Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Edison's Children album will have 1 hr song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Edison's Children album will have 1 hr song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Edison's Children album will have 1 hr song
    Posted: August 20 2013 at 23:38
Just got the new Edison's Children EP. It features some of the live songs that Pete Trewavas did with Eric Blackwood at the Marillion festivals earlier in the year (and a great new little B-Side) and I got a note that the new album is coming out soon (no release or pre-order date... just "Soon") and it contains a song that is clocking in at over an hour long. The CD is expected to be 77 minutes total. 

Henry Rogers (Touchstone / DeeExpus) who came in 1st place over Mike Portnoy for Prog's readers poll this year is their new drummer and they were recorded at John Mitchell's place.

No news posted yet on Edison's Children's website either about release date either.

Intreguing. Was supposed to see them on the Sounds of Contact tour (Pete Trewavas was flying in for it) but as we all know, SoC couldn't get the Visa deal worked out yet. Was disappointed for a bit but i'll take an hour long song...

If anyone hears of a release date, could you post it?
Let's make Prog a family again. Tired of Snobbery and trolling. We all have a right to love what and who we love so lets respect and appreciate all who care about the finest music in the world... prog
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 23:40
I hope it's not a single track. Something like The Incident was supposed to (obviously not that quality though...)
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
The Shrubbery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 23:48
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I hope it's not a single track. Something like The Incident was supposed to (obviously not that quality though...)

I heard 3 tracks altogether. they've been quiet about what the theme is. i assume it is a theme album if one song is an hour long. watching what Henry Rogers has been posting to see if he spills any news
Let's make Prog a family again. Tired of Snobbery and trolling. We all have a right to love what and who we love so lets respect and appreciate all who care about the finest music in the world... prog
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 23:52
So it'll be an hour long track and the extra 10-15 minutes are the extra two tracks... bleh.

Also - Greetings from St. Petersburg, Florida. I see you're on the other coast ;]

Edited by Horizons - August 20 2013 at 23:55
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 00:05

So it'll be an hour long track and the extra 10-15 minutes are the extra two tracks... bleh.

Also - Greetings from St. Petersburg, Florida. I see you're on the other coast ;]

I'll take St. Pete over Daytona any day. Ybor City is way better than the usual biker bars here... (not that there's anything wrong with biker bars...)
MichaelBacall View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 03:03
Here's the track details,

1. Dusk (6:42)
2. Fracture (Fallout of the 1st Kind / The Last Refrain) (5:50)
3. In the First Waking Moments... (0:44)
4. A Million Miles Away (I Wish I Had a Time Machine) (5:01)
5. Fallout (Of the 2nd Kind) (4:55)
6. Outerspaced (3:14)
7. Spiraling (5:01)
8. The "Other" Other Dimension (4:45)
9. Across the Plains (2:26)
10. In the Last Waking Moments... (7:25)
11. Lifeline (3:17)
12. Fallout (Of the 3rd Kind) (4:00)
13. The Awakening (15:33)
14. Fallout (Of the 4th Kind) (1:46)
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 08:18
i'm confused, that tracklist is from their last album.
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 20:07
It is hoped that the CD will be completed by the middle of October...pledges permitting - the lads are trying to part-finance it that way. Without the extra support they say it won't become a reality until 2014. There is also a post on facebook saying that Edison's Children has made the decision that at least until album #3 comes out in a few years... "The Final Breath Before November" WILL NOT be on Spotify...until they start paying artists more than $250 per 50,000 streams.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 07:37

I guess the way it turned out ... if you pre-ordered the download from them... it either comes in a 3 parter.. .with Silhouette being a 67 minute song
or you can get it spliced into 16 different pieces ... your choice. I see however on bandcamp and other places, only the 16 part option is offered.

they total track listing is 79 minutes and someone posted that is only 125 seconds less than all 4 sides of the wall or tales of topographic oceans. 

Here's the 16 track listing as posted on bandcamp

ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 08:11
Originally posted by The Shrubbery The Shrubbery wrote:

I guess the way it turned out ... if you pre-ordered the download from them... it either comes in a 3 parter.. .with Silhouette being a 67 minute song
or you can get it spliced into 16 different pieces ... your choice. I see however on bandcamp and other places, only the 16 part option is offered.

they total track listing is 79 minutes and someone posted that is only 125 seconds less than all 4 sides of the wall or tales of topographic oceans. 

Bandcamp is a great tool, but they don't allow more than 20 minutes of music uploaded (or something like that), which is really silly. I hope is only that and in the CD it's the full 67 minutes track. I have really big problems in understanding why a Prog act would write something 1 hours long and divide this into smaller tracks.
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2013 at 11:41

You have a choice Horizon if you download it straight from them. You can get it in the full 67 minute long song on request... but iTunes, Amazon and Bandcamp have it broken up into 13 different sections. And what do you mean (obviously not that quality though?...)
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2013 at 08:50
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

Originally posted by The Shrubbery The Shrubbery wrote:

<t></t><table ="track_list="" track_table"="" id="track_table" style="font-size: 12px; border-collapse: collapse; color: rgb54, 54, 54; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; line-height: 14px;"><t><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=1" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">
</a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">1.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Final Breath</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">04:03</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=2" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">2.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Light Years</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">06:05</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=3" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">3.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Light Years - i. the fading</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">01:27</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed="" mouseovertrack"="" rel="tracknum=4" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">4.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - i. silence can be deafening</span><span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">06:46</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;">lyrics</td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;">download</td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=5" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">5.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - ii. welcome to your dreamland</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">03:16</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=6" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">6.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - iii. where were you?</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">12:04</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=7" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">7.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - iv. the longing</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">07:48</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=8" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">8.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - v. the morphlux</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">03:12</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=9" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">9.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - vi. i am haunted</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">02:50</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=10" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">10.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - vii. what did you want?</span><span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">02:04</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=11" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">11.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - viii. the seventh sign</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">07:00</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=12" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">12.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - ix. the second coming of the morphlux</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">03:07</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=13" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">13.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - x. silence can be deafening (part ii)</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">05:13</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=14" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">14.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - xi. welcome to your nightmares</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">03:06</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=15" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">15.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - xii. music for the end credits of an existence</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">09:10</span></td><td ="info-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="info_"="" style="width: 25px; visibility: ;"></td><td ="download-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="dl_"="" style="text-align: right; width: 83px; visibility: ;"></td></tr><tr ="track_row_view="" ed"="" rel="tracknum=16" itemprop="tracks" itemscope="" item="http://www.schema.org/MusicRecording"><td ="play-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 2px 0px; vertical-align: top; width: 17px;"><a style="color: rgb6, 135, 245; cursor: pointer;"><div class="play_status" style="display: inline-block; height: 17px; width: 17px; background-image: url(http://s0.bcbits.com/img/miniplaypause.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></a></td><td ="track-number-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top; width: 15px;"><div ="track_number="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; width: 15px; text-align: right;">16.</td><td ="title-col"="" style="border-top-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; padding: 3px 2px 2px; vertical-align: top;"><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"><span itemprop="name">Silhouette - xiii. the clock strikes november</span> <span ="time="" secondarytext"="" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; padding-right: 0.2em; padding-left: 0.3em; font-size: 10px;">01:41</span><div ="title"="" style="width: 220px;"></td></tr></t></table>

Bandcamp is a great tool, but they don't allow more than 20 minutes of music uploaded (or something like that), which is really silly. I hope is only that and in the CD it's the full 67 minutes track. I have really big problems in understanding why a Prog act would write something 1 hours long and divide this into smaller tracks.

Somebody mention the Wall and Tales from Topographic Oceans in the same sentence??? One is a masterpiece of symphonic prog the other is a pop concept album....You cannot compare the two on length either because topographic is a four movement opus whilst the Wall is a hit single encapsulated by other short songs..... Better comparison would have been the whirlwind... or Garden of dreams...
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2013 at 12:36
1. Let's never quote that again.

2. They're both bleh :[
Scott Brownstone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2013 at 12:53

#music #news
"Edison's Children's ~ The Final Breath Before November"
http://www.progrockmag.com/news/edisons-children-release-final-breath/

http://youtu.be/hOM67h82yxk

Marillion and Transatlantic bassist Pete Trewavas and his collaborator Eric Blackwood have released their second album as Edison’s Chldren.

The Final Breath Before November features just three tracks – but final number Silhouette takes up 67 minutes of the 79-minute total. Hear opening piece Final Breath below.

The record was mixed by John Mitchell, Jakko Jakszyk, Robin Boult, Mike Hunter and Trewavas and mastered in Marillion’s Racket Studios. Both Trewavas and Blackwood recorded vocal, guitar, bass and keyboard parts, while Henry Rogers (DeeExpus, Touchstone) contributed drums and Blackwood’s wife Wendy Pastore performed backing vocals.

The Final Breath Before November is the follow-up to the Edison’s Children debut In The Last Waking Moments, released in 2011. Find out more at www.edisonschildren.com and buy the album now.

Tracklist

1. Final Breath
2. Light Years
i. The Fading
3. Silhouette
i. Silence Can Be Deafening Part I
ii Welcome To Your Dreamland
iii. Where Were You?
iv. The Longing
v. The Morphlux
vi. I Am Haunted
vii. What Did You Want?
viii. The Seventh Sign
ix. The Second Coming Of The Morphlux
x. Silence Can Be Deafening Part II
xi. Welcome To Your Nightmares
xii. Music For The End Credits Of An Existence
xiii. The Clock Strikes November

Congratulations Eric Balckwood, Pete Trewavas, Henry Rogers and Wendy Farrell Pastore :)

- See more at: http://web.aiiradio.net/node/64#comment-19
#music #news
Congratulations Eric Blackwood, Pete Trewavas, Henry Rogers and Wendy Farrell Pastore and all involved! :)
"Edison's Children's ~ The Final Breath Before November"
http://www.progrockmag.com/news/edisons-children-release-final-breath/
Music = Life
 Post Reply Post Reply