Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 50>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 16:18
Just as basket and Jordan, I only follow the game when there's a player that makes me and since I came to the US it has been Manning. I hope he gets his second ring. 
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 15:55

Go Hawks!!!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 10:57
Oh that's right.  Super Bowl is this weekend.  I almost forgot.  Ho hum.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 10:54
Have no real vested interest in the game and I'd be pretty happy if Seattle wins, but....I guess I'm pulling for the Broncos.
I'd like to see Peyton get #2, and now that he's no longer on the evil empire...Wes Welker can finally get that ringLOL

But I like Pete Carroll, Wilson, and the Seahawks team so long as it's a good game I really would be fine with either!
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 07:41
Originally posted by horsewithteeth11 horsewithteeth11 wrote:

Extremely long, but worth reading. Definitely the best breakdown of the game I've seen so far.

Bill Barnwell is one my favorites as well.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 22:20
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

It is indeed believed Diehl is retiring. 
Look, gotta be thankful for the longevity and willingness to play anywhere. I really do admire those traits, and I recall him taking a pay cut to stay on the team. Damn noble. 
He has been poor and progressively worse yearly since 2010LOL so I can say thanks for the first SB...he was mainly a road block for the second one but whatever right? So long long time Giant
I'd hate to see Tuck go but I would not pay him big bucks
Indeed, the battle of the trenches is still critically important. Esp for Peyton. He has that fortress of an O line and Seattle isn't the best pass rushing team (I think that's SF) but they do enough. Besides if that secondary can rough up Denver it'll  blow up his rhythm and all. Fascinating game IMO

I suppose with Gilbride gone and Diehl going I should be happy regardless of what other changes occur.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 22:07
Extremely long, but worth reading. Definitely the best breakdown of the game I've seen so far.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 19:08
http://sports.yahoo.com/tumblr/photoset-a-seattle-area-trash-company-got-literal-with-183133690.html
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 18:16
It is indeed believed Diehl is retiring. 
Look, gotta be thankful for the longevity and willingness to play anywhere. I really do admire those traits, and I recall him taking a pay cut to stay on the team. Damn noble. 

He has been poor and progressively worse yearly since 2010LOL so I can say thanks for the first SB...he was mainly a road block for the second one but whatever right? So long long time Giant

I'd hate to see Tuck go but I would not pay him big bucks

Indeed, the battle of the trenches is still critically important. Esp for Peyton. He has that fortress of an O line and Seattle isn't the best pass rushing team (I think that's SF) but they do enough. Besides if that secondary can rough up Denver it'll  blow up his rhythm and all. Fascinating game IMO
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 17:56
A little giants news before the big game.

Justin Tuck is expected to test free agency, Nicks is not expected to come back to the team, and they are expected to re-sign kicker Josh Brown.

And perhaps the best news David Diehl has announced his retirement.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2014 at 13:29
One thing we can rule out is Manning running the ball like Kaepernick. Should be a great battle. I think the real story will be in the trenches. They hardly ever get any mention but I think the game is decided right there. Go hawks.......
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2014 at 07:45
Been quite busy, cursed real life getting in the way of internet.  

But needless to say here the SB is getting a huge amount of buzz, and for all the wrong reasons!
The weather for game day has consumed 97% of all talk. The media is basically a bunch of wusses (shocker I know) because even though a cold snowy game is the sh*t and "real football" and "old school" that everyone loves....when it's their time to deal with it apparently it's the anti christErmm

Anyway it has been bitterly cold here and snowy, but forecasts seem to indicate a game in the 30s, maybe some chance for a little snow. Seems perfect! It has been funny though to see weather people treated as rock stars during this timeLOL

Should be one helluva game. Class best vs best. Seattle's long physical defense secondary may have a bigger challenge since Denver has some big physical offensive players. Could be a real battle.
Not to mention Denver's run stoppage vs lynch, and can they get any pressure on Seattle's poor O line? Or how well can Denver's immacualte o line hold up against the Seattle pass rush? Can Moreno run the ball?
Lot of intriguing matchups!
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2014 at 11:26
Here's a bit of comic relief. LOL

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 23:03
I believe that a lot of what Sherman does on the field is an act to get into people's heads and to also get people to talk crap or whatever to create motivation for himself and for his teammates.  The guy is brilliant, physically and mentally.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 21:42
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Unrelated: Richard Sherman is a dickbag and I find it kind of funny how so many blast Kaepernick for being a jerk lol 
Helluva player though. He single handily ended that game
I don't think he's that much of a jerk. What impresses me about him is the fact that he's not the most athletic corner in the league by any means, but he's a master at preparation and baits QBs into making bad decision, as the end of that game proved. For the most part though, he's fairly eloquent with the media and strikes me as a rather intelligent person. Go read some of his Monday Morning QB articles for proof of that.
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 19:17
^ Yup, i'll take the team with the better defence everytime.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 18:50
cut and paste

So what? So, pay attention to history. Peyton Manning is the fourth quarterback in NFL history to reach the Super Bowl after leading the league that season in touchdowns and yards passing. The others were Dan Marino (1984), Kurt Warner (2001) and Tom Brady (2007).

Quick now, what do all three have in common? Yep, they were the quarterbacks nobody could stop ... until somebody did. All three were Super Bowl losers, and therein lies a lesson that shouldn't be forgotten: Namely, that great defense trumps great quarterbacks. Looks like it's time for a refresher course.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 18:38
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I agree on Wilson, certainly he has filled these first two yrs with a lot of class, very comparable to a Brees for sure. We all know how he feels about Drew Brees.

If the Hawks get help/improve the O line he will be a top QB for sure. Will he have the numbers that a Peyton or Drew, most yards, TDs....time will tell, not sure he is that kind of QB.

Peyton won the big one, he has not won multiples yes, but a SB win is a huge thing. Drew is an elite QB, will he win multiple SB? Doubt it, unless the Saints revamp their D and very soon......Peyton and Drew are getting long in tooth LOL

Ya, I'm not sure Wilson is the type of QB that will put up Brees/Peyton/Brady kind of numbers...it might be that his greatest gifts as a QB are his leadership qualities, preparation, and ability to elevate all the players around him.  One thing that really impresses me about him is that he scrambles to buy time to find an open receiver, not to take off downfield.  That's a tough thing to teach a 2nd year QB...most of them can't check down receivers...if the primary target is covered they take off running.  Some of his scrambles remind me exactly of Fran Tarkenton or even Elway in his early years before he slowed down.  When you can get receivers in tune with a QB that scrambles to buy time, good things will happen.

I hear you about Drew and the Saints D as well...look at Elway's career...he carried the Broncos to the SB 3 unsuccessful times and it wasn't until he got some big names on D (Neil Smith, Romanowski, Atwater) that he was able to get over the top.  A great QB just cannot do it alone (though that's what the sports media makes it sound like).

And yes, Peyton, Drew, and Brady are all running out of time...soon the young guns will be taking their place and I think Wilson is poised to become one of the premier new breed of QB's.  Run 1st QB's are exciting but I just don't see the longevity in their careers because they take too many big hits.  When I saw all the Tebow games in that magic 2011 season I kept thinking, "ya this is super exciting...but there's no way this guy will play more than 3 years without serious injury".  Look at Peyton, I don't believe he even got knocked down once yesterday.  A solid O line can make a good QB look great...and a great QB look unbeatable.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 17:43
I agree on Wilson, certainly he has filled these first two yrs with a lot of class, very comparable to a Brees for sure. We all know how he feels about Drew Brees.

If the Hawks get help/improve the O line he will be a top QB for sure. Will he have the numbers that a Peyton or Drew, most yards, TDs....time will tell, not sure he is that kind of QB.
Peyton won the big one, he has not won multiples yes, but a SB win is a huge thing. Drew is an elite QB, will he win multiple SB? Doubt it, unless the Saints revamp their D and very soon......Peyton and Drew are getting long in tooth LOL
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 17:22
^ Glad the Hawks were able to make an Emerald City prog fan happy Thumbs Up

It's funny, I was never much of a Peyton fan till I closely watched him play for the Broncos these past 2 seasons.  His constant audibles and shifting the players around is awesome (when it works).  To be able to play at such a high level and set all those records after the horrific neck surgeries and a whole season away from the game is nothing short of incredible.  I'd love to see him get another ring - if nothing else than to silence the Peyton haters who say he can't win the big one.  Realistically, the Broncos have maybe 2 more years as an elite SB caliber team - assuming Peyton keeps playing healthy...after that we'll probably take a hard slide to an average 8-8 team.

On the other side of the ball, Russell Wilson is such a class act and so savvy & talented for such a young QB I only see him getting better and better.  Living near Seattle, I see many interviews with him on the news and he's incredibly impressive in both his physical abilities and mental approach to the game.  He could really fulfill his destiny and become the next Drew Brees or better...and with the Legion of Boom in place, I have a strong feeling this could be the 1st of several Seahawk trips to the SB over the next few years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 50>