Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Haunted Shores - Progressive Metal or Tech/Extreme
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHaunted Shores - Progressive Metal or Tech/Extreme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haunted Shores - Progressive Metal or Tech/Extreme
    Posted: May 21 2013 at 00:17
Quite similar to Periphery, considering the main songwriter and guitarist of Periphery, Misha, is heavily involved. However, the music is a bit more intense than Periphery at times, more death metal influence.

"Haunted Shores is a currently re-forming band based out of Washington DC and New York City, consisting of Mark Holcomb (guitars/bass), with studio-help from Misha Mansoor(guitar/bass/programming). A full-length album is in the works to be released in mid-to-late 2011.
Their previous 2 EPs, “Following Ivy” and “Maelstrom” were released under an almost-entirely different lineup."

They shouldn't have too much trouble here, I don't think. I'd personally recommend them for Tech/Extreme, but I saw that Periphery, a band I would've placed in Tech/Extreme, was in plain old Progressive Metal, so I'll lump these guys in there, too, but I'll still list the Extreme option. Just have a listen:

Edited by CoolJimmi - May 21 2013 at 00:19
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 03:33
Bandcamp link already included Thumbs Up, so I'll shove in the facebook one instead: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunted-Shores/49763865922, from where this brief bio was taken:

"Haunted Shores is a Washington DC-based studio project consisting of Mark Holcomb and Misha Mansoor (Periphery). The two collaborate and write the entirety of the project's music while enlisting a multitude of their favorite singers to round out the compositions. Vocal contributors thus far include Spencer Sotelo (Periphery), Elliot Coleman (Sky Eats Airplane), Dan Tompkins (TesseracT), Casey Sabol (ex-Periphery), Mike Semesky (Vestascension) and Greg Pope (Monuments). The duo released a split EP in April of 2010 and aim to have their full-length debut completed by summer of 2011. "
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 12:52
Listed under Metalcore on MMA so you may well be on the money with Tech/Extreme:

Rune2000 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 10:19
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 15:51
Just got back from Basic Combat Training with the Army, so it's nice to see that something I set in motion before I left paid off Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply