Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Robert John Godfrey (Enid) has Alzheimer's disease
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRobert John Godfrey (Enid) has Alzheimer's disease

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Einsetumadur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robert John Godfrey (Enid) has Alzheimer's disease
    Posted: June 27 2013 at 10:09
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Originally posted by Einsetumadur Einsetumadur wrote:

According to German progressive rock homepage ProgrockDt (who in turn cite Godfrey's newsletter), Robert John Godfrey has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in an early stage. He laments a loss of memory, but thinks that the disease hasn't already reduced his creativity.

By now, Godfrey intends to find (and instruct) a young successor for Godfrey in The Enid;  Godfrey wants to integrate him into the band in the next few years.

http://www.progrock-dt.de/neuigkeiten/robert-john-godfrey-an-alzheimer-erkrankt

This is sad. But as to his succesor, this has been planned for years. He spoke to me about it when i saw him several years ago. I even saw the young man. 

Of course, I only know about Godfrey's situation from the press. Still, it sounds as if he has yet to find a replacement candidate - I've found his original statement on the net, too... Unhappy  Anyway - a courageous (and clear) decision to find a musician to replace oneself ...

Edited by Einsetumadur - June 27 2013 at 10:10
All in all each man in all men
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 05:16
Originally posted by Einsetumadur Einsetumadur wrote:

According to German progressive rock homepage ProgrockDt (who in turn cite Godfrey's newsletter), Robert John Godfrey has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in an early stage. He laments a loss of memory, but thinks that the disease hasn't already reduced his creativity.

By now, Godfrey intends to find (and instruct) a young successor for Godfrey in The Enid;  Godfrey wants to integrate him into the band in the next few years.

This is sad. But as to his succesor, this has been planned for years. He spoke to me about it when i saw him several years ago. I even saw the young man. 
Einsetumadur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 05:12

Edited by Einsetumadur - June 27 2013 at 05:14
All in all each man in all men
 Post Reply Post Reply