Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 50>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 21:52
I never was one for specific predictions (how the NFL is these days, a team can honestly be 6-10 or 10-6 basically on the flip of a switch) but guess I'll jump on:

NFC EAST:
Redskins (realistically)
Giants (better potential but so many ?s)
Cowboys
Eagles (too much change and ?s for now)

NFC South
Falcons
Saints
Buccs
Panthers

NFC North
Pakcers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

NFC West, the fun division
49ers
Seahawks (will be damn good but just cant quite top everything SF has)
Rams
Cardinals (even they will be improved, good D, Off should be better, this may be a crazy division)

AFC East, as usual one of the worst and least fun divisions
Pats
Phins, may have some improvement
Bills, god knows what we're getting
Jets, LOL   

AFC North, hm this is a pretty tough one IMO
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
ANY of those 3 can really take this
Browns

AFC South
Texans
Colts
Jags
Titans   honestly idk, those last 2 can go either way

AFC West
Broncos

uh wow IDK this division is always insane/awful
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:01
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Not everyone loves the Ravens, just the league
But again, this is coming from you. You see no bias here?

Honestly, I'm pretty much neutral on BAL and I've seen nothing largely pro them in terms of good calls and etc compared to anyone else. The refs just suck man.
Besides why on Earth would the league favor them anyway? They aren't a national team, even till the end Ray Lewis still had a bad rep with a lot of people, Flacco (at least before the SB win) was deff not a stud/superstar while someone like Big Ben was. In fact the Ravens always ran their mouths about the reffing and how they are unfavored. Remember 07 "its tough to play the Pats and the refs"? If anything the NFL should dislike the RavensLOL I havn't seen a favorability to them, nor do I see why there would be.

The Pats, Packers and Saints off the top of my head have had the most favored status of the league.

manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:18
Not to sound biased but f**k BALTIMORE!

I don't think Ben's a superstar outside of the Pittsburgh area, btw. Think his rep is still pretty bad. His sucking in 2 out of the 3 Super Bowl's he's been to holds him back, as well. Don't get me wrong, he's led us to great things and we'd have gone nowhere without him but man can he ever be frustrating.

Time always wins.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:33

I don't think Ben's a superstar outside of the Pittsburgh area, btw. Think his rep is still pretty bad. His sucking in 2 out of the 3 Super Bowl's he's been to holds him back, as well. Don't get me wrong, he's led us to great things and we'd have gone nowhere without him but man can he ever be frustrating.

Maybe not, but he's a superstar on ESPN.

And Manning shredding the Ravens makes me feel so good inside.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:42

haha fair enough but Ben vs Flacco, one deff has a bigger appeal and sorry it is not Joe.  

Oh I do understand. Eli was invaluable for 2 SB wins (2 for 2 btw) and with how crap the Giants have been overall, without him we'd have like 4-5 wins the last 2 years. Sincerely, he bailed us out of so many games that should've been losses. Not to mention our sh*t OC, leaving us in constant 3rd and longs and he just makes that throw to convert. Yet he's still a bit streaky and still makes throws that defy logic. Frustrating I know oh too well.

See take this game. How on Earth was that obvious Wes drop called a catch? Crazier is how it went unchallenged but still, what a bad call and the game literally turned on that bad call. Though Flacco still doesn't seem quite on and Peyton is on fire. 5 TDs in 3 quarters??

Edited by JJLehto - September 05 2013 at 22:43
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 23:20
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Maybe not, but he's a superstar on ESPN.

You're clearly getting a different version of ESPN than I am. He's never even brought up when they discuss elite QBs. It's Brady, Peyton (despite he's awful postseason history), Brees, and Rodgers (1 SB and he leapt right past Ben into the convo somehow).

Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

And Manning shredding the Ravens makes me feel so good inside.

Me too but what an idiot that Denver LB is. When will these guys learn? Be more like Barry Sanders and Larry Fitzgerald: get the TD and hand the ball to the ref.

Edited by manofmystery - September 05 2013 at 23:20

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 23:32
Aw cmon Peyton, keep throwing! Gret a 7th TD, ideally to one of my fantasy WRs :P
Edit: Thanks man! I knew he was reading thisLOL

Well I do believe in terms of pure skill, Rodgers is probably the best QB in the NFL, with Brees being up there.
IDK where exactly Peyton and Brady rank (though Brady is lower) but I dont have em 1/2 as most people/the media do. I always gave Peyton some botd at Indy, that team was pretty crap recently...they wouldnt even make the post season without him. He has gone to 2 SBs and has had post season success, when the team was better.
If he flops again though, I'll admit there has to be SOME validity to the claim. Also we've seen QBs (Rodgers, Eli, Ben and even Brady) go to the SB and even win some with pretty poor teams around em.

Edited by JJLehto - September 05 2013 at 23:39
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 23:48
I don't care about any of Peyton's individual achievements, he has done so little considering the teams he has been on. Had the best team in the AFC for about a decade, with constant dome-field advantage, and managed 1 Super Bowl win against possibly the weakest team to make a Super Bowl. Then he goes to the best team in the AFC last year and also blows it. Outside of 2-3 games he has been nothing but a screw-up in the playoffs and the way he has ended the last two playoff games he's played gives that statement more than SOME validity. He'll get you through the regular season, put up all the stats MVP voters love, film a billion commercials, but when the playoffs roll around you're better off calling up his brother.

Edited by manofmystery - September 05 2013 at 23:49

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 00:08

But isnt that the debate? Individual achievements? When we're trying to determine actual skill, isn't that the point?

We're not talking clutch ability or how good the team was. Romo is a very good QB after all but has terrible clutch performance, doesnt take away from his actual skill, just his intangibles. Whatever, really not gunna debate it after this.  
It's understood, if you're realistic, how good Peyton is. After Edge left they never had a real run game, and  they NEVER had a real defense...just 2 edge rushers and Bob Sanders. Recall the joke, Peyton was the most important defensive player, because without him in control the Colts entire D falls apart (because they suck honestly).
He ran such a simple offense, yet people still couldn't stop it.

And of course I dont buy the whole "weak opponent" stuff. What do you want? That Bears team had a great defense, great run game, and effective enough QB. Isnt that the classic football we all moan about being gone??? Ive said this before as well, this is not the BCS! There are playoffs. We can say x was really better, y was a joke but they beat the teams to make it there, what else can you ask for? That be that!

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 00:12
All I know is given how absolutely sh*t the Giants secondary is...I am not looking forward to the manning bowl Unhappy
The D line better step up and pummel him or else Peyton will have 10 TDs against usLOL

Also I never make serious SB predictions this early in the season so for kicks: SF vs Denver, with SF winning.
I'd say a real manning SB, played here in NJ but that's just a bit too silly even for me
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 16:12
A national writer who predicts that the Detroit Lions will win the NFC North.  How is that for going out on a limb?

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/03/the-mmqbs-2013-predictions-and-preview-spectacular/4/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 16:50
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

A national writer who predicts that the Detroit Lions will win the NFC North.  How is that for going out on a limb?
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/03/the-mmqbs-2013-predictions-and-preview-spectacular/4/

Well he could have been more ridiculous by picking the jags to win their division.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 17:58
The game i'm most looking forward to this weekend is Atlanta going into New Orleans. I do think Atlanta will win but New Orleans will be pumped having their coach back, it could be a really good game.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 18:33
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

The game i'm most looking forward to this weekend is Atlanta going into New Orleans. I do think Atlanta will win but New Orleans will be pumped having their coach back, it could be a really good game.

Ditto. I almost feel cheated that it's a week one game though.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2013 at 11:00
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

That's not going to happen, but the Colts are most definitely not going to the superbowl.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 13:57
At the airport so can't follow the games, and sadly my g men will be playing when I'm in the air...so guess all I can say lets go giants, start the season well with the usual cowboys ass kicking in their hellish joke of a stadium!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 14:02
The Lions just scored a touchdown to take a 20 - 14 lead over the Vikings.  They should be up by 3 or 4 touchdowns but they shot themselves in all 4 paws in the first half to do everything that they could do in their power to give this game to the Vikes.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 14:05
Oops. They took the touchdown away from them.  So they had to score on the next play and now the above statement stands.  LOL
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 14:19
Yeah!!!! Reggie Bush just went 77 yards on a screen pass for a touchdown!   This is totally unheard of.  In my lifetime, the Lions have never ever ever known how to run a decent screen play.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 17:18

^Loved it!  Week 1 divisional win over the Vikings to start the year! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 50>