Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Mighty Bard - UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Mighty Bard - UK
    Posted: September 13 2013 at 09:14
Hi,

I'd like to introduce my band The Mighty Bard - a UK based Progressive Rock band.

Neil Cockle and I formed the band nearly 10 years ago, we have been writing and playing live fairly regularly since then, but with the recent addition of a fantastic new drummer over a year ago, have just managed to get some decent versions of our songs.  I have shared three tracks here, I hope you have the time to listen and enjoy them ;

http://sdrv.ms/1dWbKvP

Our upcoming album "Blue God and Other Stories" will feature 7 tracks (including the three I have shared here) - the remaining four tracks are at the overdub/mix/master stage.

We have had a number of fun gigs, supporting the Enid a few years back, recently playing with Crimson Sky, we've played at Guilfest a few times and at the GranitArena in Austria in 2009 - mainly we're playing in the London/Bucks area of the UK at the moment, but planning on going further afield next year.

We have a mini-EP on iTunes called Placidity, featuring our old drummer - which aren't really up to level we are at these days, but give a reasonable idea of the flavour of the songs (also playable on our website).

We've been compared to a number of different bands, as people tend to do, sometimes Camel, Fantasy, Gryphon, hints of Genesis, Floyd, Rush - but I hope we sound like ourselves too.  With Neil's past as the onetime keyboard player for Electric Gypsy and Silmarillion many moons ago, there are obvious comparisons drawn there too ;)

We've recently been played on Shaun Geraghty's excellent Prog Mill on Radio Stafford, Jim Lawson's show on Cuillin FM, Andy's show Honey in Your Ear, Phil Meek's Saturday night show on Radio Caroline.

We've just finished a new track called Black Train, which had a great reception at our last gig in August, it clocks in at just over 18 minutes, and we think is the best thing we've written so far.

We'll finish the album this year, and will be looking to gig more intensively in 2014 - hopefully finding some great venues on the European mainland.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this intro - I hope you enjoy the tracks !

Cheers

Dave

www.themightybard.com
twitter: themightybard
Facebook: The Mighty Bard

Edited by NightPirate - September 13 2013 at 09:24
NightPirate View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 19:02
Wow - not a single hello - tough crowd..
http://www.themightybard.com

<a href="http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=themightybard">Follow @themightybard</a>

denn9605 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 02:27
i hope you enjoy your project!

Greetings
NightPirate View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 09:28
Thanks denn9605 - Yes - loving it.

It seems Skydrive only lets the link stay active for a while; so here is another link to the songs;

http://sdrv.ms/1h0ysoe

Cheers

Dave

Edited by NightPirate - November 19 2013 at 09:29
 Post Reply Post Reply