Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIl Segno del Comando (RPI?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Il Segno del Comando (RPI?)
    Posted: May 14 2013 at 02:28
IL SEGNO DEL COMANDO

Strange, I didn’t find this band on PA. They released two albums on Black Widow Records...

From Il Segno del Comando (1997)

From Der Golem (2002)

Edited by andrea - May 14 2013 at 02:29
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 02:31
Hmmm, I noticed them on the Black Widow page myself, Andrea, and wondered if they were more of a metal band? I'm sure we'll look into it now!
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 05:45
Thanks Andrea!

This band is linked to Ianva (in RPI of course). They were discussed back in 2006 but I've checked all the old and current RPI, Heavy, and Metal team threads and there's nothing about them apart from this:  

Guess they were overlooked. Listening now and I don't think they belong in Metal. Heavy or RPI? I agree with Michael, I think the RPI Team should have first dibs. Wink 
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 05:57
(rubbing hands in manic glee)Excellent!   

Will give the Youtube clips a listen when I'm back home.

Thanks for the tip-off, Andrea!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - May 14 2013 at 05:57
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2013 at 00:36
And they've now been added, belatedly! 
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

blackwidowrecords View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 05:53
IL SEGNO DEL COMANDO IS BACK

Novembre 2013- A 12 anni di distanza torna IL SEGNO DEL COMANDO. Nuova formazione e nuovo album per uno dei nomi più misteriosi ed affascinanti della musica rock genovese ed italiana. In effetti il gruppo è stato inattivo fino al 2010 anno in cui, per volontà della BWR e di Diego Banchero, riprende la via dello studio con un ulteriore e importante cambiamento di line up (lo stesso Banchero si trova a gestirne da solo la leadership dopo la rinuncia di Mercy ormai deciso a continuare su altre strade artistiche). Il gruppo partecipa nello stesso anno ad un tribute album dedicato alla band Pierrot Lunaire e pubblicato dalla vicentina MP Records iniziando, subito dopo, i lavori di un nuovo album “Il Volto Verde”, concept che trae ispirazione dal romanzo di Gustav Meyrink opera che, come è noto, rappresenta uno dei punti cardine del testamento esoterico dello scrittore stesso. Il suddetto libro descrive, tra l’altro, alcune tecniche relative al controllo del pensiero che portano fino al raggiungimento del cosiddetto stato di “vuoto mentale” come condizione sine qua non per mettersi in contatto con il cosiddetto ”Io Superiore” che, oltre a rappresentare una porta sull’inconscio, è in connessione diretta con la “Mente Universale”. Lavoro molto articolato, l’LP il “Il Volto Verde”, vede la partecipazione di ospiti illustri come Claudio Simonetti dei Goblin, Gianni Leone del Balletto di Bronzo, Martin Grice dei Delirium, Freddy Delirio dei DEATH SS, Paul Nash, Sophya Baccini e Maethelyiah che si sono avvicendati in studio al fianco degli altri ottimi musicisti capitanati da Diego Banchero. L’approccio compositivo prog-jazz rock-soundtrack-dark-sperimentale che ha caratterizzato e distinto le composizioni dei primi 2 capitoli viene qui ulteriormente sviluppato e radicato. L’opera è corredata da una copertina dall’impatto a suo modo shoccante creata dall’artista Danilo Capua e viene realizzato dalla Black Widow records in formato CD ed anche in vinile con edizione limitata preziosa ed affascinante, quindi i collezionisti sono avvertiti.

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 05:54

IL SEGNO DEL COMANDO is back 12 years later.

New line up and new album out for one of the most mysterious and charming rock bands from Genoa and Italy. The band has been inactive until 2010, when BWR and Diego Banchero finally got back together in studio and renewed the line up (with Diego Banchero managing the whole project since Mercy left the boat).

The band takes part in the same year to the tribute to Pierrot Lunaire released by MP Records from Vicenza, and immediately after, started recording "Il Volto Verde" (the green face), concept album inspired by the novel of Gustav Meyrink, well known masterpiece that represents one of the main subjects of his esoteric testament.

The book also describes some techniques related to the mind control and that brings to the so called "mental emptiness" as consistent connection to the "superior self" that along with being a door on the subconscious, it also connects to the "Universal Mind" itself.

This is a rather complex project: "Il volto Verde" features various collaborators like Claudio Simonetti from Goblin, Gianni Leone from Balletto di Bronzo, Martin Grice from Delirium, Freddy Delirio from DEATH SS, Paul Nash & Maethelyiah from The Danse Society (& Blooding Mask), Sophya Baccini from Presence along with Osanna e Delirium, all under the leadership of Diego Banchero.

The prog-jazz rock-soundtrack-experimental-dark essence that characterises the tracks in the first couple of chapters has been well developed and rooted.

The masterpiece's cover features an impressive and shocking painting from the artist Danilo Capua and is released by Black Widow Records on CD and also on precious limited collectable edition on vinyl.

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 05:54

IL SEGNO DEL COMANDO is back 12 years later.

New line up and new album out for one of the most mysterious and charming rock bands from Genoa and Italy. The band has been inactive until 2010, when BWR and Diego Banchero finally got back together in studio and renewed the line up (with Diego Banchero managing the whole project since Mercy left the boat).

The band takes part in the same year to the tribute to Pierrot Lunaire released by MP Records from Vicenza, and immediately after, started recording "Il Volto Verde" (the green face), concept album inspired by the novel of Gustav Meyrink, well known masterpiece that represents one of the main subjects of his esoteric testament.

The book also describes some techniques related to the mind control and that brings to the so called "mental emptiness" as consistent connection to the "superior self" that along with being a door on the subconscious, it also connects to the "Universal Mind" itself.

This is a rather complex project: "Il volto Verde" features various collaborators like Claudio Simonetti from Goblin, Gianni Leone from Balletto di Bronzo, Martin Grice from Delirium, Freddy Delirio from DEATH SS, Paul Nash & Maethelyiah from The Danse Society (& Blooding Mask), Sophya Baccini from Presence along with Osanna e Delirium, all under the leadership of Diego Banchero.

The prog-jazz rock-soundtrack-experimental-dark essence that characterises the tracks in the first couple of chapters has been well developed and rooted.

The masterpiece's cover features an impressive and shocking painting from the artist Danilo Capua and is released by Black Widow Records on CD and also on precious limited collectable edition on vinyl.

Post Reply Post Reply