Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTimeline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timeline
    Posted: May 15 2013 at 06:19
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 10:27
From the band's official website (see andrea's link above: http://www.timelineprog.it) - roughly translated by google:

"The Timeline had their dawn back in September 2006, in the province of Bergamo, when any bass player named David contacted a super guitarist, Claudio, proposing to form a group Progressive Rock.

After a night spent at home suonicchiare own songs at low volume, the two found their rhythmic reference point: an exceptional drummer "eclectic" named Stephen.

Was how it all began ... and it all ended in March 2007, when Claudio, because of the limited time available, he decided to leave the group.

David and Stephen continued undeterred in the search for another guitarist and a singer, but after numerous attempts with guitarists inappropriate, it was decided to "take a pause for reflection."

Until the summer of 2007, when Claudio David to re-contact "the old band back together" (cited from the Blues Brothers).

Warned Stefano and found the singer, Matthew, it began to try this time starting from covers of Spock's Beard and Aerosmith.

In September 2007, Matthew was gone, but the group continued undeterred and convinced we can do it, while trying a new singer and keyboardist possbile.

Just when everything seemed more difficult a light gleamed across the sky and illuminated an artist as well as their future singer: Jacopo!

These four crazy began to work seriously on the covers to do, until you have at least 40 minutes of music available.

In January 2008, registered for the competition offered by Emergency, attending and passing the qualifying stages, then stopping the semi-finals in June, but enriched by the fantastic experience of having played at Alcatraz in Milan.

Slowly continued a solid relationship and mutual understanding, which is necessary to make good Progressive, managing to finish four new songs exploring different genres and being able to mix them to create something unique.

In mid-2009 has also added the much-hoped keyboardist Daniele! who completed the group by entering the harmony between the instruments was missing.

Now the group is hungry for stage!

Run on the Timeline!

New Dreams ... New Hopes

May 13th, 2013

NEW DREAMS ... NEW HOPE

The first (and perhaps only) album is titled Timeline of New Dreams ... New Hopes (New hopes new dreams ...). Well, unfortunately this is not always the case and also to fight things do not go as you had dreamed and hoped perhaps ...

This is your path to success of the album and as a result the entire band to the path of the Timeline. Such determination by all and a great desire to emerge, but in the end the daily life puts in front of the evidence, the difficulties and hard choices ... and everything just when you're finally to take the final plunge ...

JUST LIKE A DREAM

And just like in a dream ... you are there ready to grab a well-deserved reward for all those years of effort spent in carrying out the project of your life, but the most beautiful ... the awakening ...

The light penetrates shy behind his eyelids, the dream ends and you begin to slowly see the reality. At the beginning you refuse, you would go to sleep, where would you go back to what you loved most was being made, but do not make it, you can not and you wake up ...

The reality ... I do not see it right away. Initially it is something obfuscated, luminescent, contours blurry. The "eyes adjust plan" and begin to perceive that the dream is fading. The hold, squeeze it with all your might, but that perception is increasing every second. Inside you cry, because it could not be just a dream, he could not! But it was ...

In the end, reality takes over leaving a bit 'sad. A few tears flowing, you hold on to the memories, those images still nice and sharp for a great experience, but understand that it is all over. Vanished perhaps in a parallel reality, but vanished.

NEVER STOP DREAMING

Nevertheless I'm happy, because life and reality are giving me so much happiness, much more than I would have ever expected.

I am convinced that the future of each of us has not yet been written and are convinced of the truth contained in the title of this album, because maybe if a dream is gone, another will take its place, just close your eyes and let yourself be carried away by their emotions. You should never stop dreaming and hoping to create a better future, clear and bright.

I dreams I found others and I will try again to continue feeding my hope. ;)

ALBUM

Given all the complications had while recording and especially during the troubled publication of this album, it is my choice and mine alone, to distribute it for free, at least for some time (do not know how, maybe even forever).

The reason is very simple: my initial dream was to raise awareness of the music that I wrote and I played in the Timeline. This dream has never died in me and I want to accomplish.

Maybe it's not a perfect album came out as I had in mind, but I feel proud to have produced along with everyone else, Claudius, Stephen, James and Daniel and thank you for all that we have experienced and we did. Without them none of this would have ever been.

ABOUT TO DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM AND THE BOOKLET

To download the album and the booklet please use this link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx5pSLfrV8qlNC1XbTlkOG55Zms&usp=sharing

Once on the page you can download two zip files, one for the album and one for the booklet.
Click on the icon, then click on the 'Download' button at the bottom right and then click on 'Download anyway'.
Spin the voice !;)

-

Well, here I salute you and wish you a good listening. I hope to hear from you soon.:)

My best wishes to all!"

(Davide Tasca)

Mauriziojacopo Andriolo (vocals);
Claudio Albergoni (guitars);
Daniele Cattaneo (keyboards);
Davide Tasca (bass);
Stefano Bruzzi (drums)

Sounds Like: Spock's Beard, Neal Morse, Dream Theater, The Flower Kings, Iron Maiden

Some live tubes:

Lots more (25 in all at current time) here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimelineProg

There is also a myspace page, but nothing there of any note really: http://www.myspace.com/timelineprog.

Good band! Thumbs Up
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 04:19
Thanks Andrea!
This is a cert for the site but it's another that seems to fall between several camps. I'd probably rule out RPI as they mostly sing in English and their influences all seem to be non-Italian artists. And I don't really see them alongside Spock's Beard or Flower Kings in Symphonic. Their sound is a mix of Crossover and Neo with some light-metal... gonna pass them to Neo but think they might end up in Cross.
David, excellent work as always but aren't two of those videos for another band? The fouth and fifth tubes look as if they are for a band called Ediacara, who the RPI Team would be very interested in judging by those vids. Violin
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 05:15
LOL yes they are! - My bad!  I threw that response together rather hastily, and didn't notice that those two 'foreigners' had been sneaked in amongst the rest of the uploaded vids. The link is Timeline's guitarist - Albergoni "Fogliolino" Claudio (or Claudio Albergoni when Anglicised), who sings and plays keys, as well as guitar when he has his 'Ediacara' hat on. They don't seem to be particularly active though. One other vid I found for them only, which can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61IrWuxRNQA or on their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/ediacaraprogressive. Both bands are based in Bergamo, & Ediacara posted that they were working on a concept album on 24 Nov 2010, but haven't logged in to the site for almost exactly a year now. Ermm

I guess Timeline took precedence and the other project withered away...but who knows eh? There is a facebook page though if any of our Italian friends on the site would like to contact him and find out more: https://www.facebook.com/ediacaraprogressive Thumbs Up
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 05:18
Now that would be a pity if Ediacara were no longer active... loving those two tubes by them!
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 05:26
If andrea (or anyone else fluent in Italian) uses facebook, he could contact the man himself and find out for sure one way or the other: https://www.facebook.com/albergoni.ia (Albergoni Claudio). Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2013 at 11:09
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2013 at 12:23
And cleared in Crossover.  Thumbs Up
kev rowland View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator