FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKeyboards and Workstations help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboards and Workstations help
    Posted: August 31 2013 at 23:23
Hi guys. I know you are experts in this kind of problems. I know you can help me. I have worked with a Korg M50for three years now, mainly for tracking ideas in studio and for playing live. But it stop working. Now, I can't repair it because there's no support by Korg in Guatemala. So, I only have the chance to take it to an average technitian. So, basically I'm out of options and have really low budget.

Now, searching around in a small music store I found this little Casio workstation with a sequencer and all this different plus really complete and rounded. I'm thinking on buying it so i can keep on tracking, recording and playing live while I finally can repair my Korg. I know that is a Casio but reading around in blogs and forums and even people fan of Yamaha have been talking good about this keyboard. It's the CTK 7000 and the WK 7500.

Can you help me guiding me or giving me an advise about this. Have you ever try it? Here is the link:

http://www.casio-intl.com/latin/es/emi/high_grade/ctk7000/

Thanks for your help

Cheers
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2013 at 23:47
Sorry guys, here's the link of the keyboard in english.

http://www.free-scores.com/buy/casio-ctk-7000-keyboard-notes-157521

I hope you can help me with it.

Thanks.
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 06:51
Hey Juan, great to hear from you! Glad you're still doin' the music.

That's a real pity about your Korg. I'm sorry, I can't advise you on the Casio but have you checked any Youtube videos? Here's one with Spanish sub-titles:

Plenty other vids on YT that you can check. Hope that helps, buddy. Smile  

jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 10:04
Hey Chris!!! Nice to talk to talk to you. Yes, I still playing music and living along. Yes, I've seen the tutorials and yes, all seems pretty great. But maybe I'm missing some points there and the experts here can point them out.

Nice to know about you Chris. How's everything going?
notesworth View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 20:43
I've played one in a music store and it seems really nice. The only problem is there aren't any standard MIDI ports - only USB ports. Yamaha does this on their home keyboards too. It's annoying. There's MIDI functionality, but no MIDI ports.

I have a Casio CTK-691 and I've been happy with it for the past ten years. Some Casio keyboards are high quality. It depends on the keyboard.
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 10:29
Originally posted by notesworth notesworth wrote:

I've played one in a music store and it seems really nice. The only problem is there aren't any standard MIDI ports - only USB ports. Yamaha does this on their home keyboards too. It's annoying. There's MIDI functionality, but no MIDI ports.

I have a Casio CTK-691 and I've been happy with it for the past ten years. Some Casio keyboards are high quality. It depends on the keyboard.

Thanks notesworth. Yeah, it doesn't have MIDI ports but I don't use it any way. I prefer to work it track by track and export through SD card or anything else. I work with a Casio WK-8000 yesterday, which happens to have almost the same features, just a little less intuitive and I'm quite thrilled about its sound and capabilities.

I'd never thought that Casio would have this much technology but it seems all bright. The sounds require a little of work and editing but I think it's great for what it is.

Thanks again man. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply