Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 50>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 11:10
Percy Harvin playing this week for the Seahawks and some returning offensive linemen. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 14:17
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

I heard today that KC hasn't played an over .500 team yet.

And they've really hit the backup qb lottery too.

Indeed, though ya never know...these Keenums exist! But yeah will be nice to put KC to a real test, one I do think they can pass. Denver isn't unbeatable. Well no one is, but they just don't have the feel of the 07 Pats. KC can bring some major pressure and Peyton may not be in prime form with his old legs
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 18:03
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

I heard today that KC hasn't played an over .500 team yet.

Yea I read that today also....I did not look closely but it could be teams that are all bunched up at 5-5, so they are fighting hard.
I have not watched a KC game...are they that good?
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 21:46
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Percy Harvin playing this week for the Seahawks and some returning offensive linemen. 

Percy Harvin coming in for Seattle worries me a little, only because he hasn't played all year long and it might disrupt the timing of some plays.  Could just be being a pessimist here, but it something I thought of.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 09:59
So is there any chance that the Packers can beat the Giants with a 3rd string quarterback who wasn't on the roster before last week?
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 10:13
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

So is there any chance that the Packers can beat the Giants with a 3rd string quarterback who wasn't on the roster before last week?

Yes.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 12:19
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

If you have to ask clearly you havn't watched the GiantsLOLCry
They sure as hell can, but it's more than just the QB...I know their WR corp is a little beat up, and their O line has not been protecting as well as their usual.

So, if the Giants can keep up stopping the run (which is their lone bright spot this year) and force Tolzien to step up, there is hope for us. Esp with that O line, maybe we can eek out some pass rush (though that's quite some wishful thinking on my part). All I've say is I feel OK about this game, hope not high but there's some. Thankful Rodgers is out for sure
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 12:24

Almost impressive game from Tennessee. They have a quietly good secondary, and that line seems to be fairly strong. Shame they don't really have a QB and a weak set of WRs. Could be a pretty good team!

Speaking of which, a big chance for Carolina to prove themselves. SF was a pretty good test, but the Pats are a different beast. Their D has been damn impressive but it's not been a threatening stretch either...If they can beat up Brady and co then I'll really be impressed!
Same with the Chiefs, some potentially epic games this weekend!
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 12:32
On behalf of the Atlanta Falcons, I kindly request we fast forward to next season.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 16:20
So great to have Andre Brown back Heart
our o line is still sh*t, it seems his avg distance before being hit is 1 foot, but he's such a solid and powerful back. And it's damn nice to see the Giants actually run the ball well again.

Geno Smith continues to be a rookie. The Detroit Calvin Johnson Lions lose to the Stillers and Tampa wallops the lowly Falcons.

Some good 4:30 games, tonight is the epic matchup and even tomm's has potential. Sweet football weekend
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 16:40
Yep, the Lions proved today that they're still far away from being one of the best in the NFC.  Just disastrous.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 16:54
Seahawks are fun to watch.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 20:38
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

Yep, the Lions Calvin Johnson proved today that they're still far away from being one of the best in the NFC.  Just disastrous.

Well pretty hard when the team is quite literally  4 or maybe 5 people but yes, I enjoy the weather vane that is "LIONS!!! CAN BEAT ANYONE PRETTY MUCH" and "clearly this is another 50 years of misery"

Another fairly uninspiring win over a lack luster team, but is what it is and I'll take it.
Shame to think if the Giants were any good at all could easily have only 1 or 2 losses but eh, just glad we've racked up at least a few.

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 04:02
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

On behalf of the Atlanta Falcons, I kindly request we fast forward to next season.

Let's wait until after the playoffs. I'm hoping a Cincinnati team will advance this year!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 08:47
Stillers go from last to 2nd in the division with win over the Lions  (I know, we have same record as Browns and Ravens, but have the tie breakers at the moment).  At least its keeping hope alive for the season, albeit false hope.

I think the Lions were mesmerized by those hideous Steeler uniforms yesterday...LOL
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 12:21

Not that it matters because MoM never accepts anything buuuuut:

A long while ago I said yall (Steeler fans) may hate Arians but things seemed pretty OK to me
Coaches and all play a role but get too much credit and blame
The Steelers, overall, will be fine. God forbid you have a couple of sub par years.

Well, ever since Todd Haley came on board I've heard nothing but wanting his head carried on a pike, esp this year with Pittburgh's offenseive struggles.
But now...they've turned it on and the exact same cast of players looks good suddenly!
And, they are now 4-6 with a not so bad schedule ahead. Not a good year at all, but gunna wind up OK. Certainly more than was expected after their bad start.

Maybe it was just a tad soon to be moaning about the end of the Steelers as we know it? Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 13:01
I saw this on FB and thought I'd share it.  Good ol' Maury. LOL

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 13:40
I'm still not sold on the idea that they're not. The Broncos prior to tonight had only played one good team and got beat by them so I don't buy the strength of schedule / paper tiger thing for the Chiefs. They lost by 10 points on the road to Denver when they turned the ball over twice in the red zone. We'll see what happens when they meet again at Arrowhead. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 14:46
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

A long while ago I said yall (Steeler fans) may hate Arians but things seemed pretty OK to me
Coaches and all play a role but get too much credit and blame
The Steelers, overall, will be fine. God forbid you have a couple of sub par years.

Well, ever since Todd Haley came on board I've heard nothing but wanting his head carried on a pike, esp this year with Pittburgh's offenseive struggles.
But now...they've turned it on and the exact same cast of players looks good suddenly!
And, they are now 4-6 with a not so bad schedule ahead. Not a good year at all, but gunna wind up OK. Certainly more than was expected after their bad start.

Maybe it was just a tad soon to be moaning about the end of the Steelers as we know it? Wink

I was OK with Arians as well, he and Ben had a good relationship and I think that was part of Ben's slow acceptance of Haley (if he has).  Ben not being the sharpest tool in the shed was/is struggling with the new offensive format or concept.  I am still undecided on Haley since our O line never can get cohesive due to injuries and can get the running game going.

The defense worries me more than the offense...

Yes, we are due some sub par years...LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 22:31
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

I'm still not sold on the idea that they're not. The Broncos prior to tonight had only played one good team and got beat by them so I don't buy the strength of schedule / paper tiger thing for the Chiefs. They lost by 10 points on the road to Denver when they turned the ball over twice in the red zone. We'll see what happens when they meet again at Arrowhead. 

Yeah, that was just round 1.  Round 2 in a couple of weeks.  I expect a close game, for sure.

BTW, the Panthers just beat the Patriots.  Everyone else in the NFC look out, this team is for real.  Kind of reminds me of when the Seahawks got red hot last year.

Edited by MillsLayne - November 18 2013 at 22:34
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 50>