Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shepherds of Cassini (New Zealand) for Prog Metal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShepherds of Cassini (New Zealand) for Prog Metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shepherds of Cassini (New Zealand) for Prog Metal
    Posted: September 12 2013 at 00:22
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 04:59
At it again eh Svetonio? 

Can I just make one observation: During your little break from suggesting bands for inclusion, I noticed you posting all of these acts in either the unsigned area of PA, or the bandcamp thread. Now as far as I've been able to see, there's been exactly zero comments made in either of these threads. Not a single post commenting on how great/bad the given music is... 
I'm not suggesting that the music is inferior in any way, shape or form, but I am however a little concerned about the workload you keep pushing onto the teams, when you now (again) go back to your old ways of suggesting bands by the hundreds -  and none of the acts you push seem to garner any positive feedback. Hell they don't receive any feedback at all whatsoever.
I could understand your doings, if these acts had a following, or you'd heard them on the radio, talked to some fans about em - yet the more I see of your suggestions, the more obvious it becomes, that you're basically just looking through the bandcamp site for artists with descriptions such as 'progressive' or 'experimental'. 

A friendly suggestion on my behalf would be that you'd consider yourself more with the acts you've already pushed through here on PA, and maybe help trying to write bios, add albums etc etc. Help the site instead of overburdening it.

From outside of all these threads of yours, I find your posts to be charming and enthusiastic, but it kinda irks me when you continue down this path, when collabs time and again have asked you to chill. Chris was very kind last time when he asked you for a fortnight's rest, but personally I think you should stop altogether. 
PA is infinitely more than quantity, but the way you insist on approaching it, I'm not entirely sure you agree with me.

This is entirely my own sentiments on this matter. I'm not speaking anyone's mind but my own. I just think this has gone on long enough now. You don't seem to acknowledge the workload on the other side of the PA curtain - or maybe you just don't care. Either way, I find it highly disrespectful and downright stupid. There I said it.  
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 05:02
Clap
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 05:52
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

At it again eh Svetonio? 

Can I just make one observation: During your little break from suggesting bands for inclusion, I noticed you posting all of these acts in either the unsigned area of PA, or the bandcamp thread. Now as far as I've been able to see, there's been exactly zero comments made in either of these threds. Not a single post commenting on how great/bad the given music is... 

(...)  

Actually, it's not true.
Just for record:
1)PA Forum members' comments on my threads that I posted recently at "Unsigned Bands" forum

2) There are a number of members' comments on my reccomandations at "Bandcamp reccomandations" thread, so I pick up just one 

3) Widhawk's Review of the debut album by U.S. "bandcamp band" (with "name your price" releases only) added by my suggestion
A number of the reviews of "~" by THE best Russian prog-rock band added by my suggestion

4) About "feedback"...  One of These Days' debut, by awesome Spanish band added to Psych/Space section a week ago by my suggestion, already get 4 stars.  

aa

Edited by Svetonio - September 12 2013 at 06:23
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 06:23
The Bandcamp thread is 54 pages long - that's 1,063 posts - 99% of them are from you - one post=one band with hardly ever any discussion. In the New Suggestions thread it is impossible to count how many bands you have suggested because it is more than 100 in the past six months alone (100 is the maximum number the Search routine will return). In Unsigned bands you have suggested 30 different bands.

Of course you will have successes. Dumb random luck will have successes, but there are too many failures. 

Sorry but the current low success rate is too expensive on our collaborators time for it to continue like this.

What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 07:33
@Dean 
Yes, I made Bandcamp thread that big. Is that something bad for this site? If is, then that's something new because untill now nobody have objections, on contrary -  my "work" is praised by many  PA' members who are open-minded. 

Anyway. One can check all the bands added to PA by my suggestions, and will find no one band or solo arist which is not good and "not prog at all". Sorry, but I can't accept that's only a result of "random device".
That's result of great work and credits go to me and to The Teams (I LOVE THEM ALL).

Actually, almost all of old bands are already in Arhives. That story is almost over, I mean, to find a hidden gem from e.g.1976. Now, we are in the middle of great new wave of Prog. This time for progressive music is like early 70s. A lot of new bands release their great debuts every day. For example, Shepherds Of Cassini from New Zealend. 
Some of us can't see (hear) that, and then called the new bands and artists as "bandcamp bands", "bedroom magicians", also a succesful and long term suggester is graded on rejected bands (what is imposible to not be a lot of them) not on added bands, etc. ... that's sad.

P.S. please don't shoot me...

Edited by Svetonio - September 12 2013 at 07:36
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 07:54
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

@Dean 
Yes, I made Bandcamp thread that big. Is that something bad for this site? If is, then that's something new because untill now nobody have objections, on contrary -  my "work" is praised by many  PA' members who are open-minded. 

Anyway. One can check all the bands added to PA by my suggestions, and will find no one band or solo arist which is not good and "not prog at all". Sorry, but I can't accept that's only a result of "random device".
That's result of great work and credits go to me and to The Teams (I LOVE THEM ALL).

Actually, almost all of old bands are already in Arhives. That story is almost over, I mean, to find a hidden gem from e.g.1976. Now, we are in the middle of great new wave of Prog. This time for progressive music is like early 70s. A lot of new bands release their great debuts every day. For example, Shepherds Of Cassini from New Zealend. 
Some of us can't see (hear) that, and then called the new bands and artists as "bandcamp bands", "bedroom magicians", also a succesful and long term suggester is graded on rejected bands (what is imposible to not be a lot of them) not on added bands, etc. ... that's sad.

BANG!!!Stern Smile

Tell you what Svetonio, if you're that insisting on finding new acts to show to all of us here at PA, then I welcome you. I never said anything about the quality of the music you suggested either. I actually went out of my way to underline that aspect in my initial post, but you obviously neglected to see that. Anyway, keep up this searching - it's all fine by me. Just for the love of god: keep these recommendations in the unsigned area or bandcamp thread. If enough people start shouting about just how wonderful and amazing any of these acts are, then let's take it from there and look at an inclusion. Right now you seem to be the only person on here who wants to add them, maybe outside of the artist in question. 

You say you love all of the teams, but you still keep pushing all these suggestions our way like a person with obsessive compulsion disorder. What about helping out with a bio or adding some freaking albums instead?? I'm sorry if my tone is less friendly this time, but the way you insist on pursuing this issue pisses me off. 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 08:08

@Dean 

I could not give a damn about the size of the Bandcamp thread, no one bothers to read it any more now anyway. (Yes, you've broken it). Personally I no longer see the point of it, Bandcamp.com itself is more than sufficient as a repository for those links without our help. When it was carefully selecting bands of interest then there was some value to it, now it's just wallpaper and wasted space on our sever.

I did not say your successes were random, bad or not Prog (though I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face - we don't add bands because they are good), I said that random luck will have success. 

If I randomly pick 1000 bands from Bandcamp without even listening to them there will be some bands in there that will be suitable for addition here. I will have random success. That's is simple probability. My cat could do it if she had opposable thumbs and could read and could navigate a web-browser (she is called "Mouse" so who knows?). If you had a 50% success-rate I'd still think it was no better than random flipping of a coin. To be of any value and to be worthwhile, your "hit-rate" should be 99 accepted in every 100 suggested. Seriously. If you were "in tune" with what we were looking for then you would be more successful, if you did not keep flooding us with everything you find and were more selective you would be more helpful, if you could actually follow the suggestion guidelines and provide the information we ask for then you would be more useful... and you would piss-off a lot less people.

The world record for a human being shot out of a cannon is 50.05m, somehow I don't think that will be far enough.

Edited by Dean - September 12 2013 at 08:10
What?
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 08:09
Almost all of artists say they need reviews or so rather than inclusion into PA.

It's more reasonable for you to suggest artists, with your reviews for their albums. Wink

Edited by DamoXt7942 - September 12 2013 at 08:20
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 16:00
Briefly, I will second every word Dean and David said.

I started off happy in the New Suggestions team as a collab. After a little while, I simply could not keep up with the workload - it was getting harder and more time consuming than work itself, so I had to stop.

Also, Svetonio, I must say it also ceased to be a pleasure.

Sometimes, less is more.

Please take the hint, from people who continue to keep this site going. They know what they are talking about, and they are, more importantly, right.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 00:15
What about the band?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 07:32
Post about it in the bandcamp thread and see what people think about it. If it garners enough positive feedback and people want it included on PA, then let's take it from there. The same goes for all the other bandcamp suggestions you throw at us. I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but maybe you just don't read too well?
Frankly I'm at the point where I think we should just ignore your suggestions altogether. You seem to have zero respect for this site and how it's run, - you won't help out with the bands you've pushed through, you don't follow the guidelines for suggesting bands, and to top it all off, you never listen to what the collabs have to say to you. 
This is not about Sherperds of Cassini, for all I know they could be the bee's knees, but the way you go about all of this, I just don't care any more. I'm done evaluating anything from you.

- Douglas Adams
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 08:23

Post about it in the bandcamp thread and see what people think about it. (...) 
I think we should just ignore your suggestions altogether. You seem to have zero respect for this site and (...) you don't follow the guidelines for suggesting bands (...)

You can and you have every right to ignore me, for example at PA' Prog Music Lounge forum, but you have no right to ignore this pretty impersonalized suggestion. 
Actually, aside of your thought (from you first post from above) that I should not have right to suggest the bands as others PA' members as well,  this is the legitimate suggestion with all the links that you (or somebody else) need to evoluate an amazing prog metal band called Shepherds of Cassini; maybe it wil be more easier for you to do it if I mind you that Svetonio is not  the member of the band.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 08:32
First of all: we don't have to do anything Svetonio. This site is run by volunteers. We all have lives outside of this place. We are more than happy to look at new suggestions, especially if they're done right - and no you are still not doing it right. Personally I'm done helping you out with overburdening the teams. Something you have never addressed.

I'm through with this "conversation" as you again neglect to concern yourself with the real part of the problem.  

- Douglas Adams
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 08:37

First of all: we don't have to do anything Svetonio. This site is run by volunteers. We all have lives outside of this place. We are more than happy to look at new suggestions, especially if they're done right - and no you are still not doing it right. Personally I'm done helping you out with overburdening the teams. Something you have never addressed.

I'm through with this "conversation" as you again neglect to concern yourself with the real part of the problem.  

I think you need a rest, not me.

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 08:52

No. It's definitely you.
What?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 13:33
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

No. It's definitely you.

Let's be even more blunt, shall we?

Get a bloody lifeDisapprove
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Gallifrey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 18:53
Sorry for bringing this thread back up, but holy sh*t you guys are dicks.

I'm really starting to wonder why I still come here, when RYM does everything you do, but more and better, and they don't have admins and mods that complain about people trying to expand the database.
http://thedarkthird.bandcamp.com/
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 19:05
Originally posted by Gallifrey Gallifrey wrote:

I'm really starting to wonder why I still come here, when RYM does everything you do, but more and better, and they don't have admins and mods that complain about people trying to expand the database.
Then I politely suggest you go away, no one is forcing you to come here.
What?
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 19:23
Originally posted by Gallifrey Gallifrey wrote:

Calling these guys who devote time to running the website "dicks" is disrespectful and immature and should not be tolerated. Now go wash your mouth out with soap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>