Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTwisted Liberation - My new prog rock piece

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twisted Liberation - My new prog rock piece
    Posted: July 15 2013 at 03:30
http://soundcloud.com/kalle-mattila/twisted-liberation

I hope this isn't considered spamming as I previously posted this on the "Get the Word Out" section. However that post hasn't got any responses and I would be very interested in hearing what other prog fans think of this song. I promise not to post this again after this thread : D

So what we have here is an original composition/recording I completed about two weeks ago. I play all of the instruments (guitar, bass, keys, sax) myself and sing. The drum track was created using Toontrack EZDrummer. The existing artists this track reminds me most of are perhaps Gentle GIant and Dream Theater. Although a friend of mine remarked that he was reminded of David Bowie and old TV-tunes : D 

Like I said, I would really like to hear some comments by people over here. Especially as this is probably my most "prog" song so far. If you like it, feel free to also check out my other tunes on the site. Out of the Woods, Olet Väärässä and Päätelmien Kehä are original compositions. 

Anyone? (:
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 07:43
Wow! I like it a lot, very nice job Clap
I don't hear much of GG or DT though, except for maybe some guitar bits. It reminds me of some fusion, say some of Allan Holdsworth stuff (have you heard his album Metal Fatigue?) but with a more metal-oriented guitar. Nice keyboards and drum programming too, congratulations! 
St.Cleve Chronicle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 08:49
Thanks a lot! (: I haven't heard Metal Fatigue but I remember giving a couple of other Holdsworth albums a listen (16 Men of Tain and Road Games, I think). I wasn't really reminded of them while making this but that's interesting to hear anyway : D maybe I should check out MF...
CKnoxW View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2013 at 16:42
The harmonies are super Yes-e. Strong composition though
 Post Reply Post Reply