Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA Songwriters'/Composers' Association

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star_Song_Age_Less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 01:39
^Been insanely busy but a quick stop to say that I think StringHead is already very good the way it is - just bit more variation like you'd get with a human performer would be even better in my opinion.

#6 - more than somewhat connected, absolutely loved it.

Sometime will have time to listen to more songs...
https://www.facebook.com/JamieKernMusic
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2015 at 20:59
Here's an updated version of Solid Ground:
Iíve been a drifter 
in the heights 
of the waters below me. 
In places far 
away from the ground. 

Whether Iíve found sky or sea, 
my tired eyes, 
my tired limbs 
want to lay on 
solid ground. 

Euphoria chaser. Try. 
Depression eraser. Lie. 
I only want the truth. 

Whether Iíve found sky or sea, 
my tired eyes, my tired limbs 
want to lay on 
solid ground. 
Thoughts/opinions?

Edited by Polymorphia - April 27 2015 at 21:00
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 00:15
^ Do you have a clear idea for the form of the lyrics (besides breaking them up into stanzas)? It appears that the lyrics follow the ABCB form. I suppose A is the verse, B is the chorus, and C is the bridge in your song.

I like the use of empyrean imagery. Reminds me of the stuff I heard and read about Wim Wenders' "Wings Of Desire", though the premise there is different. It also reminds me of the Book of Genesis, depicting how the whole thing with the growth of mankind got started thanks to the effects of the apple from the Tree of Knowledge, which is where the thoughts you laid out came from, according to the Bible.

And speaking of premises, it appears that the theme in your lyrics is the desire to be in touch with the real world, the awakening of curiosity and empathy. However, I do feel that you could do more with that theme, simply take it and explore it deeply.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - April 28 2015 at 00:17
"People tell you life is short. ... No, it's not. Life is long. Especially if you make the wrong decisions." - Chris Rock
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 10:20
There's another chorus at the end so I might do a slightly altered version to make the theme feel more firmly established. This will be the first song on an EP and is kind of one-sided because I want to explore the flip side of the sentiment on the second song. Especially since this song has very limited lyrical space and the next song has a lot of real estate. This is a statement of goal and the second song will be a statement of doubt.

There are definitely undertones from the Book of Genesis, though I was thinking specifically of the division of sky and sea. The theme is definitely wanting to be in touch with the real world, being caught up in daydreams and depressions.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 10:31
A quick question to anyone in the know, can I attach mp3's to a post for your listening pleasure or can I only add a link and only if it exists somewhere online?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 11:16
If there's an attachment function, I don't know anything about it. If you don't want to post the publicly online, you can post them privately on soundcloud and post the secret link here.
floflo79 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floflo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2015 at 02:08
Now, you can rate Vango II on RateYourMusic, it would be really nice if the ones who listened to it can rate it, please ;)
Magikernandy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magikernandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2015 at 04:17
[QUOTE] This is a place for songwriters and composers to share their works, advice, criticism, exercises, etc. to hone their skills for whatever they wanna do with their music.
[/QUOTE]

Classical pieces as well I guess? 

I have found a couple of pieces on the net that I am not involved with but they  deserve a lot more attention.

The best of them, Axel fugue by Matthew Brigham, is sadly no longer online.

Another  piece I really like is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10F9vm3_b2Y
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic