Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 50>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 09:08
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Looking forward to tonights game. KC has a solid D, can they limite the Eagles? Or more so, can their efficient short passing game keep em off the field? Oh and Reid is back blah blah should be good

Pretty sure the Chiefs win easily. They just have more talent, especially on defense.

For sure, I really do like em this year but still...if the points rack up can Alex Smith respond?
I don't particularly look forward to playing them either.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 11:13
He won a in a shootout vs the Saints two years ago. KC doesn't have the same downfield threats that SF did, but I woulnd't say no absolutely. My main point though is that I think the Eagles O struggles some against the KC defense. I expect a lot of backfield penetration at C and RG. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 11:35
That he did, and yall know I like the guy (more than the usual fan seems to) just ya know, I wouldn't want to rely on Smith to do so. Unless he proves me wrong, which woud be sweet.
Hmmm I'll take your word, IDK the strength of the o line outside Peters but no doubt KC is strong, should be fun.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 19:49
Vick sucks

Edit: Yup, NFC East is toast. We suck ass.
By default Cowboys are the best team, and they are weak with the most anti clutch QB ever.
Well that's the NFL for ya.

Edited by JJLehto - September 19 2013 at 22:43
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 00:02
A bit of a meh game but good to see Philly lose.

Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 07:18
All seriousness, even as a Giants fan I had respect for Reid and McNabb so that whole thing was cool to see.
Hell, I sometimes seemed to like McNabb (and Westbrook) more than Eagle fans here. Until the end he always seemed to get flak, IDK stuff like that drives me crazy.

Fan= fanatic but just makes bonkers when people who have brought your team to success are underappreciated.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 10:53
McNabb and Reid are the best qb and coach that have ever been associated with the Eagles. I think it's hard to deny that.

Anyway, that game shaked out about how I expected it to.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 11:18

McNabb and Reid are the best qb and coach that have ever been associated with the Eagles. I think it's hard to deny that.

I didn't expect that many turnovers from the Eagles.  That was beyond atrocious.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 11:20
Pretty much sums that one up.

And yeah. Last night's game shaped up pretty much how I figured it would. A shame that the NFC East looks so un-competitive this year.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 11:45
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

I didn't expect that many turnovers from the Eagles.  That was beyond atrocious.

Well yeah not quite that many. But I expected the pressure they got and with pressure out comes turnover Vick. The most shocking thing is that they still had a chance to win the game.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 15:33
So my Broncos have some interesting injury related moves coming into Monday nights game against the Raiders.  

On the awful side, O lineman Ryan Clady is out for the year.  It especially hurts when the guy you protected as a "Franchise player" last offseason is gone before week 3.  Kinda like buying something expensive with a no return policy only to see it break the 2nd time you use it.  I expect a lot of holding penalties as Winston Justice steps in and will be obsessed with protecting Manning's blind side at any cost.

On the good side, CB Champ Bailey is slated to return Monday night...though with the way Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is playing, Champ can no longer be considered the Broncos #1 shutdown CB as in past years.  I'd still take him over 90% of the CB's out there, but he's clearly slipping towards retirement.  Also returning to practice is TE Joel Dreessen...but the way Julius Thomas has taken over his spot and performed this season, even a healthy Dreessen could be watching from the sidelines or just seeing special teams action.

As for being 14 point favourites vs the Raiders...I've seen some crazy things happen on Monday nights in Denver with the Raiders in town...but...I don't think they have much of a chance this year.  Oakland could very well take a lead and hold it into halftime but I think the Broncos have too many offensive weapons and will eventually be too much for the Raiders to handle.  Anyway, it's always fun when your team gets the Monday night stage with the whole country watching.
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 19:14
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

It wasn't a fun game to watch. Frustrating i'm sure for Eagles fans. At least next Thursday SanFran is playing the Rams and we should see some better football. Not fun being a Steelers fan either(like myself). They are a train wreck right now and I can't see them getting much better as the season goes on.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2013 at 10:10

Yeah you told me once before people in Philly seem to be more appreciative than Eagles fans in PA (outside Philly) or the fans here in NJ. Which could be, but yeah people always hated on McNabb

I certainly am not looking forward to playing KC. Alex Smith takes conservative passing back 40 yearsLOL but that D is pretty damn good. I wanna say as better teams play em they cant maintain this but we'll see!
Thank god for the Panthers...and Raiders and Vikings. Giants should have at least 3 wins this yearCry

Edited by JJLehto - September 21 2013 at 10:11
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 07:43
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Anyway, it's always fun when your team gets the Monday night stage with the whole country watching.

Definitely, and it was nice to see the Bengals pull out a W last week against the Steelers on Monday night.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 12:07
Eli runs for a first down!! And that was on a 3rd and 10+
We got the new Mike Vick here

Holy hell....we must have the worst O line in the NFL. The run game is being tortured (literally) and they are getting destroyed by just a 4 man rush. By the time Eli gets the ball he's already having to elude pressure. And people wonder why he "struggles"  sheesh...
Edit: holy f**k 4 sacks in the first quarter? Been "rushed" on every other pass attempt, and I think one run attempt has even made it past the line.

So 5 sacks in 16 minutes, 5 rushes for 7 yards and when Wilson actually breaks a TD run there was a penalty committed. This is honestly unbelievable.

And a missed 38 yard FG. 2PM is an ok time to hit the barsLOL

Edited by JJLehto - September 22 2013 at 12:57
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 16:56
Ah well, what can ya say?
Things were held together by band aids and rubber bands (mainly Eli) but it had to fall apart eventually.

We need to fix this disaster of an o line, replace the secondary and painful as it is....we need to start saying bye to some defensive players that mean a lot but just don't perform anymore.
I'll  bleed blue till the end but we all need a bailout team to keep from getting depressedLOL tough to go against the Seahawks, clearly the best team but I'll stick with the Niners for the upset. Let's go frisco
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 17:00
Who are the niners upsetting?
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 17:17
I was a little nervous (again) in that win in Washington today.  The Lions can't just end a game, they like to take it to the wire.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 21:52
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Who are the niners upsetting?

No the upset because of course now no one will side with them.
Have to keep things hipster and not go with the popular choice of course!

Relax relax relax, I spent many posts (because I had to beat all you rabid dogs away) explaining why I like the Seahawks and they are obviously the best team in the NFL (yes even over Denver) so just chill the heck out LOL

Edited by JJLehto - September 22 2013 at 21:53
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 22:29
Broncos...Seahawks....Chiefs.....49 Niners....forget about it...The Bears are going all the way.
Thumbs Up

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 50>