Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRapa Nui for PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rapa Nui for PA
    Posted: August 27 2013 at 23:42

Hi, this is César Inca.

RAPA NUI is a Peruvian avant-rock project very much akin to the standard of psychedelic progressive experimentation. It comprises a member of CHOLO VISCERAL (already in PA) and another of MERCĚ BABOON. Of all their material posted in their bancamp page, two items have received their physical editions as CDs: "Lucha Troglodita" and "Rigel Kentaur". The former has been published by a foreign label.

Here are their recordings posted in Bandcamp so far.-

Soon to be released  --  Desde Lo Profundo Hasta Lo Más Denso: http://rapanuiperu.bandcamp.com/album/desde-lo-profundo-hasta-lo-m-s-denso 

As you can see, this is sheer psychedelic avant-rock with hints at kraut, free-jazz, the acid aspects of old-school space-rock and, in the case of Rigel Kentaur, some flirtations with post-rock as well.

Edited by Cesar Inca - August 27 2013 at 23:43
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 06:06
I listened to this last night, plus given their new release a shot this afternoon, and I think avant sounds like the appropriate place for these guys. The new stuff seems to be more of a droning avantguarde approach, whereas an album like Rigel Kentaur sounds more in line with what PA is about. I'll leave it entirely up to the ZART boys to decide thoughSmile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply