Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWolves In Aramid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wolves In Aramid
    Posted: May 14 2013 at 16:13
Hello there everyone. I am currently writing music with a friend for our project called Wolves in Aramid.

We are a band from outside Seattle - our style is mostly alt. rock / post-rock, but we have some strong progressive tendencies, so I figured it would be interesting to post here. 

It has been very difficult to promote out music, but we really love what we do and hope that some people can give their feedback on our music. 

I couldn't find any other forums which would suit this post, so if there is a better place, please direct me there. 

Your feedback is very much appreciated and will help us become better musicians :) 
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 15:47
I don't know what's the policy of the Math team about Bandcamp only bands, but you may post in the section "Suggest New Bands and Artists. I'm listening to Obsidian (the title track) and I think you may fit, but I'm not a Math team member so I can't guess. To my ears you are progressive enough.

The fact is that in order to publish a review the album (and the artist) has to be added to the site, and to avoid adding everybody there are specific "subgenre" teams which evaluate the suggested artists and say "yes" or "no".

Personally I like your music.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Effloresce View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 18:44
Thanks for the feedback - I'll see what I can do about getting this on the database and in the right forum. 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 18:56
Hi, everyone.

I was directed to this forum for my post, so I hope it's alright. 

I am currently part of a project from near Seattle. We aren't signed to a label, but we do have an official EP that we released last year on Bandcamp, and we are currently recording our second one right now, so we are established. I hope that counts enough to have us added to the database. 

Hopefully some people could give reviews as well - it has been very difficult to promote ourselves thus far.

Anyway, here is our page: http://wolvesinaramid.bandcamp.com/

Our style isn't straight prog-rock. We are primarily alternative and post-rock, but have some strong progressive elements. Major influences of ours are Radiohead, Oceansize, Mogwai, O'Brother, Circa Survive, and Vessels. 

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 20:11
You certainly have enough here to qualify for addition by some teams, but not all of them I don't think. The official stance on free-release bandcamp downloads (name your price is technically giving it away for free, I guess) is as follows:

Free-releases can be accepted at the discretion of the appropriate Genre Team if they unanimously decide that the releases are of a professional standard and they clear it with the Admin Team first.

As for your music, It certainly stands a pretty good chance of being accepted in Post Rock from what I can make of it - and as long as they got subsequently got admin clearance (which I imagine would be straightforward) you should be eligible for addition.

An official member of the New Suggestions team (most likely seventhsojourn) will need to listen to your stuff first though, and if they agree that it's fit for Post Rock, then they would notify the team to evaluate you.  Thumbs Up
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 21:29
Thanks for the advice! Being listed under post-rock would be just fine with me. 

Should I just leave this here, or pm someone, anything else? 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 22:10
Just sit tight - you don't need to do anything more.  Smile
Chris (seventhsojourn) has a busy work schedule in his 'real life' right at this moment, but will get round to checking your stuff some time over the weekend I would imagine. He gets round to all the new suggestions fairly promptly as a rule, but there have been rather a lot of them in the last two days, so please bear with him while he catches up. Thumbs Up
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 06:15
Welcome to ProgArchives, Effloresce. Apologies for not answering sooner. I'll have a listen to your music and let you know later today.
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 05:02
Lovely music and we can certainly ask the Post Team to do a formal evauationl for you. And I agree with David that the name-your-price / free release thing shouldn't be an issue, the quality sounds fine. The team may take a wee while to get around to your eval but if you have any questions in the meantime feel free to post them here. Good luck! Thumbs Up 
 Post Reply Post Reply