Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 50>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 18:26
Bro, Detroit is on the upswing but you still don't have much of a team. Granted what you do have is super scary.

WOW. 500 yards and 5 TDs for Romo
I can't even be mad. I'm trying, but I'm just in too much shock.
This game currently has 96 points, and 9 TD passes. I'm praying Romo does what he does best, blow a win. But I gotta say,  that is some game. Also Denver's D apparently wants to rival the Giants in suckLOL
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 18:31
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

But I gotta say,  that is some game. Also Denver's D apparently wants to rival the Giants in suckLOL

You're telling me.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 18:51
Well...two good things for the giants in my eyes. They scored more than 7 points, and they are still only two games out of the division lead.

Of course, it would be helpful if they win a game or two in there. But hey...let's not get too nuts.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 18:52
ROMO BLEW IT!
LOL

Even when he has an amazing game, he still finds a way to lose it.
I really do feel bad, well almost. That can go down in the stat books as one of the greatest passing displays in history. It wasn't even a bunch of "garbage time" or heaving it to make a comeback, but a legit back and forth shoot out.
Then he throws a pick that costs them the game.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 19:03
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Well...two good things for the giants in my eyes. They scored more than 7 points, and they are still only two games out of the division lead.

Of course, it would be helpful if they win a game or two in there. But hey...let's not get too nuts.

IDK how much of it was the Iggles being poor, but the line held up MUCH better today.
The run blocking was still bad but it was better Dead and Eli wasn't under much pressure at all.
I made sure to keep an eye on Diehl and he held pretty decently, even opened up a nice hole for Jacobs.
Also Will Hill is back and he had a pretty great game, maybe he can be one bright side in our awful secondary.

51-48 Im still in awe. I hope SF/HOU is epic as well.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 20:25
^Nope.  Schaub's meltdown is the only epic part about it, so far.  Fourth straight game with a pick-six and he's thrown another INT since. 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 20:57
Yeah, this game is quite the snore.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 21:17
I was annoyed before to hear Kaepernick speak, but now I get annoyed to even see his face.  Maybe I'm just an a-hole, but probably not.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 21:55
haha yeah this is what I get for thinking the Texans are as good as we all say...I never could be totally on board and they keep proving me why.
Glad to SF dominating though. Honestly, the picks seem to be more defensive than Schaub making bad throws. Gore is running like a tank and Kaep seems to be back on track. I do love watching this team.

Yes, quite aware of the stat and he has since thrown a 3rd pick and been benched for Yates. Glad to see Eli isn't the only QB with these unbreakable INT stringsLOL

Edited by JJLehto - October 06 2013 at 21:57
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 23:20
Hawks lost the game before halftime......there are games where coaches just stop doing what they do.

Saints were not suppose to win by more than a FG, some did not think they would win......they are good, and I am happy.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 07:16
....Really?
Well I did lol
Nothing against Chicago, they actually look pretty good for once but Saints winning by a FG or not at all? Oh please.

rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 07:36
What a great game in Dallas, a nightmare for the defensive coachs, if they were any on the fields...
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 07:43

Bro, Detroit is on the upswing but you still don't have much of a team. Granted what you do have is super scary.

Sadly, no Calvin Johnson = no offense.  I am glad that I have held off jumping on the bandwagon.  I spent the day doing other nonproductive things rather than getting all stressed out and pissed off while watching the Lions being the same ol' Lions.  LOL 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 09:32

....Really?
Well I did lol
Nothing against Chicago, they actually look pretty good for once but Saints winning by a FG or not at all? Oh please.

Its the fantasy players in the office....I have never done fantasy football, but for some reason that is now turned into the official prediction method/discussion around the water cooler.

Since we don't get many Saints games in the PNW, I only get to see NFL redzone action......When I look at the stats it makes little sense how the Saints won...but yes I am glad they did.

49ers are on a roll, Hou is horrible, well very bad in the last two games. NFC West will be a tight race now...almost looked like the Hawks were gonna cruise. As I said the Hawks lost their game at halftime, 3 FG in 2 qtrs will win you very few games if none...

Really want the Jets to pull one out tonight, but in ATL does not seem viable.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:13
At least the Steelers did not lose yesterday, but then again they did not play....

Lets Go Pirates!
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:22
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

....Really?
Well I did lol

Its the fantasy players in the office....I have never done fantasy football, but for some reason that is now turned into the official prediction method/discussion around the water cooler.

Since we don't get many Saints games in the PNW, I only get to see NFL redzone action......When I look at the stats it makes little sense how the Saints won...but yes I am glad they did.

49ers are on a roll, Hou is horrible, well very bad in the last two games. NFC West will be a tight race now...almost looked like the Hawks were gonna cruise. As I said the Hawks lost their game at halftime, 3 FG in 2 qtrs will win you very few games if none...

Really want the Jets to pull one out tonight, but in ATL does not seem viable.

They're [Hou] a great team with a qb who was above average when he was in his prime. They look like an 8-8 type team right now.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:55

The NFC West never was gunna be a cruise IMO, the Niners don't have Crabtree or Aldon Smith. Assuming they come back this year and can perform, it'll be a boost on both sides of the ball, and they are already playing pretty well. And as sick as they are, Seattle does have a very conservative/limited offense though Wilson I believe has all the potential. Those teams + N'arlins are the tops in the NFC for sure.

While Peyton is on pace for 6000 yards and 60 TDsLOL apparently the only team that can stop Denver is Denver, I've never seen such headsratching defense.  I guess kudos to Dallas....the Broncos seemed to have em wrapped up and just let go. I swear a couple of times it looked like they were pushing the WRs off em! So many just stood there while Dallas ran by em, maybe feigning an attempt at a tackle. Deff a few times they stood like a statue, while balls flew right over them to a WR standing still, then run off.

Oh, and Romo could've made a sandwich, read war and peace and taken a cat nap before making his throws. That was some sublime blocking/attrocious pass rush. That was a Giants-esque level of bad play!!

Edited by JJLehto - October 07 2013 at 10:59
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 11:30
Agreed - I only saw a halfway decent pass rush at the end when Romo blew it.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 12:58
I guess they couldn't really get to Peyton either. His line is awesome but holy sh*t the way he can elude pressure and get that ball out so fast. I'm tempted to say no one can stop Denver, just hope to outscore em or that they stop themselves...but I'll keep the faith. Every offense can be stopped, maybe KC will do it!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 14:25
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Sadly, no Calvin Johnson = no offense.  I am glad that I have held off jumping on the bandwagon.  I spent the day doing other nonproductive things rather than getting all stressed out and pissed off while watching the Lions being the same ol' Lions.  LOL 

Yep, although while I knew they would lose that game yesterday, I sill got mad when I watched the highlights.  I should just skip the highlights when they lose. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 50>