyrics
Thomas - Guitars
Benjamin - Bass, Lyrics
Christian - Piano and Backing Vocals
Steffen - Drums 

Visit http://www.myspace.com/skyarchitects for more information.
Join up at http://www.facebook.com/skyarchitects"

These guys are pretty cool, and 4 of their tracks (which are also available for free download!) are available for full streaming here: http://www.last.fm/music/Sky+Architects

I really like vocals in post-rock, and these guys also sound like they have some general progressive qualities outside of their clear post-rock roots. I'm diggin' it, and hopefully the team will, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply