Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Life (Sweden): Reissue of s/t classic 1970 album.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLife (Sweden): Reissue of s/t classic 1970 album.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Life (Sweden): Reissue of s/t classic 1970 album.
    Posted: June 17 2013 at 05:29
The album (originally released in 1970, and reissued on CD in 1997) is on our site here: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=10538.

From the Cherry Red Records/ RPM website: http://www.cherryred.co.uk/rpmshout-exd.asp?id=4215

Life 2CD - Life

Life’s eponymous album, issued in 1970, is one of the most sought-after Swedish progressive albums.
The album describes the cycle of love in life ; it boasts tight, melodic songs underpinned by tough drums and lacerating guitars. The trio were supplemented by psychedelic-flavoured string arrangements.
Although recorded in and released in Swedish, 800 copies were manufactured in 1971 of an English-language version of the album for the export market. RPM International’s reissue brings them together for the first time and adds the tracks from Life's non-album singles.
Life was produced by Anders Henriksson, fresh from just having completed the legendary prog album by Quatermass at Abbey Road. Before that, Henriksson had been the long-term producer of Sweden's Tages.
Issued with the cooperation of EMI Sweden, RPM International’s reissue of the Life album includes input from band member Anders Nordh.
Specially remastered from EMI Sweden’s archived master tapes.
The Swedish-language version of the album – the original version – has never previously been reissued, and makes up Disc 1 plus the bonus singles.
This is the first-ever CD reissue of the English-language version of the album outside Sweden, and here makes up Disc 2 . There are notable track time differences between many of the English language versions and the Swedish language versions.

Release Date: 24/06/2013

Track Listing:

DISC ONE:

1. QUO VADIS (I)
2. JAG STOD ENSAM PÅ MIN VÄG
3. DE VA' SÅ LÄNGESEN!
4. KÄRLEKENS SPRÅK
5. HON VANDRAR ÖVER RUMMET - PÅ JORDENS KLOT
6. EN BIT AV EVIGHETEN
7. QUO VADIS (II)
8. ATT LEVA ÄR ATT ÄLSKA
9. VARJE MAN
10. PUNDA' VIDARE
11. EN AV OSS
12. JAG
13. EN GÅNG I TIDEN
14. QUO VADIS (III)
15. JAG FÄRDAS
16. TO THE COUNTRY
17. TRO PÅ VÅR VÄRLD

DISC TWO:

1. QUO VADIS (I)
2. NOBODY WAS THERE TO LOVE ME
3. MANY YEARS AGO
4. EXPERIENCE OF LOVE
5. SHE WALKS ACROSS THE ROOM
6. SAILING IN THE SUNSHINE
7. QUO VADIS (II)
8. LIVING IS LOVING
9. EVERY MAN
10. EXPERIENCE OF LIFE
11. ONE OF US
12. YES, I AM
13. ONCE UPON A TIME
14. QUO VADIS (III)

Available from RPM for £10.95 (Code: RETROD929)

Note: There are currently no collaborator reviews/ratings for this fine Crossover Prog album, so who is going to be first...? Tongue

Try it out before buying here:

Cool

Edited by yam yam - June 17 2013 at 05:35
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 21:55
listening now, sounds promisingly beautiful.
 Post Reply Post Reply