Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Phish may cover Lamb w/ Peter Gabriel on Halloween
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPhish may cover Lamb w/ Peter Gabriel on Halloween

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 14:41
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by Evolver Evolver wrote:

Originally posted by stegor stegor wrote:

I'm a rare Phish fan who loves their albums (well, some of them) but can't stand their concerts. I like the live albums but I saw them once and I was so annoyed by the crowd of Deadhead wannabes I left before it was over. I guess it's the fans I don't like.

This.

i used to go see them in a club in Boston before they were well known.
It was very enjoyable.
After they became the new dead, the cowds were unbearable.
On show, I had promo tickets, and the crowd of ticket baggars clogged the 4-lane highway for miles, hours before the show.

Over an hour into the show, I was still sitting in my car, a couple of miles from the venue.  I sold the tickets to a Fishhead for well over face value, and I'm sure the guy missed most of the show, if not all of it.
I didn't mind the Deadhead wannabes per se, but I stopped going to see them after about 1998, which is when they started playing amphitheaters instead of small to medium sized theater venues.  That, plus I was nearly 30 by then, and starting to feel old at those shows, which had mostly college kids in the audience.  It became a less personal kind of concert experience.  Seeing them up close in the early days was really the way to see them.  They don't look particularly exciting from a distance, and a lot of the enjoyment of their improvisational segments came out of seeing them really push themselves on stage - an effect that's kind of lost when you're 75 yards away.

I'm already over 30 and I wouldn't let age be a factor for not going to a concert I'd like to attend.
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 14:49
I would love watching Peter Gabriel performing The Lamb Lies Down live.
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2013 at 12:38
I prefer the albums too these days. Phish live is an ordeal. This is just Trey talking sh*t. Will never happen.
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12