Topic ClosedBreaking Orbit - Brisbane June 21, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaking Orbit - Brisbane June 21, 2013
    Posted: July 17 2013 at 22:14
Breaking Orbit, Brisbane June 21, 2013

It was my first time seeing Breaking Orbit live and they didn't disappoint.  The music from their debut 'The Time Traveller' translated very well to a live setting, and after doing a number of tours of late, the band was very tight.

One of the highlights for me was seeing the interplay between drummer Mark Tyson and guitarist Dylan Mitrovich, who also possesses his own mini drum kit for use in a number of songs.  Together these two create some incredible polyrhythms, which I expected might not appear in a live setting until I saw the second kit lurking near Dylan's rig.

There were also a couple of new songs and these gave me a great anticipation for the next album.  One of these began with Dylan and singer/guitarist Matt alternating a crunching, odd-timed staccato riff that cleverly metamorphosed into another catchy rhythmic number.

There was a good vibe throughout and the band related well to the crowd, even going so far as to invite us to join them for a beer after the show.

Below is a shot I took of some blue lights (and the band is in there somewhere too!).  Smile

Hibernal http://hibernal.bandcamp.com
"This is a stunning work of art" - Muzik Reviews
"A precious gem" - Dante's Prog
 Post Reply Post Reply