Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 50>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 19:42
Thanks Colts for losing. The Bengals have a very good shot at the 2 seed in the AFC if they can finish strong.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 20:08
Way to give away the game in the first quarter.  Dead
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 21:55
Wow, this game just got really good!

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 22:03
Peyton's krypptonite 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 22:21
Wow
Peyton is more afraid to throw then a 13 year old boy asking out the hot girl in class.
....I'm tired and eaten up by cold, cut me some slack

Srsly, I know it's like 20 and windy but Brady seems to have no issue passing. Cmon Peyton, man up!
Edit: Hey whadya know, throwing it near Demaryius tends to work out well. Glad you remembered this now with 6 minutes left in the 4thAngry

Edited by JJLehto - November 24 2013 at 22:28
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 23:25
Denver will loathe this one...victory right there for the taking and a muffed return? What a dreadful way to lose it.
And my god, did he hand the ball of 50 times? Looked like Peyton and co was trying to let the Pats come back (then let em win). Well, was a helluva comeback
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2013 at 23:26
That game was insanely good.  Not the way I wanted it to end, but then again, nothing in sports have gone my way lately.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 01:44
Crazy end to that Lions game.

Who would have thought the hapless chargers would make it a shootout with the chiefs. I suppose the defensive injuries help, but still...

As for the gmen...Cruz really has to learn to hold on to the damn ball. Twice now it's been ripped from his hands...both in divisional games. Oh well...they are really more like a 5-11 team this year anyway.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 01:58
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Denver will loathe this one...victory right there for the taking and a muffed return? What a dreadful way to lose it.
And my god, did he hand the ball of 50 times? Looked like Peyton and co was trying to let the Pats come back (then let em win). Well, was a helluva comeback

I know he's Peyton Manning, but when your RB's are getting 6 yards a carry, why not? Sure they were dropping the ball all over the place, but so was Manning.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 07:33
IDK it's a tough one but sheesh, you have to admit didn't even look like he was trying outside of a few minute stretch. Just damn. Guess it just felt like such a buzzkill for an elite QB, especially when Brady was thriving despite the awful conditions. I hate all the comparison hype, but in this game I saw a QB afraid to throw until it was absolutely necessary and one that went for it despite early struggles.  

Hope tonight goes well, which would be SF crushing Washington.
Zero hope btw, not that I had any (I just was hoping to beat all our rivals) but honestly, wouldn't mind if from here out the Giants just tanked so we can try to get Clowney. Need help all over, but they love linemen so might as well start there. Love Tuck, and Kiwanuka, but they gotta go it seems. TY for the times guys but they simply don't produce anymore (can't count a 4 game stretch of decent play against awful opponents really). I figure: Tuck, Kiwanuka, Rolle, Webster, Diehl, Snee all gotta be let go. I was wrong about Nicks, we should have traded him for anything we could've gotten after all, dude apepars to have quit on the team.

Least the O line continued to improve, held up pretty well and opened some decent holes for Brown, who still is running like a madman. Thank god for that at least!

EDIT: I was shocked to see the KC result but then learned of injuries to Hali and Houston. That is basically their defense right thereLOL  what was more shocking was to see how they bounced back. 38 points??? Thought it was against their team rules to go that high! Didn't know Alex Smith could even physically throw the ball for so many yards

Edited by JJLehto - November 25 2013 at 07:40
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 08:15
Stillers still alive, game Thanksgiving night against the Ravens should be a usual brawl...if I can fight off the lazy boy and tryptophan effect and stay awake. Sleepy

The Broncos loss will come back to haunt them, how ironic that Welker's mistake ended the game.  I agree that Manning needs to man up in the elements,  even though the running game was working.   It does not look promising for the playoffs since most all the AFC leaders are outdoor cold weather stadiums (except the Colts).

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 08:25

It was all the short passes Peyton made as well, just felt lackluster. I guess it's the trouble of being up too big, you can be damned either way but for all the talk of elite QBs and etc etc really would expect more.

I'd gladly take Peyton, he's a legend, HoFer and gotta be the smartest QB in the game buuuuuuut, with a new team, an undeniably talented one to boot, failing to close out a 24-0 lead in another "big game" pains me to say but the reputation is building a bit...

Edited by JJLehto - November 25 2013 at 12:53
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 08:42
The NFL is not good for my blood pressure.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 08:46
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Welcome to the world all the rest of us live inLOL

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 08:54
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

QFT
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 16:01
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

IDK it's a tough one but sheesh, you have to admit didn't even look like he was trying outside of a few minute stretch. Just damn. Guess it just felt like such a buzzkill for an elite QB, especially when Brady was thriving despite the awful conditions. I hate all the comparison hype, but in this game I saw a QB afraid to throw until it was absolutely necessary and one that went for it despite early struggles.  

Hope tonight goes well, which would be SF crushing Washington.
Zero hope btw, not that I had any (I just was hoping to beat all our rivals) but honestly, wouldn't mind if from here out the Giants just tanked so we can try to get Clowney. Need help all over, but they love linemen so might as well start there. Love Tuck, and Kiwanuka, but they gotta go it seems. TY for the times guys but they simply don't produce anymore (can't count a 4 game stretch of decent play against awful opponents really). I figure: Tuck, Kiwanuka, Rolle, Webster, Diehl, Snee all gotta be let go. I was wrong about Nicks, we should have traded him for anything we could've gotten after all, dude apepars to have quit on the team.

Least the O line continued to improve, held up pretty well and opened some decent holes for Brown, who still is running like a madman. Thank god for that at least!

EDIT: I was shocked to see the KC result but then learned of injuries to Hali and Houston. That is basically their defense right thereLOL  what was more shocking was to see how they bounced back. 38 points??? Thought it was against their team rules to go that high! Didn't know Alex Smith could even physically throw the ball for so many yards

There's the big difference between Kansas City's defense and Cincinnati's defense. The Bengals lost their best two defensive players a few weeks back, but they are so deep all around on defense that it almost doesn't matter. I'm sure KC will figure it out in weeks to come, but I don't know if they can keep it up the same way Cincinnati did.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 16:42
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Nope.  And this Thursday, I won't be able to enjoy the Lions game at all (unless they blow out the Packers, which is still unlikely) until it's over, in which case I'll either be elated or just depressed for the rest of the day.  If the tradition continues, I'll be depressed by 1pm. LOL
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 16:43
Man I paid the price at work today for staying up late to watch that Patriots/Broncos game but it was so worth it. So tired today but that was a game that will be talked about for a long time. I quit watching it in the first half after Broncos went up 21-0 but when I checked back in the second half Patriots had already scored and were driving down the field again. Classic stuff.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 22:47
If it'll settle you Lion fans for once, you will  be playing the Giants in a few weeks. That's a guranteed win, and Calvin Johnson may end up breaking records in that game.

It's a huge blow for KC. Hali and Houston were 2 of the top 3 pass rushers in the NFL, can't really replace that but yeah they don't have much depth.

I said it last year, RGIII didn't impress. All runs, QB runs, and dink passes. They said it best in this game "its like watching college" how many screen passes were there and under 10 yarders??
Least it gives me some faith the G men can sneak another win this yearLOL

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2013 at 06:19
Dude, you really can't compare one season of suckiness with 50+.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 50>