Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBiography Writing Team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 08:23
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

thanks Kei, but an original for PA still needs to be written.   I could do it but I was kinda hoping some regular members (or shy collabs) might take the challenge  Smile

Shy Collabs is a good band name.

Edited by HolyMoly - July 06 2013 at 08:24
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
mxz174 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 19:01
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I can write a Zucker bio if you need one, Andy, though I figured this was an opportunity for other members or Collabs who are not on teams to get involved.   As per Lemming's comments about passion, I agree wholeheartedly and have almost no knowledge of Michael Zucker, and therefore not much passion.   However, I have listened to a few cuts and was sufficiently impressed to be willing to write him up for PA.   Let me know.

Here is a brief bio from ReverbNation.com that will help whoever does write it.   It has the important biographical information his website does not ;

Michael Zucker is a contemporary rock composer best known for his work with the video game themed band This Place is Haunted.   He is primarily a guitarist and singer but has also done a significant amount of work as a keyboardist, bassist and drummer.   Michael started his musical carrier by forming the alternative rock group Phyber Glass in the mid 90s.   That group played together up until 2001 when it disbanded.  

Michael next joined the international recording act Suture Seven as lead singer and worked on recordings and performed with that group during the release of their self titled album.    Michael went on to form the video game rock band This Place is Haunted with other founding member Epileptic Peat. The group still plays select shows.
During his work with several groups Michael also managed to produce a wealth of his own recordings and performed with his own material with several different groups.

Michael Zucker

I'm guessing this is something I can't write myself, right guys? 
Sorry I have no idea about the rules on here... someone just brought to my attention that you gents were discussing my music. 
Let me know if I can help in any way, I'd love to be listed on this site under "Heavy Prog"
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 19:23
Hey! If you give us permission to use that bio (assuming you wrote it) we can absolutely use it.
mxz174 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 20:35
Yes I wrote it, but quite a while ago.  It's not exactly up to date but you can use it. 
Thanks for asking, and thanks for including me on the site!
I have a new album on the way Sept 17th, let me know if you guys need any further information etc.

MZ
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 20:46
So how do you find approved bands needing biographies?
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 02:15
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=heavy_prog/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=pm/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=pr/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=raz/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=psych/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=neo/cleared

Thank you for your interest. Thumbs Up That's just some of the cleared artists. You could also keep an eye on suggestion threads and bump any artists you are particularly interested in. As Andy said in the OP, please contact team leaders before writing bios. Same thing if you have a special interest in any genres not represented above i.e. genre teams that don't use progfreak, please get in touch with team leaders/members.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 07:11
Originally posted by mxz174 mxz174 wrote:

Yes I wrote it, but quite a while ago.  It's not exactly up to date but you can use it. 
I have a new album on the way Sept 17th, let me know if you guys need any further information etc.

MZ
  you can include here an updated version of the above plus the pending album, up-to-date bios is best for the site Big smile
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 07:14
Originally posted by seventhsojourn seventhsojourn wrote:

http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=heavy_prog/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=pm/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=pr/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=raz/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=psych/cleared
http://progfreak.com/PA-50702.html?path=neo/cleared

Thank you for your interest. Thumbs Up That's just some of the cleared artists. You could also keep an eye on suggestion threads and bump any artists you are particularly interested in. As Andy said in the OP, please contact team leaders before writing bios. Same thing if you have a special interest in any genres not represented above i.e. genre teams that don't use progfreak, please get in touch with team leaders/members.
Fantastic work Chris! Andy, I think it is best if you copy/paste this to your opening post as well Big smile

Edited by aapatsos - September 04 2013 at 07:14
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 08:25
^ Cheers Thanos!

Btw, I didn't include the Crossover link because Olav tends to add their cleared artists.
mxz174 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 08:52
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

MZ
  you can include here an updated version of the above plus the pending album, up-to-date bios is best for the site Big smile

I didn't know how extensive of a bio you'd want, so please feel free to cut this back if it's too long:

Michael Zucker is a contemporary rock composer best known for his work with the video game themed band This Place is Haunted. He is primarily a guitarist and singer but has also done a significant amount of work as a producer, keyboardist, bassist and drummer.
Michael started his musical carrier by forming the alternative rock group Phyber Glass in the mid 90s. That group played together up until 2001 when it disbanded. Michael next joined the international recording act Suture Seven as lead singer and worked on recordings and performed with that group during the release of their self titled album.
Michael next went on to form the video game rock band This Place is Haunted with other founding member Epileptic Peat (You Bred Raptors?). The group still plays select shows most notable MAGFest (Music and Gaming Festival) each year in Alexandria VA.  Michael formed the progressive rock band The Art is Fire in 2010 alongside Max BERNSTEIN (Pollock), B.C. MARSHALL (Adrian Belew, King Crimson) and Anthony RODGERS-WRIGHT (Disco Biscuits)
During his work with several groups Michael also managed to produce a wealth of his own recordings and performed with his own material with several different iterations of The Michael Zucker Group.
In 2011 he started the record label Differential Productions with long time collaborator and drummer Timothy BIELEC.  The label is home to the popular progressive NYC trio You Bred Raptors? who have been featured in New York Magazine, Grammy nominated producer DJ Headfridge, and Geoff Barone who's debut LP has been featured in Progressive Magazine.
Michael Zucker's solo work has been featured in Colorado Music Buzz Magazine as well as the Colorado Art Rock Society publications.  He currently is an active member in This Place is Haunted, The Big Naturals and Dark Matter.

Discography:

Dualistic Interactionism - May 30, 2002
A Mighty Fortress is Our God - July 4, 2004
The Light of a Votive - Sept 1, 2006
Michael Zucker (self titled) - Aug 1, 2008
What Goes Up Must Never Come Down - Oct 2, 2008
Loss of Blood - Aug 1, 2009
A Subtle Blink to Numb Your Battered Eyes - Aug 15, 2009
Idle Hands - Aug 23, 2009
Traitor - Nov 1, 2009
Hell on Earth - Oct 1, 2010
Wide Open Spaces (Michael Zucker and Geoff Barone) - May 1, 2010
Machine Learning - July 1, 2010
Experiments in Nothingness (The Michael Zucker Quartet) - Feb 1, 2011
benzodiazepine - March 1, 2011
Cassegrain Kaleidoscope - May 24, 2011
Mind Rot - July 19, 2011
Resonant Cavities (The Michael Zucker Group) - June 5, 2012
Psalms of Gaia - June 21, 2012
Technocracy - June 26, 2012
Inner Demons - Nov 13, 2013
Clean - Dec 25, 2012
Nemesis (Michael Zucker and Headfridge) - May 7, 2013
All the King's Horses - Sept 17, 2013
Sparse Voxel Octree - TBD 2013
Orbital Echoes (Michael Zucker and Headfridge) - TBD 2013
Calypso Unraveling - TBD 2014

Videos:
All the King's Horses, 'Plump' official video -
Inner Demons, 'Phoenix' official video -

Links:
All records available via bandcamp: http://michaelzucker.bandcamp.com/
Official website: http://michaelzucker.com
Differential Productions: http://www.differential-productions.com

Edited by mxz174 - September 04 2013 at 09:29
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 16:37
added for heavy prog under the name Zucker, Michael (rather than TMZG) as I think most releases are under your name.

If you could add your discography (only released albums please for now), following the site rules, that would be much appreciated. When one release is not under Michael Zucker but MZ & someone else or TMZG, please add this in a parenthesis by the album title. Hope this is ok, any help we are here to assist Big smile

Edited by aapatsos - September 04 2013 at 16:38
mxz174 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 16:24
I've been adding in album info but as I went back over my submissions I found at least one thing that needs corrected, however when I try to edit the album info the site won't let me.

Also I'd like to add some video links but when i try I keep getting an error.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2013 at 02:15

I've been adding in album info but as I went back over my submissions I found at least one thing that needs corrected, however when I try to edit the album info the site won't let me.

Copy and paste a link to the album that needs to be edited here along with the correct data.

Also I'd like to add some video links but when i try I keep getting an error.

This has been an issue for quite some time. Only the owner can fix it.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2013 at 09:39
^ By the way, anything less than 25 minutes can be considered as an EP. Many of your releases should probably be classed as such.  

Also, for the repair of album covers please use the following thread:

Edited by seventhsojourn - September 11 2013 at 09:40
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2013 at 06:01
Cleared list in the Metal team is getting bigger - Olav, mind picking up 2-3 of your suggestions please? Big smile
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 14:24
Circle of Illusion Bio :

This band is lead by keyboardist and composer Gerald PETER. They released their first epic piece of music that tells the story of “Jeremias – Foreshadow of Forgotten Realms”, dealing with the ambivalence of human emotion. The band’s line-up is completed with Robert TRAXTER on guitar, Stephan FORST on bass, Aaron THIER on drums, Ulrike MULLNER on the e-violin, Taris BROWN, Carole COLE and Elga SHAFRAN are the lead vocals of the band, who are representing the characters Jeremias, Jelena and Sarah.

The music of Circle Illusion is on the border of a wide range of progressive style, from metal, to Jazz-funk-soul and cinematic music. We can find some influences from the bands HAKEN, DREAM THEATER and NEAL MORSE. Gerald PETER has worked on this album since 2008. In 2010, he met the singer Taris BROWN with whom he worked on the story. In 2011, the band was formed with top musicians to perform and record the album.

http://circleofillusion.com/
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 14:46
^ added with very minor edits, thanks so much for your help!!

Btw, I think the photo from FB was a bit more "professional" so added that
Garlop View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2014 at 13:42
Here is a bio for Lito Vitale, which has been recently cleared from Crossover prog:

Héctor Facundo Vitale, born December 1, 1961, Buenos Aires province , known as Lito VITALE, is an Argentine musician, composer and arranger. When he was 13 years old he co-founded MIA, which became popular within progressive rock audiences in the late 1970s.

By the eighties he started his solo career with "Sobre miedos, creencias y supersticiones" in 1980, included of collaborations of Manuel MIRANDA in saxophone, Marcelo TORRES in bass and Jota MORELLI in drums. An album in which he achieved a mix of GENESIS,YES, New Wave and Argentine folk music.He then continued through several formations as a trio, quartet, quintet and duo in the present.

In the 1990s, Vitale recorded several tango standards with Juan Carlos BAGLIETTO, and was awarded a Latin Grammy for their collaboration in 2000. Also during those years, Vitale recorded a more jazz-like project with Lucho GONZALEZ and flute player Rubén IZARRUALDE. This formation performed in the 1998 Montreaux Jazz Festival.

Sources: litovitale.com.ar, Wikipedia.

Time has no name and regret has no meaning
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 11:43
Garlop View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 11:55
Ohh nice thank you