Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dead End Space (Sweden) for Heavy or Prog Metal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDead End Space (Sweden) for Heavy or Prog Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dead End Space (Sweden) for Heavy or Prog Metal
    Posted: May 26 2013 at 19:34
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 03:56
Formerly known as The Johnny Engstrom Band:

I guess the PM team ''move'' votes were for Heavy (there isn't much discussion in the team thread and it was a wee while ago). I'll pass this suggestion to HP.

Edit: Found it in HP. 

Edited by seventhsojourn - June 01 2013 at 04:05
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 04:40
Originally posted by seventhsojourn seventhsojourn wrote:

Formerly known as The Johnny Engstrom Band:

I guess the PM team ''move'' votes were for Heavy (there isn't much discussion in the team thread and it was a wee while ago). I'll pass this suggestion to HP.

Edit: Found it in HP. 
When I searched, I saw that thread by AstralliS, also that progfreak.com page, but as the band change its name and call their new album as a "debut", I decided to post this as a new suggestion, not to bump in AstrallIS '  thread.
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 05:22
^ No problem. It's up to the team to decide whether to treat this a new entity. Cheers! 
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2013 at 20:06
So these guys are the same as Johnny Engstrom? If so then they have been cleared.

A bio would be much appreciated.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 07:55

The Chicago born guitarist, vocalist and songwriter Johnny Engstrom started to play guitar at the age of 12 and has been playing in bands ever since. He has been a fulltime working musician since 1992, doing what he loves most; teaching guitar, helping kids forming bands, song writing and playing in front of a live audience.

At a young age he moved to Karlskoga, Sweden, a town that had a blooming music scene. His parents owned a summer cottage near the town Nora, were he made friends with the talented Abba guitarist Lasse Wellander, who inspired him to develop his guitar skills. Johnny formed 'Dead End Street' together with bass player Niklas Högberg and drummer Galle Johansson, a band that showed strong influences from Rush, The police and U2. The trio blended a lot of different styles, making them into their own. The band played a large number of gigs, festivals, made records and had a few television appearances and some radio airplay.

In the ensuing years he decided to put more effort in his solo project, playing with a lot of different musicians. Johnny played gigs and toured all over Scandinavia with his band, plus rock acts 'Don And The Mob and 'BBbrain'. He was also the bass player in 'Pg And The Hooligans', a rhythm and blues band taking him back to his Chicago roots. He eventually reunited with his old bandmates to form 'The Johnny Engstrom Band' early in 2008, releasing the debut album "Analyse My Dream" shortly afterwards in April of the same year. "From Birth To Chaos" was the band's sophomore effort,  released in February 2009, followed by "Magnetic Force" in October 2011.

This third album is a powerful Progressive Rock/Metal hybrid that brings to mind groups such as Dream Theater, Rush, Saga and Evergrey. Lyrically it is a "concept" album dealing with UFOs, alien abductions and 'X-Files'-type themes. Dark, heavy and menacing (but still very melodic).

On 23rd March 2013 the band made a decision to change their name from J.E.B to 'Dead End Space' for the release of their fourth album "Distortion Of Senses" (released on May 24th 2013). The album was co-produced by Mats "limpan" Lindfors at Soundtrade Studio in Stockholm, and has ethereal subjects such as ghosts, spirits, angels, life and death (amongst other things) as its main theme.

The band will return to work with Mats Lindfors in August 2013, and record three songs for release as digital download only. They have their own record label 'Aliennation Records'.

Edited by yam yam - July 03 2013 at 08:07
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 08:59
Added under Dead End Space

I have to head off to work in a few minutes so I won't have time to add the albums, would someone mind kindly doing the honors? Embarrassed

Edited by Andy Webb - July 03 2013 at 09:00
 Post Reply Post Reply