Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 50>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 10:50
I'm skeptical of the Dolphins. But I'm more skeptical of Rob Ryan actually being competent. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 10:51
Yeah I'm not terribly high on the Phins. They did beat Atlania BUT I'm not terribly high on Atlanta haha
Glad you see the hype is all that, Rob Ryan wasn't really ever good.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 11:06
The Dolphins were my favorite AFC team back in my childhood days.  I can't say that I really pay all that much attention to them anymore but I am glad to see that they are 3 and 0, even though I know nothing about the team or anyone on it.  LOL  Mostly just residual feelings in that regard. 

In regards to the Lions being 3 and 1, the locals are already carving the team name on the Super Bowl trophy.  I am glad to see that they are 3 and 1, but will wait until the halfway point of the season before deciding whether to hop on the bandwagon or not.  The Lions visit Lambeau next week; a place where they haven't won since 1991.  The Packers are down so far this year, but if the Lions can actually pull off a win next week I think that will definitely be a sign of the upcoming apocalypse.

Edited by rushfan4 - September 30 2013 at 11:06
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 11:12
Its MNF, unless its Denver vs, I don't see a blowout. Teams tend to hype up for MNF and again at least this is not Den vs Oak Shocked

Brees throwing 400 hmmm, sounds like Fantasy football talk...Big smile.....Maybe he throws for 350 and 3 TD, but you never know, it is in the Dome.

Saints 31-23
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 11:29
Yeah lets keep the fantasies on the nfl fantasy thread.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 12:17
Ya know there was a time when 350 and 3 TDs was, well not abnormal but surely a damn nice day. Now, it's really not a stretch at all. For someone like Brees it's practically become expected.
I really am excited, a true test for Miami and I just think they'll come up pretty far short.

Well Scott, we all know where the word "fan" comes from. This is every team ever, regardless of sport. A few wins and the title is basically being given to them, a few losses "wow why is this coach here? We should sell this awful team" LOL
Far as I can tell Scott the Lions are still built mainly on Matt & Calvin as well as their d line and not much else. Like the Texans, that can't last you need a bit more balance...except Detroit's D isnt as good but the offense may be more explosive. To quote Tool "I could use a vacation" so sure...bring on the apocalypse and  Lions SB win!

Edited by JJLehto - September 30 2013 at 12:17
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 13:45
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

In regards to the Lions being 3 and 1, the locals are already carving the team name on the Super Bowl trophy.  I am glad to see that they are 3 and 1, but will wait until the halfway point of the season before deciding whether to hop on the bandwagon or not.  The Lions visit Lambeau next week; a place where they haven't won since 1991.  The Packers are down so far this year, but if the Lions can actually pull off a win next week I think that will definitely be a sign of the upcoming apocalypse.

And because the Packers are only 1-2 and they're playing in Lambeau next week, I'm counting that as an automatic loss for us.  I just don't see them dropping to 1-3.  As the Lions demonstrated yesterday, they have a tough time holding on to a lead, no matter how big.  Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic to beat the Bears yesterday because, frankly, I didn't expect it.  But the Packers are a much more disciplined team than the Lions and I don't think this game will end any differently than the previous twenty or so trips to Lambeau.  That's our wedge to winning the division:  the damned Packers.

Edited by MillsLayne - September 30 2013 at 18:13
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 22:01
Well whadya know?
After "this wont be a blowout!" and leave the fantasy away...

It's a blowout!!
Because cmon....in the end it's Ryan Tannehill vs Drew Brees. Kudos to the Phins and Tannehill is playing surprisingly well but...it's the Saints. You can't stop Brees, he can only falter. LOL   337 yds, 4 TDs before the 4th even begins. Machine
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 22:33
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Well whadya know?
After "this wont be a blowout!" and leave the fantasy away...

It's a blowout!!
Because cmon....in the end it's Ryan Tannehill vs Drew Brees. Kudos to the Phins and Tannehill is playing surprisingly well but...it's the Saints. You can't stop Brees, he can only falter. LOL   337 yds, 4 TDs before the 4th even begins. Machine

Yea I know.....My score prediction would have been wider but I listened to the talk about the Miami D, I really have not watched the Dolphins play this year. The D was good in 1st half.....then the D coach decided to do something else I guess Confused.

I am still a bit uneasy about the Saints secondary.....Ryan was picking them easy a few times. I have to go on record that my Cajun Coon-A$$ wife said it was gonna be a wipin'! LOLClap
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 23:01
I was being a bit silly but honestly I really don't think Brees can be stopped, he can miss or have off days but dude is not human. The speed he can just pile up points with, single handily blows games open and when ahead the D can just line up for the pass rush. That is how they have always rolled, the D may have holes, but they always play ahead. Of course if Brees does struggle the other side often can't carry the weight. The boom/bust of the QB dominant teamLOL

Edited by JJLehto - September 30 2013 at 23:04
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 01:33
The Bronco - Eagle game went about like I expected...though 52 points was a big surprise.  I had serious doubts our defense could stop Vick effectively...and he absolutely shredded us in the 1st half.  Really felt the absence of Von Miller's speed in the rush as Vick made us look really bad.  I was kinda shocked Vick still ran so well and he did a fine job passing too...he seems to have a lot left in the tank.  I had a feeling though that the Eagles D would fall apart in the 2nd half.  I've been a Bronco fan since '84 and I've seen it dozens of times...big nasty defenses sucking on those oxygen machines just can't play all 4 quarters.  Next up, Cowboys in Dallas.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 09:29
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

I was being a bit silly but honestly I really don't think Brees can be stopped, he can miss or have off days but dude is not human. The speed he can just pile up points with, single handily blows games open and when ahead the D can just line up for the pass rush. That is how they have always rolled, the D may have holes, but they always play ahead. Of course if Brees does struggle the other side often can't carry the weight. The boom/bust of the QB dominant teamLOL

All good points......When the Saints come here to Seattle that will be a good game I think. Possibly low scoring thru the first half...then I think one of them will bust out.
Should be a good test for Graham to go up against a tough secondary.....
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 13:35
Yeah, Seattle is the only team that can truly cover, and not just one defender like a team usually gets, they have a bunch! Truly impressive, it will be a great game that one.

Unlike Bills/Browns where I may choose to have my teeth pulled instead!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 13:45
Unfortunately since it's in Seattle the winner is already determined.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 17:43
You are probably right.....either way I win I guess, but prefer the Saints to win...oh well its just a game.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 18:05
Giants signed center Dallas Reynolds from the Eagles.
ZERO idea about him, but at least it's something to try and alleviate the o line issues. And hell, he can't be worse than what we've had thus far lol

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 01:27
More Giants o-line news...Snee placed on IR for needing a hip surgery that may be career ending, and Baas might need season ending neck surgery.

I'm leaning towards yes with them picking up that Reynolds guy.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 17:32
WOW
Giants could've won that easy...they were leading and had all the momentum. It was there for the taking and they f**ked it all up.

Eli had a great game, I thought almost all his passes were on the money, he threw some balls away and was pretty good with not making stupid decisions (of course those happened) but yeah, he had quite a game.
Shame there were so many drops, and penalties, and Jacobs fumbling without being touched.....and zero pass rush, and zero run game.
Oh right, you actually need all those things to winLOL
Just wow, what garbage! Some major changes have to happen. By changes I mean cuts, and Im thinking Tuck, Kiwanuka, Rolle (that pos) Webster...and probably Snee and Baas.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 17:36
Damn, this Denver/Dallas game has no defense.

Pats lose, without scoring a TD, Seattle loses their first, KC is 5-0. Pretty exciting week already and I'm stoked for Niners/Texans
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 17:45
I hate the Packers and Lambeau Field.  I hate it all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 50>