Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closediamthemorning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: iamthemorning
    Posted: May 18 2013 at 11:32
Anyone seen this? I've received this email.

================================================================================

Iamthemorning second album is on it's way and needs your help

Hello to all you beautiful people out there. 

This is iamthemorning - you may happen to know us because you were among people who downloaded our first album from Bandcamp.
Just to remind you, we are a couple of classical music students from Russia who released debut album named "~" (yes, we already got that this title is a total database crusher).
Right now, this is Marjana speaking. I am a singer of this band and i am now addressing you because we really need your help.

So, what's the matter?

What's the matter is our second album, that is now in the process of it's creation. We already have all the material completed and now we need to take care about the materialistic side of the question, meaning money. We will record most or the instruments here in Russia, but for the most important part of our music - grand piano and vocals recording - we are going to London. We've been invited by the amazing professional, Marcel Van Limbeek, who made all Tori Amos albums. He heard our first album and decided that he'd like to help us with the second one, and this is a great honor for us. 

So, what we have now is an amazing opportunity and total lack of money. We will make it through the most part of the process ourselves because we've been saving all we got from our sales during the last year, but to get to London - we need your help. And that's why we made a

Kickstarter campaign! -- click me! click me right now!!

On our Kickstarter you will find a list of rewards, such as limited bakers-only edition of our second album (digipak in a slipcase with some beauties inside), wooden USB-flash card (with engraving) containing our second album, wooden casket with CD, signed poster and a lot of beautiful gifts from the band - and a hard-cover book with our music sheets, lyrics, art for the album and a lot of interesting stuff.

Also, you may always visit our Bandcamp - we have recently released a new pressing of the first album. You can see it closer and - who knows? - support us by purchasing a copy to yourself. Absolutely everything that we get from Bandcamp will be spent for the second album.

So please, stay tuned and follow us on Facebook

=============================================================================

What do you guys think?

Edited by Dayvenkirq - July 11 2014 at 11:54
Larree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 11:38
I think it's great!  Good for them for using an innovative site like kickstarter to attempt to raise funds to go to London.  Hope it works for them.
ThumpinBass View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 11:47
Yes!  I was just about to post this, but it looks like you beat me to it!  I would encourage everyone to give this amazing young group of musicians some financial support if you could, and check out their first album, "~".  They are just a young group of struggling musicians trying to make it, and their music is incredible!  If you can, help them out on this kickstarter campaign and help keep this beautiful music alive!
Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 14:37
Saw this in my email when I woke up and contributed before I was even out of bed. They deserve the help more than anyone! So excited for the second album. Smile
Gallifrey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 16:39
Yeah, I was about to post. I'd love to get that extra-shiny book one, but I fear it'll sell out before I get enough money for it. I'll definitely get the casket.

Seeing as I already have 2 separate copies of their debut, I do seem to be spending a lot on this band.
http://thedarkthird.bandcamp.com/
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 12:51

£2,400 within the first day!!!!

Update #1 · May 19, 2013 · comment

People of the Earth! You are amazing!!

When we thought of starting the campaign, we never even imagined that you, beautiful people out there, would be so supportive! We hardly believed we'd raise £2,400 in a month and therefore kept the final sum as low as possible.

However, we'd be eternally grateful if you help us to keep this campaign alive to help us avoid debts and raise the sum that will cover all the expences (that scenario is beyond my imagination, but...WHAT IF???)

Another update will come soon and i will tell you more about little beautiful things that we may add to the rewards. And so, locked in the office for 14 hours face to face with Kickstarter, i only managed to make this message for you:

OMG We love You! .
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 12:59
What an awesome project, and I hope they get a good deal of support. I might make my way over to Kickstater right now... Wink
zeqexes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 04:06
I think it's a great idea, and it's proven to already be very successful.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 04:38
No doubt that when the second album is to be released iamthemorning will become a true stars of Prog.
Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 14:42

Update from the kickstarter page: 3331/2400 Pounds raised as of today with 111 backers and 27 days to go.

She posted a video expressing her gratitude that can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEk4QIVWpjw&feature=youtu.be 

Those who have contributed would have already received this in their email inboxes by now.

Edited by Neo-Romantic - May 20 2013 at 14:44
ThumpinBass View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 09:16
I just read something else their lead singer, Marjana, posted at http://iamthemorning.com/fullstory.html .  She is very thankful for Progarchives and mentions it in here:

Hello there,

If you are reading this then you probably saw our Kickstarter video. Or visited our Facebook page. Or Bandcamp. Or found us some other way, but you are anyway most welcome here!

We are iamthemorning and we are located in St. Petersburg, Russia, country of great classical composers and history, full of suffering.

The core of the band is pianist Gleb Kolyadin, student of St. Petersburg Conservatory, and self-taught vocalist Marjana, who is now writing this. We met in February 2010 and since then rarely were spotted separately.

For the first couple of months after we met, we were just playing some music, improvising and getting to know each other's musical feel, and then realized that this was so warm and nice that we decided to make “iamthemorning” to share these feelings with people. As a wonderful motivation, an Icelandic band Arstidir came to Russia and we were supposed to warm up for them. And this is how it started.

For the first year and a half, there were three string players, who left the band after our debut album recording. They left, but we suddenly found ourselves playing with three new wonderful members: guitarist, bass guitarist and drummer. We were searching for someone to help us with the album recording (we didn't want it to be entirely acoustic) and those guys were eager to help — and then they stayed to play release concerts. And then some other concerts. And then they just stayed.

All people who ever worked with us or working right now are in the process of getting higher musical education.

Our work on the first album took a lot of time and mental and physical strength and all money we had. If you only knew how we recorded it! In old Soviet Union halls, looking for any opportunity to record a good grand piano, percussion, vibraphone and all other instruments. Travelling from St. Petersburg to Moscow and back, recording vocals at home late at night with neighbors willing to kill us. Mixing and mastering it at the last night before the release and folding copies of album before the release concert. We never want to repeat that and suggest you by all means avoid situations like this!

So, In April'12 we have released our debut album, all by ourselves, no funding apart from money we were able to save with Gleb, no label, no media support, nothing — and it took almost a year for us to be noticed outside the country. The big breakthrough for us was when in January'13, we simultaneously got to several TOPs of best albums of 2012 (which was totally unexpected!), but here the biggest gift of fortune was Progarchives.com. And so the giant system started to work, and now we are still unknown by anyone but the small circle of prog-rock lovers, but eternally thankful to people for sharing our album on their blogs, sites and all their support! The album is being played on various radios in something about 10 countries of the world (still, 900 likes on Facebook, haha).

During the last year we've been working on a material for the second album and finally decided that we are ready to record everything. And as a sign from the above, we suddenly received a message from Marcel Van Limbeek — wonderful sound engineer from the UK who has been working with Tori Amos for the past 20 years and made all her albums. He said that he really liked the first album and is interested to work with us on our second one and suggested that we go to London to record a really outstanding instrument and use the best mics for it and for vocal recording.

So what we have now is the most exciting chance in our lives, a real opportunity to create something beautiful, but no means for that =\

It will take a lot of money to record all the instruments (although we are planning to record only vocals and grand piano in London, and all the rest will be recorded in Russia), mix, master everything and then print at least 500 copies of the album.

So we decided that it is time to be brave and start the Kickstarter campaign. It took us almost two months to make this happen — because Kickstarter is closed for everyone outside the UK and USA, but Marcel happened to be so extremely kind that he registered an account for us and now we can start. This is frightening, but what if it works! No other band from Russia has done anything like that before, so this is a huge experiment.

All in all, we need approximately £6000, and this includes recordings in London, Russian recordings, session musicians fees, printing, mixing and mastering of the album. And sadly, this is the minimal sum. Kickstarter campaign is aimed to collect only £2000 (+KS commissions and taxes) because we realize that the more we ask for — the less chances we have to get anything, because Kickstarter is “all or nothing”. And more than anything else in the world we want to achieve this goal and go to London.

So we thought of rewards that we may possibly offer for ones who'd like to help us. something that we are sure will be beautiful, and we promise we'll do our best.

To help us and see the list of rewards, you may return to Kickstarter.

To listen/download our first album, you may visit Bandcamp.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me directly, [email protected]

Lots of love,
Marjana

It's great to hear that Progarchives helped them to gain some fans!  Looking forward to their next album!
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 09:24
Credits to Svetonio who suggested them for this site in the first place, and for my colleagues in the Crossover team for voting them in. 
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 01:20
174 backers
£5,161 pledged of £2,400 goal
13 days to go

Great job everyone who contributed. It's not too late now to beef up your pledges (just a reminder). Wink 

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 04 2013 at 01:22
amapofthepiano View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 11:28
Thank you, wonderful people. We are really grateful to this lovely site for all the informational support and your warm attitude towards our music. <3 //Marjana
start of something beautiful
www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7504
https://www.facebook.com/iamthemorningpage
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 12:26
Marjana is the morning Approve
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 13:26
^ Well, technically, it's noon here, so ... .
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 22:34
Noticed that '~' just edged up to the top of 2012!
http://www.progarchives.com/top-prog-albums.asp?syears=2012#list
Tongue
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
amapofthepiano View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 05:14
Oh dear. You people do realize that we are not technically that progressive to be on the top of a chart like this? :) I promise we'll improve with the second album, but for now i am even a bit ashamed of beating Alglagard... But apart from that, this is so extremely pleasant! Thank you! <3

Edited by amapofthepiano - June 14 2013 at 05:16
start of something beautiful
www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7504
https://www.facebook.com/iamthemorningpage
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 05:20
Good music will always be recognized as just that :-)
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
zeqexes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 07:40
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

Good music will always be recognized as just that :-)

Indeed. There's no denying that it's an amazing album
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>