FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRoger Dean to sue James Cameron over Avatar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 01:17
Surrealist, you might want to avoid the thread that this topic was already covered in, a few weeks back. I'm sure it can still be found if you wanted to search it out, but there were more than a few people on there that didn't support Dean!

To be honest, I was simply glad to see someone trying to stick it to that arrogant hack Cameron!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2013 at 14:55
Originally posted by marktheshark marktheshark wrote:

Well, it looks like Dean is going to go through with this. I've sort of wondered about this, the first thing I noticed in the trailors was the floating islands. Whether Dean's case has any weight is tough to tell. However scifi author Harlan Ellison successfully sued Cameron over Terminator's similarities to his Outer Limits episodes from the 60s.

LINK

I've said all alone, from the first day ... that James Cameron pleasurized Roger Dean, and never once reached out to him to help create the movie ... and for that I lost all respect for James, and refuse to see the film ...  I mean look at "Roger Dean's Views" ... and even the characters were taken from the book, almost.

Kind of a bummer, a film I really like was made by Cameron (The Abbyss) and now I can't help think that he is just a rip off artist anyway ... and a b*****d when it comes to ripping people off! He will probably get ripped senseless by the lawyers and judge if he continues his greed posture!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2013 at 15:11
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Are Kevin Costner, the guys who did Fern Gully, and the Blue Man Group suing Cameron, as well, because I think they also have a case?

Even at that, he's still not as big a thief as that f**king tarantino

Agreed.

However, Tarantino, did make a small deal with Godard, Truffaut and at least Akira Kurosawa ... and it was to release their films, and I believe Quentin's company is still releasing the videos of many of their films.  The problem is ... is, no one here has ever seen "Weekend", or "2 or 3 things I know about her", or many other films that had the camera movements and the jokes that were ripped off verbatim ... Pulp Crap was a card board copy of the real thing! It just has a budget, something that Godard and Truffaut never had!

What I don't know is how much they are getting paid ... Kurosawa's family is not doing great, but they don't seem to be lacking. Truffaut's family I don't know. Godard made an off remark in one festival, that the day he gets a dollar he will be dead!

Cameron represents a lot of what is part of the greed nation that came out of the mid 70's ... rip off as many people with advertising as possible and go to the bank and then smile to everyone that greed is good! And his movies are not that great, although I like "The Abyss".

Edited by moshkito - August 13 2013 at 15:18
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123