Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reign Of The Architect (Israel): Prog Metal(maybe)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReign Of The Architect (Israel): Prog Metal(maybe)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reign Of The Architect (Israel): Prog Metal(maybe)
    Posted: May 25 2013 at 19:32
Yeah, I say maybe...since this may well be dismissed on here as symphonic power metal...but it's a hell of a grandiose project, and it needs to be aired on here for a judgment for sure! Definitely one to add to MMA if anyone from that site happens to stumble upon this thread (the band is not included on there at the time of writing this).

"Reign of the Architect is a progressive, symphonic metal act, formed in 2012 by Yuval Kramer.

Reign of the Architect started as a multinational studio project in October 2008. A cooperation between Yuval Kramer, guitarist of the highly acclaimed Israeli metal band AMASEFFER and Mexican drummer Mauricio Bustamante with the basic storyline written by the Israeli metal singer Yotam ‘Defiler’ Avni, the lead death metal singer of PREY FOR NOTHING. They wrote ROTA’s debut album ‘Rise’, a Sci-Fi concept album, only by e-mailing each other combining their own regional musical influences, such as Mediterranean and Latin music, as well as film soundtracks into the language of progressive metal.

In March 2010, it was time for Mauricio to travel to Israel for the recordings. They decided to work with a variety of different musicians, some unknown and fresh talents, such as the current male singers and the keyboardist of the band, along side with big names of the World’s Rock and Metal scenes, such as: the American bass virtuoso, Kyle Honea, who unfortunately was unable to finish the recordings so he was replaced in the middle of the project by the well-known SYMPHONY X ‘s bass player Mike LePond, the Dutch keyboard player Joost Van Den Broek (AYREON, AFTER FOREVER) contributed the keyboard solos on the band’s first single, “Distant Similarities“, the Israeli jazz-fusion guitarist Assaf Levy – a well-known player and respected musician in Israel – played the solos on two songs of the album and the legendary vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JOURNEY, TALISMAN, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, QUEEN EXTRAVAGANZA TOUR) performed the lead vocals on the band’s second single “We Must Retaliate”.

More people appear in the album, like Adva Kramer, the classical soprano and contemporary/soul singer, as the “Teacher” and “Rapture”, Grace Hannah, a jazz-pop singer playing the “Girl”, Yotam, as “Ruin” and the members of the Israeli thrash metal band DARK SERPENT, as the soldiers of the final battle.

When the album was done, Kramer decided to take the whole thing to the stage. So he gathered musicians to form a 7 member group and transformed the studio project into an intense live performance. 3 vocalists of the Israeli metal scene, Davidavi Dolev, Tom Gefen and the half Israeli/half Argentinean Denise Scorofitz, the Greek keyboardist Nina Vouraki, the Israeli drummer Yuval ‘Boolbool’ Tamir, the Israeli bass player Nativ Kedem and of course Yuval Kramer in the guitars form the energy bomb called Reign of the Architect.

The debut live show of the band was held on the 6th of June 2012 by supporting the almighty SYMPHONY X in Tel Aviv, Israel and in September 2012 they made their premiere tour in Russia/Ukraine.

In June 2012, the band signed with TFA management (BEHEMOTH etc) and since then they performed with global acts such as SYMPHONY X, THE FLOWER KINGS, PAIN OF SALVATION, ADROMEDA etc.

In January 2013, after a long time working on their debut album, and six months of performances, the band started a new chapter and became a part of the Pitch Black Records roster and their debut album Rise will be out the spring of 2013. Also, along with their manager Jon Knight, the band moved to the NY Extreme Management Group (INTO ETERNITY, SUFFOCATION, ABORTED, etc).

On the 16th of April (14th of May in the USA) the band released their debut album Rise with Pitch Black Records, and Hanan Avramovich, the second guitar player of AMASEFFER joined the band."

Line-up:
Yuval Kramer / guitars
Nina Vouraki / keyboards 
Davidavi (Vidi) Dolev / vocals
Denise Scorfits / vocals
Tom Gefen / vocals
Nativ Kedem /bass
Yuval Tamir / drums

Also Appearing:
Mauricio Bustamante, Mike LePond, Kyle Honea, Adva Kramer, Jeff Scot Soto, Joost Van Den Broek, Grace Hannah Woolf, Yotam Avni and Assaf Lev

'Rise' Tracklist:
01. Set
02. Different Heart
03. Hymn To Loneliness
04. False
05. Such A Celebration
06. Leaking Wounds
07. Distant Similarities
08. One Single Sour Grape
09. …As the Old Turns To Sorrow
10. I, the Architect
11. Secrets In The Hallway
12. Crown Of Shattered Dreams
13. The Green Flame
14. We Must Retaliate
15. Hopeless War

Released by: Pitch Black Records
Release/catalogue number: PBR021
Release date: 16/4/2013
ISRC: CY-A08-13-02106

And the band playing a live Rammstein cover:

Another track ('Leaking Wounds') can be listened to on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/#pitch-black-records/reign-of-the-architect-leaking

Edit: Chris - No need for any action from you on this one. I did the usual search in the public forums and on progfreak before posting this, but never thought to have a look in the PM team thread as well...Turns out Olav had already beaten me to it...and I also hadn't managed to turn up the progstreaming link (see below) when I put the post together! LOL

Edited by yam yam - May 25 2013 at 22:09
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 19:47
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 20:28
Well spotted Olav! - Thanks!! Thumbs Up
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 01:38
If you alter the heading of this thread from "Rise of..." to "Reign of..." as well it'll be prfect ;-)

Edited by Windhawk - May 26 2013 at 01:48
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 07:02
Thanks again Olav - had a bad day yesterday. Unhappy
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 08:10
"Definitely one to add to MMA if anyone from that site happens to stumble upon this thread (the band is not included on there at the time of writing this)."

Yam Yam, we always take note of what you say on MMA Wink - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/reign-of-the-architect.aspx
MantasChan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 12:07
Have that CD long time ago , but for sure its not pure prog, more sympho metal , and a bit prog influences
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 16:19
To be honest, from the listen I gave it, I was in two minds whether to place this under prog metal or (progressive) symphonic metal. I'll give it another listen and may well move it.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 16:46
^ it is indeed a combination of both Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply