Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 50>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 23:22
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Who are the niners upsetting?

No the upset because of course now no one will side with them.
Have to keep things hipster and not go with the popular choice of course!

Relax relax relax, I spent many posts (because I had to beat all you rabid dogs away) explaining why I like the Seahawks and they are obviously the best team in the NFL (yes even over Denver) so just chill the heck out LOL

Works for me...I'm hoping for a Bronco - Seahawk SB so I can't lose...meanwhile, I'll just have to settle for watching my Bronco's have some fun with the Raiders tomorrow night Wink
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 23:54
I know the 49ers beat the Packers in week 1, but now that they're both 1-2, the Packers look MUCH better than the 49ers.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 01:19
Oh those Giants. Hopefully this will at least be rock bottom.

And how about those 49ers/A Smith situation? (Smith suspended indefinitely while he attends a clinic to deal with his apparent drug issues.)
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 10:33

Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

McNabb and Reid are the best qb and coach that have ever been associated with the Eagles. I think it's hard to deny that.

Anyway, that game shaked out about how I expected it to.

Yeah you told me once before people in Philly seem to be more appreciative than Eagles fans in PA (outside Philly) or the fans here in NJ. Which could be, but yeah people always hated on McNabb

I certainly am not looking forward to playing KC. Alex Smith takes conservative passing back 40 yearsLOL but that D is pretty damn good. I wanna say as better teams play em they cant maintain this but we'll see!
Thank god for the Panthers...and Raiders and Vikings. Giants should have at least 3 wins this yearCry

If the Panthers shut out the Giants and sack Eli 6 times in a half, then that Chiefs game should be lol.

"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 10:33
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I know the 49ers beat the Packers in week 1, but now that they're both 1-2, the Packers look MUCH better than the 49ers.

49ers have so many injuries. It's hard to score when your top 3 skill position players are injured. I'm surprised at how their defense is being physically beaten though.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 10:40

Thank god for the Panthers...

Ouch.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 13:02
After dealing with obnoxious yinzers for years on the net and here(lots of Steelers fans in Bmore,go figure),nothing warms my heart more than seeing that team turn into the flaming pile of sh*t they are now.

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 13:27
What comes around goes around^
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 15:25
^^
Yikes...my Stillers suck, guess we were due for some lean years.  Who is the #1 college draft pick next year?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 15:44
Bridgewater, but Jax has that pick locked up. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 15:51
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

I was a little nervous (again) in that win in Washington today.  The Lions can't just end a game, they like to take it to the wire.
Their first win in history in Washington.  I was at the Tigers' game so did not see any of the Lions' game.  It sounds as though RGIII is half the quarterback he used to be this year.  The Lions are historically awful on the road (even more awful than they are at home) so even beating a bad Washington team is a big win for them.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 19:33
Looking forward to another terrible MNF game.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 21:57
Wow, didn't think Pryor would amount to diddly in the NFL (hell I never thought a team would take him even) and being on the Raiders is even worse...but he actually looks like a competent passer.
In fact, he's still super inexperienced but in terms of raw talent he seems to have good awareness, vision and accuracy ...including a solid deep ball. Color me impressed.

In terms of game itself yeah this has been a sh*t fest. Could've been a blowout early in the first if Denver didn't call some, erm very questionable plays LOL
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 22:02

Bridgewater, but Jax has that pick locked up. 

Yup

I hear it's a strong QB class though. Then again I thought Matt Barkley and Landry Jones were supposed to be studs and went in 4th round so IDKLOL

I'm not sure his year but that Manziel is supposedly good, also heard Derek Carr thrown around and McCarron from Alabama.

If the Panthers shut out the Giants and sack Eli 6 times in a half, then that Chiefs game should be lol.

Well, I was assuming the Giants O line sucked....little did I know they apparently had a pact to get Eli murdered.
No doubt this year is shot, the only chance we have of getting wins is, well against the NFC East honestly.
Besides that we need some teams with no pass rush, like the Packers...and we play em all.

I am praying Suh is suspended by the time we get to the LionsLOL if not...maybe just sit Eli (for his physical well being) and give our draftee a trial by fire!

Edited by JJLehto - September 23 2013 at 22:07
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 00:19

Wow, didn't think Pryor would amount to diddly in the NFL (hell I never thought a team would take him even) and being on the Raiders is even worse...but he actually looks like a competent passer.
In fact, he's still super inexperienced but in terms of raw talent he seems to have good awareness, vision and accuracy ...including a solid deep ball. Color me impressed.

In terms of game itself yeah this has been a sh*t fest. Could've been a blowout early in the first if Denver didn't call some, erm very questionable plays LOL

The game was about what I expected from my Broncos...though I did think Clady's replacement would play much worse...then again he blew one pass coverage pretty badly and Manning got smacked from the blind side.  I bet the Denver press jumps all over that.  The Raiders played with a lot more heart than I expected and Pryor looks much better than I thought he would.  If he doesn't have a concussion from that nasty hit late in Q4, the Raiders might actually be able to beat the Redskins next week in Oakland.

Had to laugh as they kept showing Charles Woodson...he worked out with the Broncos last offseason and signed with the Raiders instead...wonder if he was thinking "I could have been 3-0 now" LOL
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 07:17

Yeah I still don't get this obsession with running QBs especially when you have one like Pryor who can apparently throw it well after all. I mean if it's an open lane, go for it but the planned QB run?? They seem to rarely work and in his case, left him walking into a blitz. Stupid. I was surprised how he stood in the pocket and always looked for the pass. Cool to see a running QB work on his passing game and not be in a tailored system. That big ten mentalitySmile

The after effects are settling in now, Giants getting slammed by everyone for their lack of heart and a few players even agree. Not the first time they've been accused of this but the first time some are owning up to it. If you try and fail or just suck well....ok, but if you are going out there and just not caring, awfully hard to stay and support.

I almost wanna pray they just are terrible and the Giants "not caring" is wrong because if you ever need extra incentive to play...Tom Coughlin lost his brother a few days ago in a freak accident, who's funeral he attends today.

On a lighter note, Jacoby Jones has been hit over the head with a bottle by a stripper. We can joke since he's apparently OK and more proof that the most epic, or terrible, things happen after 2 am.

Edited by JJLehto - September 24 2013 at 07:19
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 08:18
The Giants had some big question marks on their roster coming into the season. This shouldn't be a surprise. We usually ignore it every year because the Giants seem to be able to overcome their glaring weaknesses for stretches of games. They still might end up winning the division. I've counted them out too many times to see them turn it around instantly in the past. 
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 08:27

The Giants had some big question marks on their roster coming into the season. This shouldn't be a surprise. We usually ignore it every year because the Giants seem to be able to overcome their glaring weaknesses for stretches of games. They still might end up winning the division. I've counted them out too many times to see them turn it around instantly in the past. 

If there's ever a team for whom the regular season is meaningless, it's the Giants.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 09:03
The Lions lost their leading pass receiver, Nate Burleson, to an auto accident this morning.  Apparently, he was driving home from a friend's house after watching MNF last night and lost control of his car and broke his arm in two places.  It does not appear that alcohol was a factor, but I am thinking that he probably dozed off or something.  
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 09:22
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

If there's ever a team for whom the regular season is meaningless, it's the Giants.

You're right Pat and Pat, poor play shouldn't be a surprise but guess I was taken aback by how shockingly poor it's been. I wanna say this year feels different, though. This line is a different level of bad, and offense really has to get on the same page. The D is looking worse than usual even, to boot.

That said, just 2 years ago the defense went from 32nd to '85 bears over night so who knows, really I'm putting this season on the shoulders of the trenches and if they can at least keep Eli from getting killed, and if the pass rush can get turned on.
I'm skeptical of a division win, pains me but Dallas looks to be the best of us, though obviously they can never be expected to win when it matters.

Edited by JJLehto - September 24 2013 at 09:23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 50>