Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMoving Atlas - Heavy/Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Atlas - Heavy/Crossover Prog
    Posted: May 11 2013 at 00:13
"Hailing from Dallas, TX, Moving Atlas is an eclectic five piece progressive hard rock band who have slowly but surely solidified themselves within the ranks as one of Texas’ most respected bands. Since their conception in 2005, Moving Atlas has been quoted as being “the best kept secret in the American music scene and the pearl of intelligent hard rock”, by Sebastian Grabowski of www.activerock.pl

Opening for the likes of 10 Years, Karnivool, Nonpoint, & Fair to Midland, Moving Atlas has made the most of their opportunities by leaving a lasting impression with their cunning yet chaotic trademarked sound. Moving Atlas continues to deliver with their latest release, The Red Shelter EP, featuring “Becoming Blue”, a song which nabbed them a 2009 Independent Music Award for Best Hard Rock/ Metal Song. Over the years, Moving Atlas has become known for delivering a visually captivating live performance in which newcomers continue to embark on show after show.

With their recent signing’s to Dirtbag Records/ILG/Warner and Silver Tongue Management (John Gomez/John Moyer of Disturbed), Moving Atlas feels they have assembled the right team to back them in their quest for musical gratification. Now, we just have to convince you to join them."

Pretty cool stuff these guys are doing, and so I present them for your evaluating pleasure Thumbs Up

And now that I've spent half the night posting bands for suggestion, I need some sleep, haha Sleepy

Edited by CoolJimmi - May 11 2013 at 00:14
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 05:01
http://www.last.fm/music/Moving+Atlas
http://www.reverbnation.com/movingatlas
http://www.myspace.com/movingatlas

Alt-rock, light-heavy metal and prog. Worth a shout in Heavy first, I think. Thanks for the suggestion.
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 13:59
No problem, I'm trying to get all the prog I listen to up here. You guys are such a great resource, I figured I'd give a little back Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply